Bottom Bracket Downhill Only Club

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    CU next Thursday then, down at The Otter :)

If I can get out of dinner then I'm there
    Nice one, just drop me a text on the day if you're headed over.

Will do.

Met my mate that works at the telford site of your company tonight and he knows of you!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,596
    matthew h wrote:
    Met my mate that works at the telford site of your company tonight and he knows of you!
    Uh oh. Hope he wasn't too rude about me :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Not at all, which makes me think he really doesn't know you :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Not at all, which makes me think he really doesn't know you :lol:
    :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Make sure you secure your bike on the trailer. :shock:
    Not sure how he managed that, it's a pretty foolproof system for attaching the bikes and the van driver gives them the once over before setting off. Anyway if The Panzer ever fell off, I would know because it would trigger small earthquakes :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not sure how he managed that, it's a pretty foolproof system for attaching the bikes and the van driver gives them the once over before setting off.

even I managed it
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not sure how he managed that, it's a pretty foolproof system for attaching the bikes and the van driver gives them the once over before setting off.

even I managed it
    Like I said, it's a foolproof system :wink:

What's the odds on escaping from Swansea on Thursday evening?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

similar to Europe for Liverpool :(
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Never mind. At least I won't have a hangover on Friday.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Never mind. At least I won't have a hangover on Friday.

even if I do play, I've got to drive :roll:
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Whats the deal with uplift, does the minibus go up from the bottom at certain times? Does it just wait for everyone to get to the bottom? How many runs do you get in a day? etc etc
  • Stevo_666
    Whats the deal with uplift, does the minibus go up from the bottom at certain times? Does it just wait for everyone to get to the bottom? How many runs do you get in a day? etc etc
    There's usually 4 or 5 buses running depending on demand, so you just jump on the first one that turns up at the pick up point. They don't hang about as there's one every 5-10 mins. You'll get at least 10 runs, best we've managed on a day is 13.

PS: a backpack for water/energy bars is a good idea as the pick up point is nowhere near the trail centre and if you leave water at the pick up point they chuck it in the bin! It's thirsty work.

Also bring a few inner tubes and spares etc - some of the runs are quite tough on tyres and parts as Matth found out last time we went...
  • Stevo_666
    Next date with gravity to be arranged is Friday 7th August :)

We are already booked: drop me a line if any other takers...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    Pesky hasn't posted since your last gravity fest. What have you done to him? Is he in a welsh ditch?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pesky hasn't posted since your last gravity fest. What have you done to him? Is he in a welsh ditch?
    We never saw him leave, honest guv. He did a 'Matt h' and bunked off early after getting his umpteenth flat. That's my story and I'm sticking to it .
  • pesky_jones
    I’m still here! Just been busy at work so haven’t had time to go on forums. It’s a hard life. But this confirms stevos story. Unless he’s/I’ve hacked my/his account…
  • Stevo_666
    We did wonder if you made it down that last blue run :) Weather cleared a bit after you went !
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    I’m still here! Just been busy at work so haven’t had time to go on forums. It’s a hard life. But this confirms stevos story. Unless he’s/I’ve hacked my/his account…
    The temptation to edit your post to say that you've only just dug your way out of the ditch Stevo left you in was hard to resist. I think that would be a considered a gross misuse of being in green, that and it does leave a trail.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The temptation to edit your post to say that you've only just dug your way out of the ditch Stevo left you in was hard to resist. I think that would be a considered a gross misuse of being in green, that and it does leave a trail.
    It's not gross misuse if it's funny :)
  • pesky_jones
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ohoh congrats!
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    We did wonder if you made it down that last blue run :) Weather cleared a bit after you went !

Well to be fair if anyone could kill themselves walking a bike down a run it would be me!
  • Stevo_666
    @Sa0u - has your ankle recovered enough to make the 26th?
  • Stevo_666
    Thursday 8th October, Bike Park Wales. Be there or be a roadie.
  • Stevo_666
    Wot, no takers? :P

07725174332_chicken-suit-sentence.jpg[/quote]
  • tlw1
    very tempted, just need to buy a new bike first :)
  • Stevo_666
    very tempted, just need to buy a new bike first :)
    Get your skates on :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Next date with gravity - Friday 6th November.

How's the bike shopping coming along? :wink:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    6th? hmm tempting
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    6th? hmm tempting
    Two of us booked up but no rush as still 50-odd places left.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    6th? hmm tempting
    Two of us booked up but no rush as still 50-odd places left.

It is a Friday, thought it was a weekend. I'll have to see what I can manage but this is less likely than ever before.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy