Bottom Bracket Downhill Only Club

Comments

• pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    May come along to the next one. Been riding a bit more recently. Still not got my full suss though Steveo. Instead will be on another burlier hard tail haha
    Lets hope the spokes and tyres are bit beefier Pesky. The trip after the March one might be in May. I may even try to do that gap jump properly next time :)

They are actually! Well maybe not tyres. Maybe they were over inflated? Well when you do, perhaps do it after a few runs and not the first pedal of the day!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,706
    Friday 6th May is the next one after the March jaunt. Seems to be booking up fast for the decent weather. Be there or be a roadie...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    I'm on a roll. New uplift place is opening up near Cheltenham next month so we've booked up Wednesday 23rd March to give it a try out 8)

http://www.flyupdownhill.co.uk/
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,434
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm on a roll. New uplift place is opening up near Cheltenham next month so we've booked up Wednesday 23rd March to give it a try out 8)

http://www.flyupdownhill.co.uk/

A. It's miles from Cheltenham.
    B. It's near Cinderford - Banjo country
    C. Dot no miss an opportunity to pop into the 'Naam, sit in a Promenade Cafe and watch all the pretty women go by.
    D. Watch out for the speed cameras out of Gloucester on the A40, there's loads of them.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    The website says its near Cheltenham - guess they have to out somewhere we've heard of. Banjo country isn't a problem, we usually go to The Valleys...
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Gonna try and nail the day off, hire a bike and come along. 50/50 right now
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Gonna try and nail the day off, hire a bike and come along. 50/50 right now
    29 spaces left - keep an eye on it. Let me know and we can try and sort you with accommodation if you fancy a beer the night before.

Edit: you can hire bikes from BPW.
  • Stevo_666
    @ Flan - maybe worth booking the uplift and you can move the date for free as long as its more than 8 days in advance. 13 spaces still left.
  • Stevo_666
    Day now fully booked. Are you on the list or have you got beak marks in your head? :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Next Bike Park Wales trip just booked up for Friday 17th June 8)
  • Stevo_666
    Holiday double header time. Bike Park Wales on Friday 22nd July plus one other venue (tbc but likely to out west somewhere) on Saturday 23rd 8)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Holiday double header time. Bike Park Wales on Friday 22nd July plus one other venue (tbc but likely to out west somewhere) on Saturday 23rd 8)

Where are you thinking for the Saturday?
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

TLW obviously doesn't want to miss out on the Welsh landlady. You had better keep him happy Stevo.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

TLW obviously doesn't want to miss out on the Welsh landlady. You had better keep him happy Stevo.

Was thinking local and introducing him to the barmaids here.......
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2016
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Either Forest of Dean; the new Flyup417 place near Gloucester; or Gawton down in Devon.

Need to toss a coin or something. Darryl's getting married tomorrow so I might not hear back from him till the weekend :roll: :)
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Pub crawl in Telford or maybe even... the Brierley Bonk.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sounds like you're considering joining us. The Dark Side beckons...
  • pinno
    If he takes you to the Brierley Bonk, it would be a dark side too far for you.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Telford! Shrowsbury
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Either Forest of Dean; the new Flyup417 place near Gloucester; or Gawton down in Devon.

Need to toss a coin or something. Darryl's getting married tomorrow so I might not hear back from him till the weekend :roll: :)
    Sat 23rd July = Gawton. Cider country :)
  • Stevo_666
    It's back...next date with The (downward) Force = Monday 19th September. The sheep have plenty of time to hide.
  • Stevo_666
    Thread revival - Friday 27th Jan.
  • Stevo_666
    Come on then Garry, get your rigid single speed and get booking :)
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I'll race you to the top!
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    I'll race you to the top!
    You're on. The van will be faster than you.
  • Garry H
    I'll cycle up and drive your van back down for you :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    I'll cycle up and drive your van back down for you :lol:
    You can fight the Bike Park Wales van drivers for the keys to their vans :) I'm just a paying passenger.
  • Stevo_666
    20th March is the next one. Unfortunately Flan is now totally domesticated...
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Damn. The bike that I haven't decided to buy yet won't get delivered until late the next day.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Damn. The bike that I haven't decided to buy yet won't get delivered until late the next day.
    You can rent them there, you big girls blouse :wink: