Donald Trump

Comments

• wiznaeme
    wiznaeme Posts: 238
    Time magazine are commenting this week that Trump has now declared that the recording of him suggesting that men should sexually assault women is ‘fake news’. I thought he had been told off by his wife and that he had never denied the story.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,397
    Don't know if anyone saw Question Time last night (or, indeed, if anyone knew this before) but there was an American lady on there (Kate Andrews of the Institute of Economic Affairs) who was aked about the wisdom of Trump's Jerusalem statement.

She said that the movement of the embassy and recognition of Jerusalem as the capital had been US policy for many years but that successive US presidents had simply kept signing some kind of deferral rather than make the declaration. Apparently as recently as June, senate voted by 90 to zero in favour of it again.

The lady in question said that her "default position" was to disagree with everything Trump says or does but on this occasion he was simply enacting a long standing US policy.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    laurentian wrote:
    Don't know if anyone saw Question Time last night (or, indeed, if anyone knew this before) but there was an American lady on there (Kate Andrews of the Institute of Economic Affairs) who was aked about the wisdom of Trump's Jerusalem statement.

She said that the movement of the embassy and recognition of Jerusalem as the capital had been US policy for many years but that successive US presidents had simply kept signing some kind of deferral rather than make the declaration. Apparently as recently as June, senate voted by 90 to zero in favour of it again.

The lady in question said that her "default position" was to disagree with everything Trump says or does but on this occasion he was simply enacting a long standing US policy.
    It has been a long standing policy, but successive Presidents have refused to implement it because of the repercussions from the Arab world while they have been trying to solve the Middle East Problem, Trump has decided pandering to his 'base' supporters is more important than the big picture
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    As above - a 'long standing US policy' which has been deferred by every president in the last 27 years. Trump was not so much 'enacting foreign policy' as pandering to pro-Israeli right wingers in his own base, including one of his major campaign funders. Let's not pretend this is anything other than a self-serving act.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    He's basically done it so he can say to his base - "I've done what I said I'd do".

He literally couldn't give a f*ck if this causes deaths....which is why people should be scared that things in Korea could escalate when the noose tightens re. Russia.
  • bianchimoon
    and indeed just reported that a protester about the decision just been shot dead by the israelis... Sleep well Trump!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Dinyull wrote:
    He's basically done it so he can say to his base - "I've done what I said I'd do".

He literally couldn't give a f*ck if this causes deaths....which is why people should be scared that things in Korea could escalate when the noose tightens re. Russia.

Well said.

And actually a lot more people than him don't care if there are deaths in Palestine as a result of this, West Bank, Gaza, Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,737
    So how's all this 'support the Jews' schtick going down with his core white supremacist nazi supporters then?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,459
    orraloon wrote:
    So how's all this 'support the Jews' schtick going down with his core white supremacist nazi supporters then?

I guess he hadn't figured that in his popularity ratings.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Is it just me or did more people turn up for Johnny Halliday's funeral than did for Dotard's inauguration?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Dinyull wrote:

This exactly - at his next rally he can say that he's done the Jerusalem thing, the tax thing, the stopping people from certain countries thing and it's only the FAKE NEWS stopping him from the wall and the pussy grabbing tape never happened.......

Cements his support amongst his voting central and is undeniable that he has done it.

Tactically very clever, morally abhorrent.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,893
    Is it just me or did more people turn up for Johnny Halliday's funeral than did for Dotard's inauguration?
    Well, I know people who were at the Johnny Haliday funeral so on a personal basis, yes.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Well, I know people who were at the Johnny Haliday funeral so on a personal basis, yes.

[Edit: Johnny Hallyday]

Did they go to the right funeral?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,893
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Excuse me typing whilst pissed, but yes they did.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Excuse me typing whilst pissed, but yes they did.

I've ordered you a Christmas present:

4896e855f5ffd265f35176d0791b05ad.jpg
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,083
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Excuse me typing whilsht pished, but yesh they did.
    FTFY, given Trump's 'dry throat' problem.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,801

It must be you, the inaugeration had the biggest turnout of anything ever in the history of humans all coming to worship the greatest President and person the has ever been and ever will be. It sounds like you've been taken in by lying Hillary's fake news.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    orraloon wrote:

Some of Trump's pro-Israeli/christian fundamentalist lobby make the white supremacist thugs look like liberals...
  • bianchimoon
    A terror attack happens in NY and Trumps first tweet after it is
    Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
    @realDonaldTrump
    Another false story, this time in the Failing @nytimes, that I watch 4-8 hours of television a day - Wrong! Also, I seldom, if ever, watch CNN or MSNBC, both of which I consider Fake News. I never watch Don Lemon, who I once called the “dumbest man on television!” Bad Reporting.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited December 2017
    Pross wrote:

It must be you, the inaugeration had the biggest turnout of anything ever in the history of humans all coming to worship the greatest President and person the has ever been and ever will be. It sounds like you've been taken in by lying Hillary's fake news.

Ah - thought so. Again, for the second time in two days I must apologize for my badmin and spreading FAKE NEWS about our esteemed leader, Herr Dotard. Please excuse me while I go and do some press ups in the mud.

I blame CROOKED HILLARY.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Lock her up! Lock her up!
  • pinno
    He might be called to testify against a sexual harassment claim. Let's see if the judge in NY agrees.

I don't care wot gets him as long as it gets him.
  • cowsham
    cowsham Posts: 1,399
    I hear trump wants to go to the moon -- well he is wired to it -- hope they leave him there!
  • bianchimoon
    Lest we forget, this is one of the latest tweets from the president of the United States of America
    Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!
    The lower the bar is, the lower he goes :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,364
    At what point would we be surprised by something he did? Sexual harassment doesn't really seem to be in doubt considering what he's been recorded saying. Would a rape charge be that much of a surprise? Use of extreme violence or murder would surprise me. not much else though.
    We've all witnessed the election of the Dotard and everything that happened along the way. But I still ask myself "how on earth did we get to this?"
  • bianchimoon
    Veronese68 wrote:
    At what point would we be surprised by something he did? Sexual harassment doesn't really seem to be in doubt considering what he's been recorded saying. Would a rape charge be that much of a surprise? Use of extreme violence or murder would surprise me. not much else though.
    We've all witnessed the election of the Dotard and everything that happened along the way. But I still ask myself "how on earth did we get to this?"
    I guess we got to this simply because people are dissatisfied with politicians, try something new/different.Hopefully next time it'll "be better the devil you know", if only people thought of the consequences before they show their dissatisfaction
  • bianchimoon
    tonights Alabama election is the next big test, doubt they will vote democrat, but will be interesting to see how tight it is between the dotard mini me and democrat
  • dinyull
    Good job no one respects women more than Trump.
  • bianchimoon
    Dinyull wrote:
    Good job no one respects women more than Trump.
    I know, Republicans have (apart from a notable few) sold their souls
    "begging", "would do anything for them" he is beyond contemptible, but the enablers surrounding him will hopefully be brought to account in the years to come
  • dinyull
    Going back to Seth Abramson

He seems to think the reason the Rep's are willing to sell their soul, isn't because Trump is pushing for their legislation. More they're afraid he'll rip the party in 2, break off and form his own Republican party taking half of the party with him.

He can be a bit conspiracy theory (Seth that is), so don't really know if it has legs or not but could explain them sitting on their hands.