Are sky clean or not?

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I've noticed Ross seems to be taking a different tact now. It's only people who believe Sky who think power proves anything. He's built his case on the very solid foundation of whats happened in the past will happen again.

I think Rich's theory that some of these people missed out on Armstrong or Festina and are desperate to experience it.

Ross Tucker says he's 90% convinced Froome is doping. He's a charlatan and makes me laugh.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    It is disgraceful the abuse Froome is receiving from the media, pundits and so called cycling 'fans', non of it based on any form of proof whatsoever. What a horrible self centred world we have become.....
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Macaloon
    If anyone is interested in a more objective numbers-based approach, seek Alex Simmons postings in The Other Place.
    Then there are those relying on Gesink's and Ten Dam's data, yet they are from new meters (Pioneer) with very limited verification of accuracy. In a recent test by DC Rainmaker they were reporting substantially different numbers to other meters, e.g. differences of 9-12% on road rides to a Garmin Vector! Now the Pioneer might have been on the money, or it may not. But anyone worth their salt should be checking this sort of stuff before taking it at face value

The models might be more accurate than the instruments. Says it all.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    So Sky/Froome are ony under the microscope because they are so "Dominant" in this Tour? So far Froome has taken ONE MINUTE out of Quintana on a mountain top finish.

Movistar have riders placed 2nd and 3d and the guy in 3d place, who seems to be doing a lot of attacking, is 36 years old and a convicted doper, but no problems with that for the press and the conspiracy theorists.

Lets face it, its an attack on Sky, for whatever reason. Rosbif's doing things differently? We cant have that in cycling. :lol:
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    I've noticed Ross seems to be taking a different tact now. It's only people who believe Sky who think power proves anything. He's built his case on the very solid foundation of whats happened in the past will happen again.

I think Rich's theory that some of these people missed out on Armstrong or Festina and are desperate to experience it.

Ross Tucker says he's 90% convinced Froome is doping. He's a charlatan and makes me laugh.

Where does Tucker say that ?
  • Macaloon

Where does Tucker say that ?

Pretty sure it was on Twitter. There may be a link earlier in this thread if you search my posts. Otherwise I'll have a look next time I need to knock the euphoria down a notch.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Seems to me more like the other 'contenders' are struggling more than Froome/Sky flying. Nibali in particular just doesnt look to be on form at the moment. I think the lead Froome was able to pull early on surprised him and the team as much as anyone else. The others just werent properly in the game at that stage. Quintana seems to have come back into form later on but the damage already done by then. The others have just accepted it is lost and are focussed on making the best of a bad job and scoring positions rather than truly going for the win.

We all have off days and pro riders do too, with an off day carrying forward for a few subsequent days as there is no respite. Just looks like it happened to a whole bunch of them together this year.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    So Sky/Froome are ony under the microscope because they are so "Dominant" in this Tour? So far Froome has taken ONE MINUTE out of Quintana on a mountain top finish.

Movistar have riders placed 2nd and 3d and the guy in 3d place, who seems to be doing a lot of attacking, is 36 years old and a convicted doper, but no problems with that for the press and the conspiracy theorists.

The default position is that Valverde is still doping scumbag. It needs no further elaboration.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited July 2015

The default position is that Valverde is still doping scumbag. It needs no further elaboration.
    But anyone who saw him beat Armstrong and Rasmussen up Corcheval in 2005 (with Basso, Ullrich and Landis already dropped) knows that he's not even close to being that rider now.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991

But anyone who saw him beat Armstrong and Rasmussen up Corcheval in 2005 knows that he's not even close to being that rider now.

give it time - I understand that it takes time for all the hair to grow back, it doesn't happen all at once
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    so if people are still saying Valverde is cheating, where does that put Quitana and Froome. Why would Movistar have one doped up rider getting away with it, if they can have two ?

Is Froome that much better he can beat two doped riders ? Are the doping gains just not what they used to be ?
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    so if people are still saying Valverde is cheating, where does that put Quitana and Froome. Why would Movistar have one doped up rider getting away with it, if they can have two ?

Is Froome that much better he can beat two doped riders ? Are the doping gains just not what they used to be ?[/quote

I am not saying he is doping, I am pointing out that he is 36 years old, in 3d place, and has doping form. Why are the journalists and the twitterati not asking questions about him rather than Froome who has an umblemished record? I am simply asking for even handedness. There has been more talk, even on BBC national news, about doping, during this Tour than in the other editions where there was a bust just prior to the Grande Depart.
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Will His Nibs face a barrage of questioning from the French media this evening after that long solo victory in the mountains today? Didn't he put more time into Quintana today than Froome did on the first mountain stage? Does he not ride for the team that is widely suspected to be the dirtiest in the peloton at the moment?

His Nibs had better batten down the hatches. He is truly in for it. Or is he???????

DD.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    edited July 2015
    Will His Nibs face a barrage of questioning from the French media this evening

oh I doubt it, JaJa was giving him a reach around on French TV earlier. :wink:
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Will His Nibs face a barrage of questioning from the French media this evening after that long solo victory in the mountains today? Didn't he put more time into Quintana today than Froome did on the first mountain stage? Does he not ride for the team that is widely suspected to be the dirtiest in the peloton at the moment?

His Nibs had better batten down the hatches. He is truly in for it. Or is he???????

DD.

