TdF 2015 Stage 9 TTT Vannes to Plumelec **SPOILERS**

imatfaal
imatfaal Posts: 2,716
edited July 2015 in Pro race
2014102213_Vannes_1_CR_SCollet-p.jpg

PROFIL.png

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

Top 10 Results of TTT from Giro (17.6km fairly flat)
# Rider Name (Country) Team Result
1 Orica GreenEdge 0:19:26
2 Tinkoff-Saxo 0:00:07
3 Astana Pro Team 0:00:13
4 Etixx - Quick-Step 0:00:19
5 Movistar Team 0:00:21
6 BMC Racing Team 0:00:25
7 IAM Cycling same
8 FDJ.fr 0:00:26
9 Team Sky 0:00:27
10 Team Katusha same

Top 10 Results of TTT from Dauphine Libere (24.5km )
1) BMC Racing (USA) – 29.58hrs
2) Astana (KAZ) +4”
3) Movistar (ESP) +5”
4) Etixx-QuickStep (BEL) +18”
5) Orica-GreenEDGE (AUS) +23”
6) Team Sky (GBR) +35”
7) Team Cannondale-Garmin (USA) +43”
8 ) Lampre-Merida (ITA) +47”
9) IAM Cycling (SUI) +50”
10) LottoNL-Jumbo (NED) +54”

Orica team with fewest riders (6) - all five GCers have full 9 left.

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    uhhhhh my man (and top 3 hopeful) Uran Uran doesn't have a full team....
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Dowsett's bike mod for tomorrow

https://instagram.com/p/5ATHSAJ3JQ/
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Just over a mile of proper hill at the end is going to require superb team tactics; cannot go too slow on the first 26km - but use too much energy and the time lost on the hill by the fifth weakest rider could be enough to lose the tour.

If I have it correct Team Sky will be last to set off, with everyone else in reverse order of the current team classification.

ORICA GREENEDGE
    BRETAGNE - SECHE ENVIRONNEMENT
    LAMPRE - MERIDA
    FDJ
    TEAM EUROPCAR
    BORA-ARGON 18
    LOTTO-SOUDAL
    IIAM CYCLING
    MTN-QHUBEKA
    TEAM LOTTO NL - JUMBO
    TREK FACTORY RACING
    ASTANA PRO TEAM
    TEAM CANNONDALE-GARMIN
    COFIDIS, SOLUTIONS CREDITS
    TEAM KATUSHA
    MOVISTAR TEAM
    TEAM GIANT-ALPECIN
    AG2R LA MONDIALE
    ETIXX-QUICK STEP
    TINKOFF-SAXO
    BMC RACING TEAM
    TEAM SKY
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Will be interesting to see how well Sky go given their recent relatively disappointing TTTs. Wondering whether Froome has been aggressive to because he is feeling great, or because he is trying to gain a bit to limit losses in the TTT.

Willl they mind losing a few seconds to Tinkoff so that Sagan takes yellow (and have to ride for it)? Or would they be worried about giving up that time to Contador?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Will be interesting to see how well Sky go given their recent relatively disappointing TTTs. Wondering whether Froome has been aggressive to because he is feeling great, or because he is trying to gain a bit to limit losses in the TTT.

Willl they mind losing a few seconds to Tinkoff so that Sagan takes yellow (and have to ride for it)? Or would they be worried about giving up that time to Contador?

I suspect they'll be top 3 in this one. In an ideal world, maybe give the yellow to Teejay for a bit and then take it back off him at their leisure?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    edited July 2015
    Focus on the 5th rider...

Focus on the 4th rider...
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    What?!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    So, for Sky, do they let Stannard and Rowe do the lion's share early on, with a hand from G and Roche, and then just leave it to the five climbers at the end? There's a decent argument for burning the two of them off early, where they can contribute most.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    So, for Sky, do they let Stannard and Rowe do the lion's share early on, with a hand from G and Roche, and then just leave it to the five climbers at the end? There's a decent argument for burning the two of them off early, where they can contribute most.

They must have brought Rowe for something more than being frooms protection on the astana bus
  • JackPozzi

Yes, would think a lot of teams that still have flatland riders will be burning them in the first half tomorrow, with the mountain trains taking over in the 2nd half. Should be a pretty unpredictable TTT, can't wait!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Looking forward to this. I hope sky lose time to Movistar and Tinkoff.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • JackPozzi

And I hope they all just have fun
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810

So do I.

