Donald Trump

Comments

• It's interesting timing. Ban interlocutory injunctions removed, announcement (which will enrage) made.

What does this relate to?

The Supreme Court setting aside the travel ban.

I thought the travel ban was for a few months to allow new vetting procedures to be put in place. Haven't they already put those in place yet given it's been the best part of a year?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    FishFish wrote:
    Fantastic news about getting the country of origin ban put in place by the supreme court exactly as the electorate wanted and fantastic news about the tax reforms as promised. Your british pm cannot seem to get anything right. Maybe she should learn from The President.

Actually not surprised that the Great Professors have not celebrated these events on this thread.

That as maybe but hes still a cuhhnnt.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    I liked the comment on the BBC News article online:
    "An expected announcement by President Donald Trump ... prompted global reaction ranging from concern to alarm"

A good spread of reactions then.
  • Time's Person(s) of the Year is fascinating. I wonder how Donald feels about coming 2nd to them?
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Time's Person(s) of the Year is fascinating. I wonder how Donald feels about coming 2nd to them?

At least we know now why they wanted an interview with him about it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Time's Person(s) of the Year is fascinating. I wonder how Donald feels about coming 2nd to them?

At least we know now why they wanted an interview with him about it.
    :lol:
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Trumps speech re the Israel embassy and peace in the middle east, it was like an eleven year olds solution to the middle east problem, absolutely totally ******* embarrassment to humanity.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    UNLESS!!! and i doubt it, Trump has given the israelis that carrot before he threatens them with a stick to concede land to the palestinians?

Nah.. i 'm dreaming
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,973
    Trumps speech re the Israel embassy and peace in the middle east, it was like an eleven year olds solution to the middle east problem, absolutely totally ******* embarrassment to humanity.
    Never has this phrase been so appropriate.
    Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    and did you notice his speech at the end he was slurring his words, very noticeably!
  • Didn't see it. Slurring like drunk or like stroke or similar?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Didn't see it. Slurring like drunk or like stroke or similar?

Dementia?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • bianchimoon

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/06/donald-tr ... d-7138575/
    I wouldn't wish ill on any man :shock:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    Maybe the CIA are poisoning him!
  • pinno
    Pross wrote:
    Maybe the CIA are poisoning him!
    Are they making sure he only does sound bite short speeches for multiple reasons?
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    56114176fb04bbda48f1218ae74014c9--the-tower-donald-trump.jpg
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • It might seem daft but it sounds to me like he's got dentures that don't fit properly. I have seen elderly people in homes who have dentures that either fall out when talking or nearly fall out. They all seem to sound like they've got a slurring speech. Some also breathe a bit heavier than when they've got his fitting dentures.

It might not be this but he's of an age where teeth are often false teeth (nearly typed fake teeth). If he's damaged his best set he might be wearing old ones. Gums do shrink back making old, well fitting dentures become loose. Old set might be like that.

Just an idea. Probably one Trump's vanity wouldn't allow anyone to admit to. He'd probably even prefer being thought of as drunk or dementia than false teeth falling out.
  • pinno
    ''Ere Donny, put yer teef in mate, we caan understand ya".

#smoothtalkingcockneygeezer
  • bianchimoon
    Hmm dunno, probably had the best dental treatment throughout his life, mind wouldn’t be surprised if his teeth have rejected that mouth :D
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Hmm dunno, probably had the best dental treatment throughout his life, mind wouldn’t be surprised if his teeth have rejected that mouth :D

Naah, it's just that even his teeth realised this was a truly terrible idea and were just trying to stop him from saying it.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,973

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/06/donald-tr ... d-7138575/
    I wouldn't wish ill on any man :shock:
    Sean Connery did his best work in his latest role until the last few seconds.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • To be honest, it sounds like someone has played around with the equalizers.

On the BBC clip of this, there is no slurring.
  • bianchimoon
    Lookyhere wrote:
    To be honest, it sounds like someone has played around with the equalizers.

On the BBC clip of this, there is no slurring.

hmm, i watched live on CNN and even the panel in the newsroom brought up the slurring?
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/06/healt ... index.html
  • You can buy good dental treatment and still get badly fitting dentures. Gums shrink they no longer stay in right. Doesn't have to move much to have an effect.

Besides, imagine a possible scenario where he's damaged his dentures eating a peach say. It's just before the speech. Out comes old pair from a year ago but they were replaced because they didn't fit perfectly. Loose dentures result.

Not saying it is but it's feasible and funny too. In a way it's OK to ridicule Trump for loose false teeth (but nobody else). It's another thing to use against him in humour. You have the orange, the hairpiece (allegedly) and now the possibility of fake teeth. I mean POTUS always have an air of status. If you can ridicule them they lose a bit of that. Everything we can use against him is hair game.
  • Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    1000s died in the last uprising in Palestine, i said a while back TMay showed poor judgement jumping into bed with Trump but he has exceeded my wildest fears.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12 ... -decision/

A trade deal with the US whilst he is in charge... forget it, the guy is insane.
  • mamba80 wrote:
    1000s died in the last uprising in Palestine, i said a while back TMay showed poor judgement jumping into bed with Trump but he has exceeded my wildest fears.

A trade deal with the US whilst he is in charge... forget it, the guy is insane.

A trade deal is very doable - thinking you will get a good trade deal is insane
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    mamba80 wrote:

A trade deal is very doable - thinking you will get a good trade deal is insane

yeah but we ve that covered, remember "no deal is better than a bad deal" :lol::lol::lol:
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    You can buy good dental treatment and still get badly fitting dentures. Gums shrink they no longer stay in right. Doesn't have to move much to have an effect.

Besides, imagine a possible scenario where he's damaged his dentures eating a peach say. It's just before the speech. Out comes old pair from a year ago but they were replaced because they didn't fit perfectly. Loose dentures result.

Not saying it is but it's feasible and funny too. In a way it's OK to ridicule Trump for loose false teeth (but nobody else). It's another thing to use against him in humour. You have the orange, the hairpiece (allegedly) and now the possibility of fake teeth. I mean POTUS always have an air of status. If you can ridicule them they lose a bit of that. Everything we can use against him is hair game.

For an unrelated forum, we should actually have a hell of lot of insight into this dentures stuff on here, we've got it well and truly covered from both the old fogies angle and from dentists.
  • pinno
    mfin wrote:
    You can buy good dental treatment and still get badly fitting dentures. Gums shrink they no longer stay in right. Doesn't have to move much to have an effect.

For an unrelated forum, we should actually have a hell of lot of insight into this dentures stuff on here, we've got it well and truly covered from both the old fogies angle and from dentists.

Whatsh yer shayin' like?!