Donald Trump

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    So he is a tw@t then?
    I don't think I'd pin my reasoning for thinking he's a tw@t on a misguided excise type tax, there are enough other reasons.

But as a tax policy it sucks from the free trade perspective and in terms of restricting freedom to put functions in the optimal location. Could be a big project for me on the work front...

Ah I see, your only concern is having to get your head around new rules.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    So he is a tw@t then?
    I don't think I'd pin my reasoning for thinking he's a tw@t on a misguided excise type tax, there are enough other reasons.

But as a tax policy it sucks from the free trade perspective and in terms of restricting freedom to put functions in the optimal location. Could be a big project for me on the work front...

Ah I see, your only concern is having to get your head around new rules.
    Nope, issues on principle and in practice.

There will be more to it than just understanding the rules, it'll be a case of putting a workable solution in place. I'm a delivery, not a messenger boy :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    Pinno wrote:
    So he is a tw@t then?
    Yes. He is.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Rumours are Trump admin are preparing for and considering a preventative attack on North Korea....

https://twitter.com/JohnSimpsonNews/sta ... 7755222016
    US nat security adviser McMaster says there's not much time left to prevent war with N Korea. I've got a nasty feeling it might happen...
  • Pinno wrote:
    Anyway, Back OT:

Perhaps these tax reforms are simply his way of lacing the track for his own personal business future when he ain't the president no more (and stuff the country).

Perhaps?!?! You think he's done ANYTHING in the White House that isn't for his own benefit?

Having said that it's difficult to see whether tax reforms are of benefit to him when he still hasn't made his tax returns available.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • He appears to have just tweeted that he knew about Flynn's lies and, ergo, has obstructed justice.

Apparently it was his lawyer. Because (to paraphrase The Secret Barrister) lawyers are well known for finding ways to incriminate their clients and then using their personal twitter accounts to let the world know about their offences.

The cover ups going on here are just astounding. And what's more astounding is that his core electorate still thinks he's a man of the people and not even more bent than the political elite that they were desperate to oust!
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Again lifted from Another place :D

2611ahg.jpg
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    He appears to have just tweeted that he knew about Flynn's lies and, ergo, has obstructed justice.

Apparently it was his lawyer. Because (to paraphrase The Secret Barrister) lawyers are well known for finding ways to incriminate their clients and then using their personal twitter accounts to let the world know about their offences.

The cover ups going on here are just astounding. And what's more astounding is that his core electorate still thinks he's a man of the people and not even more bent than the political elite that they were desperate to oust!

what's even more unbelievable is that when asked about it the lawyer said "Yes it was me me not POTUS who sent the tweet, when asked how many times he’d tweeted for trump he said ‘just the once’ :D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    I would be tempted if I was a lawyer to take the brief for him and then spend most of my days doing as bad a job as possible of defending him. When I say bad I mean trying to get him jailed. I mean after trump there will be people who will hire you just for this jolly jape alone.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    john80 wrote:
    I would be tempted if I was a lawyer to take the brief for him and then spend most of my days doing as bad a job as possible of defending him. When I say bad I mean trying to get him jailed. I mean after trump there will be people who will hire you just for this jolly jape alone.

You'd get disbarred, unable to practice.

Which is what should be happening to Dowd.
  • dinyull
    Anyone interested in the Trump legal shiz should give Seth Abramson a follow on twatter.

Really in depth analysis, and it would seem Kushner, Don Jr and Pence and/or Trump are in serious jeopardy.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor
  • Has anything come out yet that shows any collusion before election night? While it might be technically illegal, I can't get over excited about a president elect or his team making contact with foreign governments before being sworn in.

It is entertaining to see tweets from before the election like the one from Sarah Sanders 3rd Nov 2016: "When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing."
  • Dinyull wrote:
    Anyone interested in the Trump legal shiz should give Seth Abramson a follow on twatter.

Really in depth analysis, and it would seem Kushner, Don Jr and Pence and/or Trump are in serious jeopardy.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor

Been following him for a while. It's fascinating to read and understand and it also sheds a whole new light on why all these people are trying to take the rap for him.
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • When they make the film:
    who will play who?
    Will it be a comedy or mockumentary?
    Will we get a robert redford look-alike as reporter?
  • I suspect Aaron Sorkin will be keen to make the film.

The problem is going to be that it will appear to be so impossibly unbelievable!
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Dinyull wrote:
    john80 wrote:

OK I would tread the fine line between being disbarred and doing a bad job. Given the number of legal battles he has lost over the years I am assuming a good few have taken this approach or cases guaranteed to fail.
  • pblakeney
    I suspect Aaron Sorkin will be keen to make the film.

The problem is going to be that it will appear to be so impossibly unbelievable!
    I have heard reports about how good the film Stalin is, so maybe?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • dinyull
    john80 wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:
    john80 wrote:

OK I would tread the fine line between being disbarred and doing a bad job. Given the number of legal battles he has lost over the years I am assuming a good few have taken this approach or cases guaranteed to fail.

My point was, his current team are doing as badly as they can.

And to be fair to them, there isn't a legal team on the planet that could keep him from putting his foot in it. It's not their fault he doesn't allow them to do their job.
  • pblakeney
    An imagined conversation between Trump and his lawyers.
    "Can I tweet this?"
    "We would advise against it.'
    "Too late."
    "That will be very damaging to you, and your reputation."
    "Why did you tweet it then?"
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    An imagined conversation between Trump and his lawyers.
    "Can I tweet this?"
    "We would advise against it.'
    "Too late."
    "That will be very damaging to you, and your reputation."
    "Why did you tweet it then?"

It's like a reverse Siobhan Sharpe from W1A.
  • Dinyull wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:
    john80 wrote:

My point was, his current team are doing as badly as they can.

And to be fair to them, there isn't a legal team on the planet that could keep him from putting his foot in it. It's not their fault he doesn't allow them to do their job.

Scuttlebut is that he secretes phones around the West Wing so he can tweet even if he has a phone removed.

FWIW, I don't actually believe that Trump would allow anyone to remove his phone.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • bianchimoon
    Putins spokesperson, just called Flynn's allegations absurd, as they would, but since the american publics default view on the Russkis is that they are lying commies, does that help or hinder Dump?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • New twitter rumour now that Comey had his own phone tapped last year and has all the recordings. Appears to be some confirmation as a NY Court ruling confirms that an unnamed witness sought such an order. Conjecture at the moment. Would back up Comey's Lordy I hope there are tapes.......
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • dinyull
    Putins spokesperson, just called Flynn's allegations absurd, as they would, but since the american publics default view on the Russkis is that they are lying commies, does that help or hinder Dump?

The default commie view seems to have swung 180 if trumps twattarazzi is anything to go by. Which is an amazing turn of events in itself.
  • pblakeney
    Dinyull wrote:

The default commie view seems to have swung 180 if trumps twattarazzi is anything to go by. Which is an amazing turn of events in itself.
    America's strongest ally is Russia?
    Strange days indeed.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152

Can anyone actually condemn an article of such profundity as this? This is an amazing insight:, balanced, articulate and verifiable. This is what should be taught by professors of international relations. Not the rubbish that comes out of the Russell Group.

Thankyou sir. This is truly the equal of that other bastion of Phillosophy - the Daily Musings Thread.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • bianchimoon
    Ahh the return of the FishBot, yawn :roll:
  • You just can't take a compliment.
  • bianchimoon
    You just can't take a compliment.
    :D:D
  • Oh dear. Always look after people on your way up......

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/06/06/why-no-lawyers-will-represent-trump/
    Allround - Cotic Solaris