Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,397
    ASO certainly kept it very quiet...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    45 is not incorrect, it's all listed on procycling stats.

Can someone tell me how you mute someone, a feature I never knew existed!

I'm almost tempted to stick some cash on TJ beating Contador.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,397
    User control panel/ friends & foes add his name to foes

I wouldnt stoop to that level though.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,340
    45 is not incorrect, it's all listed on procycling stats.

Can someone tell me how you mute someone, a feature I never knew existed!

I'm almost tempted to stick some cash on TJ beating Contador.

Click on the username, click "Add Foe".

Pretty useless really though, as you'll see what they post whenever anyone quotes them, which is pretty much all the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • okgo
    True, when you go out of your way to post guff then its gunna get highlighted on here by others :D
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I am using cycling quotient numbers.

Regardless which one you use, Froome is significantly more rested.

Fatigue will catch up with them all and consistency will pay.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    i-w8K25cf.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • okgo
    I think you're being too binary.

Rolling around a flat stage in the tour is not difficult, Dowsett got round one the other day with 200w which is in the recovery zone for a pro... its probably actually easier in some of the flat stages than going out on a solid training day (which I am sure Froome has been doing while they were doing Giro). So race days do not tell a full story IMO, fair enough in the shorter races and the classics there are more days where you're riding, but in a grand tour certainly there will have been a few days where Contador would have been towed round and barely been out of breath.
  • How many times did Sherwin say 'The thing is, Phil, this team time trial is ALL about the last two kilometres...'.
    HOW MANY TIMES?? Seven, eight, nine maybe!?
    What a f * cking idiot.
    Don’t you think this is a slight overreaction?

Honestly, if the various commentators are bad, the meta-commentary is infinitely worse.

Yeah but I haven't said it nine times.
    Yet.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    How many times did Sherwin say 'The thing is, Phil, this team time trial is ALL about the last two kilometres...'.
    HOW MANY TIMES?? Seven, eight, nine maybe!?
    What a f * cking idiot.

I have to agree with this. I am currently in Australia and have the (mis)fortune of having to listen to Phil and Paul on SBS.. I honestly got sick of Paul going on about the last two kms every few minutes. he must have said it at least 8 times. Also, the way he was saying it was almost in a manner that was to contradict Phil - "I told you Phil, its the last 2 kms"

Also, the other day I heard something unusual - Phil correcting Paul in a bit of a snippy way. Paul was saying "the neutral cars will be pulled out once the gap is down to 30second", and which point you can hear Phil snap "20" ....

I wonder if there is friction...

I know I know ... all very petty
    www.dotcycling.com
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,746

Rolling around a flat stage in the tour is not difficult, Dowsett got round one the other day with 200w which is in the recovery zone for a pro... its probably actually easier in some of the flat stages than going out on a solid training day (which I am sure Froome has been doing while they were doing Giro). So race days do not tell a full story IMO, fair enough in the shorter races and the classics there are more days where you're riding, but in a grand tour certainly there will have been a few days where Contador would have been towed round and barely been out of breath.

Well I've never ridden the Tour and we could all roll round at 200 watts for 5 hours - well any half decent club racer anyway - but everything you read from the pros suggests flat stages of the Tour are far from easy days. Froome tweeted last week that a flat stage had been exhausting because of the nature of the racing.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • robnewcastle
    robnewcastle Posts: 241

Wiggins talks about exactly this in his book.
  • okgo

Well I've never ridden the Tour and we could all roll round at 200 watts for 5 hours - well any half decent club racer anyway - but everything you read from the pros suggests flat stages of the Tour are far from easy days. Froome tweeted last week that a flat stage had been exhausting because of the nature of the racing.

I think the first week of the tour is famously more manic (read mental exhaustion vs physical..) than something like the Giro.

The point was I suppose that as a sport it has moved on perhaps from measuring workload in pure race days given how much the teams know about training and training load now.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    I am using cycling quotient numbers.

Regardless which one you use, Froome is significantly more rested.

Fatigue will catch up with them all and consistency will pay.

Following that logic Froome will be less fatigued.

As for posting a photo with spot-colour. Just say no.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • frenchfighter
    original.jpg
    :roll:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    I think their bars were 3D printed? Money no object for this team.
    Froome%20bars%20%20-%202.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,655
    Indeed. Better to spend it on Sagan instead...
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Some of my photos from the stage. Seems a very long time ago!

19738083339_0bb92bf91c_k.jpg

19736743600_0f1aa8f5d9_k.jpg

19917186362_a72930f195_k.jpg

19917171392_e9d2131b20_k.jpg

19924717395_67a12869c3_k.jpg
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Nice to see photos someone's taken themselves :)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Love the Garmindale shot showing the leaning into the corner varying from front to back of the team
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Cheers guys. :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Those Cannodales are hideous.