Critérium du Dauphiné ***spoilers***

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545

Wonder how Froome managed to get a bottle..."Can you help please Movistar, I am trying to chase down one of your men up the road and am feeling a bit down on energy?"

"On my way up to Alejandro. Can drop off his finishing bottle if you like?"
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    8. Non-regulation assistance to a rider of another team

Providing refreshments is assistance.

So please provide me with the regulations so we can see what 'non-regulation' encompasses?
    I told you. The regulations relevant to feeding are UCI 2.3.025-28. There's no prohibiting getting sustenance from other teams.

Obviously I don't need to tell you where you can find these regulations as you must have read them already to be able to comment on them.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Rights and duties of riders
    All riders may render each other such minor services as lending or exchanging food,
    drink, spanners or accessories.
    The lending or exchanging of tubular tyres or bicycles and waiting for
    a rider who has been dropped or involved in an accident shall be permitted only amongst riders of the
    same team. The pushing of one rider by another shall in all cases be forbidden, on pain
    of disqualification.

http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/Rulesandregulation/16/82/39/2-ROA-20150205-E_English.pdf

That's more like it although it specifies riders and not team cars.

Nb. it is much an irrelevance to me whether they get food/drink from a team car anyway. I was just pointing it out as people cross at Porte kept pointing it out as riders not getting penalized.

As an aside:
    2.3.013 Riders may, while riding, jettison their waterproof capes, over-garments, etc. by
    handing them in to their sports director's car which shall remain behind the car of the
    president of the commissaires panel.

So we assume riders are not allowed to throw this on the side of the road, like they do all the time and like Froome did yesterday? The fine is 50 CHF anyway so pretty much irrelevant.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited June 2015
    At 65km to race:
    Jonathan Castroviejo, Gorka Izagirre (Movistar), Chris Anker Sørensen (Tinkoff-Saxo), Louis Meintjes (MTN-Qhubeka), Pierre Rolland (Europcar), Alexis Vuillermoz (Ag2r-La Mondiale), Pawel Poljanski, Chris Anker Sørensen (Tinkoff-Saxo), Marcel Wyss, Jarlinson Pantano (IAM Cycling), Tiago Machado (Katusha), Björn Thurau, Bartoz Huzarski, Dominik Nerz (Bora-Argon 18), David De La Cruz, Pieter Serry (Etixx-QuickStep), Bauke Mollema, Ricardo Zoidl (Trek Factory Racing), Nathan Haas (Cannondale-Garmin), Kenny Elissonde (FDJ), Nicolas Edet, Daniel Navarro, Luis Angel Maté (Cofidis), Louis Meintjes, Daniel Teklehaimanot (MTN-Qhubeka) and Pim Ligthart (Lotto Soudal)
    Have 3mins on the bunch led by Sky.

ps. Meintjes unfortunately gave up yesterday and lost 36mins. Along with the entire Trek team much to the chagrin of the DS:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gallopin-blasts-trek-factory-riders-for-dauphin-stage-6-performance
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    14:39 Péraud in trouble

Jean-Christophe Péraud is getting dropped from the group of the favorites. So are Tony Gallopin and Simon Gerrans.

62km Gap 2'05". UK Astana drilling it apparently.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    live on itv4 at 2pm due to le man on eurosport
  • RichN95.
    live on itv4 at 2pm due to le man on eurosport
    2.15 to be exact
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Oh bless you frenchie you do try don't you...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    Sky have drilled it down to 50 riders and Simon Yates is currently 45 secs adrift.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Oh bless you frenchie you do try don't you...

God loves a tryer. And God knows he's trying.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Simon Yates dropped?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • frenchfighter
    Simon Yates dropped?

Why don't you try as hard as me?
    And catch up.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Millar is wearing a lovely yellow jumper on ITV.

Did he ever wear yellow in the Dauphine?
  • The_Boy
    Simon Yates dropped?

Why don't you try as hard as me?
    And catch up.

The question was whether he has been dropped. Given he's now back with the main group I'll assume he has a mechanical or other problem.
  • RichN95.

Yes. In 2001. For one day.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    I don't know why but it's weird watching British adverts again....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872

Yes. In 2001. For one day.

Excellent. Just checking :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    Froome has got to be one of the ugliest bike riders out there. And he is even wearing a skinsuit. Ridiculous.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Some strong riders in that group who should really show something of worth on the climbs to come. Rolland and Meintjes I am looking at you particularly. Machado (one of my men) hopefully rises to the challenge and Zoidl has got to prove his DS he is worthy to wear a WT jersey.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    One of Contador's best domestiques and Zoidl have 30 secs on the break with 30km to race and two cat 1 stages. Gap to peloton is 2.40.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tonyf34
    tonyf34 Posts: 194
    Froome has got to be one of the ugliest bike riders out there. And he is even wearing a skinsuit. Ridiculous.
    You ARE the ugliest poster on cycling forums, your false god Bertie (did you get your crusty sock out when he's out the saddle??) isn't exactly a sight for sore eyes, he's got a face like a bulldog chewing a bumble bee and his riding style is not far short of Froome's in terms of being ugly...

Instead of tyalking about how a rider looks why not just talk about their abilities and what they are doing in a race, you're such a lame ass loser
  • frenchfighter
    Final climb profile. Lets hope Froome has some balls and attacks right from the bottom.
    finish-07.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Sky team's inability to support their leader yesterday has been turned on its head today and he has 5 riders chugging it out for him doing a 'Giro Astana' on the res of the peloton.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    610x-39-1.jpg

AND

Zoidl.jpg

Are not holding back and have gained 42 secs in this valley and have extended the lead to the Sky led group to 3 mins with 24km to race.

Tekle has stepped up and been caught by the Sky bunch.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    51 secs and 2.52 with 21km to race.
    Someone needs to take over from Boswell who is turning himself inside out but the gap is hardly budging.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • PuttyKnees
    PuttyKnees Posts: 381
    I'm curious as to the reason why Sky are pushing the pace. Surely they would be better to let Astana drive it on and save it for the last climb?
  • frenchfighter
    I'm curious as to the reason why Sky are pushing the pace. Surely they would be better to let Astana drive it on and save it for the last climb?

They want to tire everyone out before Froome unleashes his stingers on the >10% gradients coming up. Plus given the gradients are hardest at the start, almost all those riders will get blown and be useless for Froome later on in the climb. It will be mana a mano.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Because Astana won't push it on. It wouldn't be in their interests to. There's no GC threat in the break - neither Sky nor Astana care about them.
  • frenchfighter
    1'04''
    2'49''
    13km to race for the front two
    Contador is the Greatest
  • PuttyKnees
    PuttyKnees Posts: 381
    But why is it in Sky's interest to push on? This seems so common - Sky on the front regardless of whether they are protecting the leader or not.