Tour de France 2015 Stage 2 Utrecht - Zeeland *SPOILERS*

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    I think Quintana would find it useful to do some lower level racing in Belgium and Holland rather then climbing mountains non stop in Columbia. He needs to learn how ride in wind and rain and fight for position. As soon as the weather turns bad he's straight out the back of the peloton. Would certainly make him a more rounded rider.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    I presume since there are 4 Quick step up there cav is in that first 15 or so
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    At this rate we'll be lucky if one of the big 4 is left by the time the race gets to the mountains!
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Nibali didn't crash, but is being dropped by a small front group of Lotto, Sky and Saxo mostly
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    44 seconds to Sultana.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Nibali on the wrong side of a split now.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Nibali crash!!!

Knew something would happen during the commercial break.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • above_the_cows
    44 seconds to Sultana.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    At this rate we'll be lucky if one of the big 4 is left by the time the race gets to the mountains!
  • adr82
    Is the forum slowly grinding to a halt for everyone else?
  • milton50
  • disgruntledgoat
    1:05 back to quintana now. I reckon that Nibali et al will get back but the combined force of sprinters teams, sky and saxo spell a real problem for the wee man
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    Nibbles caught out! In a second group on the road.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Love this

Dutch, Belgians and Brits making it proper hard for the southern euros! Proper mens racing!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • FJS
    Amazing stage - Quintana and Valverde already a minute down. Nibali has only Fuglsang and LottoNL to help
  • above_the_cows
    Nibbles caught out! In a second group on the road.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • milton50

I presume since there are 4 Quick step up there cav is in that first 15 or so

Correct.

Only Contador and Froome of the big favourites are in the front group.
  • disgruntledgoat
    1:05 back to quintana now. I reckon that Nibali et al will get back but the combined force of sprinters teams, sky and saxo spell a real problem for the wee man.

Edit: gap growing back to pinot, dennis, nibali.

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Such a great place to ride that Bridge...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    So ridiculous that Quintana has to lose all this time to some stupid crash.

Ridiculous weather in this part of the World.

Best thing about this race so far is Tinkoff's kit. Warming on me, especially in these conditions.

Looks like Cavendish will have 0 opposition in the sprint if it continues like this.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    Amazing stage - Quintana and Valverde already a minute down. Nibali has only Fuglsang and LottoNL to help
  • adr82
    Greipel and Cav both in the front group with teammates, so they're going to ride, then you have Contador and Froome with a few teammates, also with obvious reason to ride... Nibali starting to look a bit desperate for help there.
  • milton50
    Poor Quintana.

Looks like Tony Martin might get his yellow jersey after all...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
  • FJS
  • disgruntledgoat
    Nibali doing his own riding! Trying to bridge with Sep Vanmarcke before!

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Nibali +37" Quintana +1'

Desperate times in the Tour de France.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.