Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Nice job : ) Almost no cars in sight!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Footnote to this stage...

Today I rode up the Mortirolo climb - following the same route that the Giro went up. I'm only staying 3km away from the start of the climb, so was very fresh when I started!

It is, by far, the most gruesome thing I have ever done. I'm obviously hampered by only having the one leg to work with, plus carrying far more weight than a Pro cyclist - but DAMN it was tough.

As I rode up I could picture images from the race in my mind - picking out points I remember from the TV coverage. I have an even greater respect for the riders going up it full blast near the end of a long stage.

Contador got up in in around 45 mins. It took me an hour and a half. Might have managed it a bit faster with more appropriate gearing and if I wasn't in searing pain in my leg most of the way!

Anway - made a video of the descent afterwards. Went down a slightly different route than the way I went up. But gives you an idea of what it's like!

Only 4 mins long: https://youtu.be/tXfZv2zRRSA

Epic! Can only feel for those guys who were going upwards as you flew past at about 3:30 on the video. How fast did you actually go?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Footnote to this stage...

Today I rode up the Mortirolo climb - following the same route that the Giro went up. I'm only staying 3km away from the start of the climb, so was very fresh when I started!

It is, by far, the most gruesome thing I have ever done. I'm obviously hampered by only having the one leg to work with, plus carrying far more weight than a Pro cyclist - but DAMN it was tough.

As I rode up I could picture images from the race in my mind - picking out points I remember from the TV coverage. I have an even greater respect for the riders going up it full blast near the end of a long stage.

Contador got up in in around 45 mins. It took me an hour and a half. Might have managed it a bit faster with more appropriate gearing and if I wasn't in searing pain in my leg most of the way!

Anway - made a video of the descent afterwards. Went down a slightly different route than the way I went up. But gives you an idea of what it's like!

Only 4 mins long: https://youtu.be/tXfZv2zRRSA

Epic! Can only feel for those guys who were going upwards as you flew past at about 3:30 on the video. How fast did you actually go?

Down? Not that fast Too many hairpins and no lead-out motorbike! That way down was actually moocher gentle than the way I came up.