Donald Trump

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,770
    I predict Trump comes away from it hating the rest of the world even more than he does now.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    It will become more like the G6 +1 as Trump sees everything as some sort of contest and creates more distance between himself and the rest of the world.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    He'll be crying again soon, Mexicos is retaliating against tariffs by hitting GOP states produce... "It's so not fair, they haven't targeted any Dem states, I told you mexicans were rapists, killers, drug dealers, now they wont buy GOP state goods - build the wall"
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • kingstongraham
    He'll be crying again soon, Mexicos is retaliating against tariffs by hitting GOP states produce... "It's so not fair, they haven't targeted any Dem states, I told you mexicans were rapists, killers, drug dealers, now they wont buy GOP state goods - build the wall"

It's true enough, but won't change the tariffs. Hit Trump businesses, then you might see some movement. Work out a way to close his golf course in Scotland.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    rjsterry wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    G7 summit starts tomorrow. I am hoping for good things to come out of it.
    Define "good". :?

hope<>predict

It's possible he has turned his obnoxious mode on a bit more than usual as a negotiation tactic. At the summit he'll moderate it a little to seem like he's given way a bit. He'll want consensus on Iran and worse case there'll be another war raging in the Middle East.

Golf course? African giant earthworms.

hqdefault.jpg
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,106
    Um, not sure of the significance of the worms. I was wondering whether you meant good for the world or a good source of stories.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    I did like him un-inviting the Philadelphia Eagles to the White House to celebrate their Superbowl win. This because of his crusade against players kneeing during the national anthem* and not in anyway linked to the fact only a few from the team were willing to turn up.

Then he turned the event into a military and american pride event instead - only he didn't know the words to God Bless America**. Check out the videos.

*Non of the Eagles knelt during the anthem last season.

**It has 28 words, total.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Worms are to ruin the golf course.
  • kingstongraham
    Robert88 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    G7 summit starts tomorrow. I am hoping for good things to come out of it.
    Define "good". :?

hope<>predict

It's possible he has turned his obnoxious mode on a bit more than usual as a negotiation tactic. At the summit he'll moderate it a little to seem like he's given way a bit. He'll want consensus on Iran and worse case there'll be another war raging in the Middle East.

That's possible, but they all know that as soon as he gets home, he'll go back to the same as before.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Introduce a family of moles to each of the greens at his golf courses.

Spray or brush paraquat in rude words or phrases on his golf courses.

The summit between rocket man and Trump is on the island who's original name was "death comes from behind" in the local language. Reason being it was Japanese occupied during WWII and the Japanese did a lot of executions there. The request for that island and hotel came from us state department. Is that a warning for North Korea?

That island now has a much more pleasant name and is an island of luxury hotels; clean, white beaches and full of golf courses. No prizes for guessing where the meetings will take place of trump has his way!
  • rjsterry

Ah. I can lend the foxes that like trashing my garden. They do a nice line in minor excavation and strategically positioned runny turds.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• kingstongraham
    Dinyull wrote:
    I did like him un-inviting the Philadelphia Eagles to the White House to celebrate their Superbowl win. This because of his crusade against players kneeing during the national anthem* and not in anyway linked to the fact only a few from the team were willing to turn up.

Then he turned the event into a military and american pride event instead - only he didn't know the words to God Bless America**. Check out the videos.

At least two people took the knee during the anthem at that White House event. Got to respect that.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Dinyull wrote:

At least two people took the knee during the anthem at that White House event. Got to respect that.

Yep, saw that too.

Few hecklers as well, amongst the mainly White House Staff pretending to be Eagles fans.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    It’s a vote winner for Trump, unfortunately.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277

Funny because I always thought golf did that - those giant african earthworms coming over here and taking jobs from our good american earthworms.......
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • bianchimoon
    Betsy de Vos just speaking at Trumps School Safety Panel says "we will not look at the role of guns in school safety".
    apparently it's not an issue...
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • kingstongraham
    Betsy de Vos just speaking at Trumps School Safety Panel says "we will not look at the role of guns in school safety".
    apparently it's not an issue...