FFS SPOILERS SHOULD BE IN THE F****NG SPOILER THREAD
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    After Froome and almost completely off topic, I wonder what the French will make of the fact that a non-French speaker from New Zealand has just won their national Scrabble championship?

http://qz.com/459634/a-non-french-speaker-just-won-the-french-scrabble-championship/
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    That Froome, and the whole team, consistently seem to tire over 3 weeks can only be a good sign IMNSO.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    What's the opinion of the other place and the Twitterati of Sky's showing today? No doubt they are struggling on purpose to pull the wool over our eyes :roll:
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    What's the opinion of the other place and the Twitterati of Sky's showing today? No doubt they are struggling on purpose to pull the wool over our eyes :roll:

Hardly a mention of it, just another few pages of how DB lies and Froome/Porte lying about being hit and having p*ss thrown because there no video of it.

For reference, the thread on Quintana is 6 pages long, the one on Movistar 27 pages long. The thread on Froome is 913 pages long and Sky 1706 pages long.

There's a thread about G, saying he's doped to the gills this year because he's been right up there. Only 4 posts on it after today's stage, and one of those says Sky must have backed off his doping today. :lol:

It's simple really, they hate Sky. It doesn't matter if anyone else dopes, but Sky pretend they are clean and lie about everything whilst being smugger than Lance about it.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002

Hardly a mention of it, just another few pages of how DB lies and Froome/Porte lying about being hit and having p*ss thrown because there no video of it.

For reference, the thread on Quintana is 6 pages long, the one on Movistar 27 pages long. The thread on Froome is 913 pages long and Sky 1706 pages long.

There's a thread about G, saying he's doped to the gills this year because he's been right up there. Only 4 posts on it after today's stage, and one of those says Sky must have backed off his doping today. :lol:

It's simple really, they hate Sky. It doesn't matter if anyone else dopes, but Sky pretend they are clean and lie about everything whilst being smugger than Lance about it.
    I like to have a read of the last few pages in their busiest (ie Sky-related) threads any time I'm bored. It's quite impressive how they're so absolutely wedded to the idea that Sky are doping. They just cannot get their heads around any other possible reality, so any inconvenient events like today where they don't perform well are just ignored or shoehorned into the existing theories somehow.
  • Macaloon

The numbers for Quintana are looking high so there's an all hands search for some wind, oval rings, drafting... anything to get the numbers down.

Funny as.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810

The numbers for Quintana are looking high so the search is one for some headwind, oval rings, drafting... anything to get the numbers down.

Funny as.
    Fecking morons. Back in the day they would be easily ignored but social media is such a platform these days that these people actually make it into the social conscience.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    The day after they checked Froome's bike for a motor. Coincidence?
  • Macaloon

The numbers for Quintana are looking high so the search is one for some headwind, oval rings, drafting... anything to get the numbers down.

Funny as.
    ******* morons. Back in the day they would be easily ignored but social media is such a platform these days that these people actually make it into the social conscience.

Interesting how powerful muppets like Vayer and Tucker can be. They're the only voices fit for media yet Sky feel they have to respond. Asymmetric rings indeed.

Edit: A regular drooler has just discovered that Quintana did 6.25 w/kg. In the 3rd week of the Tour. On obscure Alpe d'Huez. In the Tour. 2013.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Froome's time was only a few seconds faster than him and Pinot in 2012, and only 20 seconds faster than Perick Fedrigo a few years earlier. Hard to spin that. But they will.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Digger banging on about Newsnight pulling a peice by Kimmage and substituting one by Sayeed. It's a conspiracy, you see.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    After Froome and almost completely off topic, I wonder what the French will make of the fact that a non-French speaker from New Zealand has just won their national Scrabble championship?

http://qz.com/459634/a-non-french-speaker-just-won-the-french-scrabble-championship/

Oi! Spoilers - I was just about to settle down and watch the highlights!

Ok, so I wasn't, but it doesn't surprise me - the guy who did it is a pretty impressive Scrabble player in the Anglophone world, and top-level Scrabble is more about managing probabilities, rack rotation, and learning combinations of letters without any regard for what the heck they actually mean. Given the reduced lexicon in French (compared to English) and more regularised spellings - both thanks to the Académie - it's probably a pretty sensible language to attempt it in. Still very impressive though.
  • Macaloon
    Digger banging on about Newsnight pulling a peice by Kimmage and substituting one by Sayeed. It's a conspiracy, you see.

The beautiful thing is that an intern researcher, doing ass-covering background on Kimmage, probably came across Digger's cesspit of a timeline, and reported that a less controversial figure than Kimmage may be more balanced. Their strident zoomerism stands out a mile if you're not deep in the sport.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

Oi! Spoilers - I was just about to settle down and watch the highlights!

Ok, so I wasn't, but it doesn't surprise me - the guy who did it is a pretty impressive Scrabble player in the Anglophone world, and top-level Scrabble is more about managing probabilities, rack rotation, and learning combinations of letters without any regard for what the heck they actually mean. Given the reduced lexicon in French (compared to English) and more regularised spellings - both thanks to the Académie - it's probably a pretty sensible language to attempt it in. Still very impressive though.

No, no, no, you haven't understood this at all. Kiwis are all just mind-doped* to their tail feathers or something.

*This may include doped on wine.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Zoomerism is my new favourite word. They"ll discover that Sayeed writes for the Times and he'll be condemned to burn for all eternity along with Walsh. Sayeed is no fan of cycling as it happens, something to do with Wiff-Waff not getting much lottery money.