Donald Trump

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Dinyull wrote:
    Going back to Seth Abramson

He seems to think the reason the Rep's are willing to sell their soul, isn't because Trump is pushing for their legislation. More they're afraid he'll rip the party in 2, break off and form his own Republican party taking half of the party with him.

He can be a bit conspiracy theory (Seth that is), so don't really know if it has legs or not but could explain them sitting on their hands.
    Could well be, Steve Bannons stated aim is to put Repugs that are on his/breitbarts side up against conventional republicans, it's a lose - lose situation for repugs
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    Dinyull wrote:
    Going back to Seth Abramson

He seems to think the reason the Rep's are willing to sell their soul, isn't because Trump is pushing for their legislation. More they're afraid he'll rip the party in 2, break off and form his own Republican party taking half of the party with him.

He can be a bit conspiracy theory (Seth that is), so don't really know if it has legs or not but could explain them sitting on their hands.
    Could well be, Steve Bannons stated aim is to put Repugs that are on his/breitbarts side up against conventional republicans, it's a lose - lose situation for repugs
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Has the result in Alabama shown how the American really feel? Discuss.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,974
    Fake news voters.
    (Possible response).
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160

Hopefully it shows they have realised the error of their ways or that moderates need to make their votes count. No doubt Don’s mate has been beaten due to fake news by lying CNN though and that it is very sad when a truly great man, one of the greatest he’s known, has lost out due to nasty lies.
  • pblakeney
    "Congratulations to Doug Jones on a hard fought victory. The write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win. The people of Alabama are great, and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!"

Victory? Really? :shock:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,655
    So 48% of Alabama voters are cool with a paedo as senator.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    To be fair it was a 40% turnout or thereabouts.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rick_chasey
    cooldad wrote:

Still 1 in 5 adults.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Still 1 in 5 adults.

You sound surprised. This is the 20% most stupid people and awful people in the state. You only have to look at pro Brexit threads on FB to see that there are a lot of people like that about.

Of course, the same people, were Moore not their political candidate, would be screaming "burn him, burn him" before he went to trial.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rick_chasey
    Rolf F wrote:
    Still 1 in 5 adults.

You sound surprised. This is the 20% most stupid people and awful people in the state. You only have to look at pro Brexit threads on FB to see that there are a lot of people like that about.

Of course, the same people, were Moore not their political candidate, would be screaming "burn him, burn him" before he went to trial.

Not surprised.

Just like to remind people of the context of the result. In case they forget.

That's the back drop to a lot of the stuff you see in the papers about people like Saville and Weinstein.

A lot of people don't think that stuff is all that bad, they just don't say it out loud.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,092
    So 48% of Alabama voters are cool with a paedo as senator.
    I think it's that they rate being a liberal and a Democrat as greater sins. And/or they have been convinced that all the allegations are untrue. The lack of perspective is pretty staggering.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rolf_f
    Rolf F wrote:
    Still 1 in 5 adults.

Not surprised.

Just like to remind people of the context of the result. In case they forget.

That's the back drop to a lot of the stuff you see in the papers about people like Saville and Weinstein.

A lot of people don't think that stuff is all that bad, they just don't say it out loud.

Maybe it is just inertia - a refusal to believe (genuinely) in the evidence; a court case might make all the difference. Moore was expected to win but he didn't. Hopefully this will help the spotlight to fall back on Trump and any other questionable US politicians. As long as the guilty get punished then I think we should be happy with that. There will always be a large minority of people with truly horrible standards whose minds will never be changed and this is just something to remind us of how large that minority could be.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:

Still 1 in 5 adults.

Yep. Deplorables.

Was apparently a 30/70 vote white voters and 2/98 black. For obvious reasons.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Pross wrote:
    ...it is very sad when a truly great man, one of the greatest he’s known, has lost out due to nasty lies.
    I expect it may start like that, but the Dotard doesn't like losers so pretty soon he will get the blame and be disowned.
  • bianchimoon
    The turnout and result in Alabama is influenced somewhat in that Alabama has some of the strictest voter registration laws, making it difficult or putting obstacles in the way of registering ie driver license ID is the main way to be registered and although he US government passed a law to provide free state photo id, the Alabama republicans closed a lot of these offices down many in counties with a higher black population saying not enough money to keep them open. Just another way the Repugs have controlled Alabama, which makes Jones victory even sweeter.
  • bianchimoon
    No,Alabama is a special case in the US, if it had been just about any other republican than Roy Moore they would have won hands down, this was a vote against Roy Moore the man and his reputation, not what he stands for
  • The turnout and result in Alabama is influenced somewhat in that Alabama has some of the strictest voter registration laws, making it difficult or putting obstacles in the way of registering ie driver license ID is the main way to be registered and although he US government passed a law to provide free state photo id, the Alabama republicans closed a lot of these offices down many in counties with a higher black population saying not enough money to keep them open. Just another way the Repugs have controlled Alabama, which makes Jones victory even sweeter.

Also the reports that police were attending and checking at some for outstanding warrants etc. Nothing concrete on this.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • pblakeney
    Democrats never expected to have a chance in Alabama, where they had not won a U.S. Senate race in 25 years. But the combination of Trump’s unpopularity, the sexual misconduct allegations that erupted against Moore in November, and Trump's enthusiastic support of him anyway gave them the opportunity, experts said.

“Trump was the one who got Jones within firing range, and Moore allowed Jones to win,” said Kyle Kondik, a political analyst at the University of Virginia.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • bianchimoon
    The role Steve Bannon played in having Roy Moore as the candidate mustn't be underestimated. His stated aim is to have more 'Roy Moore' type candidates to take on Republican incumbents in races to come
  • rick_chasey
    650,000 votes for Moore.
  • Matthewfalle
    650,000 votes for Moore.
    T
    Out of how many total?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rick_chasey
    650,000 votes for Moore.
    T
    Out of how many total?

Think you can work that one out mate, with your outstanding skillz you've showed in the past.
  • Anyone other than Moore who held the same views as Moore would have won. The only redeeming feature of the Bannon/Trump wing of the Republicans is their unending capacity to make stupid decisions.
  • Matthewfalle
    650,000 votes for Moore.
    T
    Out of how many total?

Think you can work that one out mate, with your outstanding skillz you've showed in the past.

So you don't know and are just posting numbers to show you're trendily anti US?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    ED-Op in USA Today (Trump"not fit to clean the toilets: at the Obama institute library) :D

and Trumps latest tweet
    The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!
    Me i'm always right aren't I, me even when i'm wrong i'm right aren't I.. me..me..me...
  • rick_chasey
    650,000 votes for Moore.
    T
    Out of how many total?

Well, given the perctange vote is widely reported at 48.4% for Moore, we can easily work out, with (650000/48.4)*100, which gives you roughly 1.34 million.
  • rolf_f
    650,000 votes for Moore.
    T
    Out of how many total?

He might just feel he doesn't need to know the actual numbers. The winning margin was 1.5% so if it matters to you you can work the total number out easily enough but it doesn't really add anything new.
  • Rolf F wrote:
    650,000 votes for Moore.
    T
    Out of how many total?

He might just feel he doesn't need to know the actual numbers. The winning margin was 1.5% so if it matters to you you can work the total number out easily enough but it doesn't really add anything new.

There was the write in number as well.
  • bianchimoon
    Roy Moore still aint conceded, he's "leaving it up to god" :D