I want Froome to win, but more than that I want the race to be exciting, and Tinkoff and Movi taking time tomorrow helps that.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Should be interesting and possibly shake up the top 7 or so on GC. BMC hot favourites but all the GC teams should be OK. SKY have the advantage of going last but BMC, Astana and Tinkoff should be quicker. Don't know how well Dowsett is going but Movistar should be OK. TJ for yellow.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733

They must have brought Rowe for something more than being frooms protection on the astana bus
    He is team captain thats why Bernie did not go, Luke was captain last year in Vuelta also, wise head on young shoulders.
    Interesting to see if they Let Stannard and Luke and one or two others do flat part then climbers do bit and bit up the climb.
    From what I have seen so far Konig, Kennaugh and Porte must have saved a lot of energy for the team TT.
  • takethehighroad
    "The climb" in question is the one that Jerome Pineau finshed third on in 2008.

It's no Mur de Huy, it's not even a Mur de Bretagne. It's about as serious as the 'climb' in Le Havre on Thursday. The one that Styby won on.
  • RideOnTime

It's no Mur de Huy, it's not even a Mur de Bretagne. It's about as serious as the 'climb' in Le Havre on Thursday. The one that Styby won on.

pineau-cav-giro-opqs.png
  • RideOnTime
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYZdWfRPY2H4dI-6LFcQuEZ7Ykypd0EkOhMNqI8Y7NTbOAV7akkQ

I think everyone has gone over to Velo Rooms. :shock:
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Top teams, and GC guys, generally intact and (just about) in touch before the TTT. Who would have predicted that?

It would be a good day for Astana's A-Team to show up, and Movistar to show for Quintana, who fought like a trooper again yesterday. Froome has been the best bike-handler in the race :D and his team look rock-solid. He's unlikely to lose against conservative riding from here.

I can't believe I'm thinking this, but if TJvG gains 30s on the GC-field, is inspired by the jersey, avoids bad days...
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • takethehighroad
    I know it's not a bold claim, but TJVG will not win this year's Tour de France. I'm as likely to win it as he is
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856

It's not how hard the climb is in isolation, it's the fact that it comes at the end of a TTT when everyone is on their limit. It's very difficult to judge how hard you can go in the first part of the stage in order to make sure that at least 5 riders get up the hill as fast as possible. I'm sure we'll see more than one team getting it wrong.

On paper I'd have Astana favourite for this but they haven't looked very strong so far.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Personally, I'd like Quintana to pull back some time, Contador to drop some and TJVG to take the yellow. Don't really care about Nibbles, I've a feeling he hasn't got it this year.

But that's what would make the race. Contador dropping time would see him forced onto the attack, Quintana gaining a bit would see him regain touch, and BMC defending would give them a huge incentive to get TJVG through to a podium. If the big four are too close then we might end up seeing them squabbling over a few seconds, rather than fighting for a minute or two.

Would also be great if Uran could solidify his GC position, an extra dark horse is never a bad thing.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    I know it's not a bold claim, but TJVG will not win this year's Tour de France. I'm as likely to win it as he is

I think he's capable of a podium, if he goes well. And anyone capable of a podium is a potential tour winner, all it takes is crash or bonk for the two ahead.
  • takethehighroad
    Yeah, I see that, but I just don't think the stars will align enough this year.

I think he'd need a bonk or crash to make the podium in my opinion, there's just too many mountains for him
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Teejay isn't quite up there in the mountains, its not really that hard to believe that Froome could take that 30 seconds back on one mountaintop finish if we compare with what happened at the Dauphine.

I'm still hoping for BMC to win the TTT and take a decent chunk out of Froome though. The more time the better, will make for more exciting racing!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Twitter journalism at it's worst on Sporza this morning... Get this, right, both Cavendish and Gesink struggled to find the toilet in the dark in a strange hotel last night. Crazy eh?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Start times (CEST)
    CJqpLftUcAA5f20.png
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    RideOnTIme won't be back for a month.

He's consistently broken the rule about advertising despite explicit warnings.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Twitter journalism at it's worst on Sporza this morning... Get this, right, both Cavendish and Gesink struggled to find the toilet in the dark in a strange hotel last night. Crazy eh?

Marginal Aims.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!