That's the panel set up after the Parkland shooting...
  • kingstongraham
    Scott Pruitt. Awesome. Keeps on giving. He tried to use his position to get his wife a Chick-Fil-A franchise. Added to:

Axios wrote:
    He reportedly ordered raises for two aides, despite the White House rejecting his request. He later said he was unaware of the raises.

He spent $3 million of taxpayer funds on an extensive security detail, which was three times bigger than his predecessor's.

Biometric locks were installed on his office doors for $5,700, Politico reports.

He came under fire for renting a bedroom near Capitol Hill from a lobbyist for $50 a night. He told the Washington Examiner: "I'm dumbfounded that that's controversial."

The agency installed a $43,000 private phone booth in his office.

He has spent over $105,000 on first-class flights, per Politico, citing "threats to his safety."

He had a tendency to want to use flashing lights and sirens on his motorcade to cut through D.C. traffic — including at least one trip to a popular French restaurant, Le Diplomate.

A former Comcast lobbyist helped the agency set up a trip to Morocco in December, which cost $100,000, despite original claims that it would cost $40,000.

Pruitt accepted seats at a University of Kentucky basketball game for him and his son from a billionaire coal executive.

His staff spent over $1,500 on fountain pens, CNN reported, and more than $1,600 on journals.

His director of scheduling and advance says Pruitt asked her to perform personal tasks, which included a request for a Trump hotel mattress.

He still has his job.
  • robert88
    I predict Trump comes away from it hating the rest of the world even more than he does now.

Don't you wish you were wrong?
    Anger Flares Up as Group of 7 Heads to Quebec

And we have a foreign secretary who has been outed as a closet admirer of the creature.

Whoever recorded that conversation deserves a medal.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    He is basically asserting what he said as an election promise and that has a greater degree of consistency than we, in Europe ever see. He must think of some G7 as a joke - UK can't work out what to do with Europe, Germany has no effective government, (not G7 but Italy - failed coalition, Greece and the Southern States...), Canada a joke with a joke PM....

I think he respects China and Japan because they know what they are doing.

My company does not give a toss about supply chain, competition, markets - just profits - I'm sure yours do too - this is just an extension of that.

In fairness what did surprise me was a follow up from the delivery of the F35 to the UK noting that they had been combat tested (bombing innocents) in Israel - well by Israel in foreign countries. I thought that was a bit aquiescent.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    G7 includes Italy and not China
  • shirley_basso
    Profit is vanity.

You ever heard of concentration?
  • rjsterry
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Not to mention that Italy's "failed coalition" is exactly the sort of populist anti-establishment government that Trump and his cronies support.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• robert88
    I guess you could call our government a 'failed coalition': Both* parts of the Tory party plus the DUP.

* in fact the Tory party is really very like the GOP in that it consists of individuals (and their families) all out for their own interests concealed under the bed-cover of 'Patriotism'.
  • shirley_basso
    Can't disagree with that, unfortunately. It's a pretty sad state of affairs. The worst part is the opposition is so weak that noone can really hold them to account for doing some a crap, self centered job.
  • kingstongraham
    FishFish wrote:
    I think he respects China and Japan because they know what they are doing.

Explain how he is showing respect for Japan. He will say that someone is his friend when they are in the room with him, but that doesn't seem to mean anything.

Withdrawing from the TPP, ignoring them in the North Korea whatever it is, putting tariffs on their steel - none of this shows a great deal of respect.

China - they have something of benefit to the Trump organisation, so they will get "respect".
  • kingstongraham
    FishFish wrote:
    My company does not give a toss about supply chain, competition, markets - just profits - I'm sure yours do too - this is just an extension of that.

:)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,204
    FishFish wrote:

:)
    :lol: Yeah, I clocked that as well. Methinks Fishy might not be the superstar business executive he makes out to be. Or course maybe he's just fishing. Thought fishies took the bait, not hang it out there...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    TheBigBean wrote:

You'd think someone in his esteemed, high profile job would have known that. It's almost as if our little piscine friend may talk a load of ball locks!
  • bianchimoon
    edited June 2018
    Pross wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

You'd think someone in his esteemed, high profile job would have known that. It's almost as if our little piscine friend may talk a load of ball locks!

he now wants Russia invited back into a G8!