Tirreno-Adriatico 2015 **Spoilers**

Comments

• thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited March 2015
    Scarponi is still a bike rider? F'uck's sake..
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    English isn't Ulrika's first language. But they can be excused in the excitement. Imagine lucking into a Yates signing...
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Macaloon
    When Nairo smiles
    CAJvW2sXEAIaDYr.jpg
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    Absolutely the right decision to run the stage, the tough stages like this are what bike racing is all about.
  • thomthom
    Has Fabian complained about the 'atrocious' conditions yet?
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Great rides by a couple of my men: Quintana and Adam Yates.

Contador didn't look particularly impressive.
  • Ed-tron
    Ed-tron Posts: 165
    Orica's backstage passport video for this stage will be good if there are any Yates insights
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Great ride by Yates. Glad he's at Orica, he'd have to wait until he's about 30 to ride for himself at Sky
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Yellow Peril
    Fabian cancellara ‏@f_cancellara · 2 mins2 minutes ago
    This is how i arrived today after the finish #notFun https://instagram.com/p/0QbWBztthY/

bit of a snow whinge by Fabu. Perhaps he should check his bank balance to cheer himself up
    @JaunePeril

• Fabian cancellara ‏@f_cancellara · 2 mins2 minutes ago
    This is how i arrived today after the finish #notFun https://instagram.com/p/0QbWBztthY/

bit of a snow whinge by Fabu. Perhaps he should check his bank balance to cheer himself up

Has a champion rider ever whined as much as Cancellara?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Yellow Peril

It almost seems when Evans stopped whingeing after his WC win, Cancellara started.
    @JaunePeril

• Fabian cancellara ‏@f_cancellara · 2 mins2 minutes ago

It almost seems when Evans stopped whingeing after his WC win, Cancellara started.
    Fairs fair, Cuddles never complained about the actual racing, just people stepping on his dog and Telekom not picking him for races.

But to be fair, cancellara can do this

tumblr_n3m8cnmuKG1qbw072o1_400.gif
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    @albertocontador · 42m 42 minutes ago
    Hard stage at Tirreno today,marked by cold and snow.Bad sensations,but we continue working for the GIRO!@tinkoff_saxo
    Contador is the Greatest
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Cracking ride by Nairo today, and Mollema was a huge surprise too. The TdF is going to be one hell of a race if they all stay injury free, even Nibali will be on form by then although probably not a week or two beforehand :roll:
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Betancur once again showing what he's made of. He ambled in with Cav today.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Got in late from my ride, just watched this. Really enjoyed that! You just have to love Quintana, shorts and no gloves, and a tiny guy. #hardasnails
  • thomthom
    ThomThom wrote:
    Has Fabian complained about the 'atrocious' conditions yet?

Just knew it. He's so boring.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    He's one of my favourite cyclists on the bike but he is starting to p!ss me off when off it.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,928
    He has form for this. Love him on the bike... off it??? Not so sure. he should get over himself.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,891
    Contador seems to be continuing his recent pattern of following a good year with bad.
    Maybe it's just the change of programme, but maybe it's not.
    Crushed by Froome, now clobbered by Quintana.
    His one crumb of comfort must be Vincenzo Nibali.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,172
    Contador seems to be continuing his recent pattern of following a good year with bad.
    It's hard to judge a man's form on a day like today. It's more about coping.

Other than that, I see Steve Cummings is getting a new lease of life at MTN. Nice to see.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,901

In fairness, it's plenty more than Fabian complaining. Only we listen to Cancellara since he's such a f*cking hero.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.2272231
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642

You need to go easy on the superlatives which are just reflections of your Contador dislike rather than reality.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Pretty epic at the top of that climb. Quintana didn't look bothered by it at all though, he looked like he was born in those conditions. Straight onto a bike.
  • Macaloon
    thegibdog wrote:
    Pretty epic at the top of that climb. Quintana didn't look bothered by it at all though, he looked like he was born in those conditions. Straight onto a bike.
    Class. Apparently he's riding Dwars, E3 and the Ardennes. A special rider.
  • RichN95.
    thegibdog wrote:
    Quintana comes from way up in the mountains. He may not get much snow there, but it's pretty lousy weather.
  • Macaloon
    Nibali and Froome on the horn to their nutrionists: When did you say we taper for a Giro-Tour tour? #PlanetQuintana
  • RichN95.
    Macaloon wrote:
    Nibali and Froome on the horn to their nutrionists: When did you say we taper for a Giro-Tour tour? #PlanetQuintana
    Froome will be fine. He's won already and the support crew are firing on all cylinders.

Nibali will be getting a letter from Vino though.
  • Macaloon
    RichN95 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    Froome will be fine. He's won already and the support crew are firing on all cylinders.

Nibali will be getting a letter from Vino though.

Froome can't beat Quintana at this tour. Yet again Contador shows his class, being first to escape (run away :D). I want to see the letters *to* Vino file.
  • RichN95.
    Macaloon wrote:
    Froome can't beat Quintana at this tour.
    Are you a gambling man?