Bottom Bracket Downhill Only Club

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
After the roaring and injury free success last Friday of the inaugural outing of the club for people who like adrenaline more than pedalling :D, I'm organising a return trip in the summer.

Friday 26th June is the date, Bike Park Wales near Merthyr Tydfil is the venue.

trail_map_feb_2015.jpg

Anyone interested post on here (or drop me a PM if you secretly like The Dark Side but don't want to admit on Bottom Bracket). The uplift only takes bookings 3 months in advance so we can only book later this month, but it fills up pretty quickly - I'll let people know when and how to book if there are any takers.

Be there or be square :wink:
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    I can recommend a good hotel......
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    You do know GCHQ and M15 routinely monitor social media for people who are trying to convert others to extremist radicalism. Obviously another Suicide mission recruitment, even if the last one was just a hoax!

9 guys wearing body armour in a mini bus at some training camp in deepest darkest Wales? Just saying!
  • tlw1
    tim wand wrote:
    You do know GCHQ and M15 routinely monitor social media for people who are trying to convert others to extremist radicalism. Obviously another Suicide mission recruitment, even if the last one was just a hoax!

9 guys wearing body armour in a mini bus at some training camp in deepest darkest Wales? Just saying!

It may have been a hoax, but someone from my cycling club went there on Saturday and split his kidney!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    After the roaring and injury free success last Friday of the inaugural outing of the club for people who like adrenaline more than pedalling :D, I'm organising a return trip in the summer.

Friday 26th June is the date, Bike Park Wales near Merthyr Tydfil is the venue.

trail_map_feb_2015.jpg

Anyone interested post on here (or drop me a PM if you secretly like The Dark Side but don't want to admit on Bottom Bracket). The uplift only takes bookings 3 months in advance so we can only book later this month, but it fills up pretty quickly - I'll let people know when and how to book if there are any takers.

Be there or be square :wink:

I am confused. Roadies talking about dirt.

Yes I read the other threads but still. There is hope for you yet.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:

If me and Mr h can get 2 more takers we can be the 'Four Lions'. (Lurker77 said he and his brother might be up for it, just before he went AWOL).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    nicklouse wrote:

I'm trying to cure them.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

I'm trying to cure them.

Nah, it will all end in tears.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    "The longest ride I have done is 55 miles..."

ROFL

I found the very place for you lot
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Stevo can't make the 'Toothpaste' because it is 2 miles over his absolute limit.
  • Stevo_666

ROFL

I'll take that as a 'no' then :)
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    If me and Mr h can get 2 more takers we can be the 'Four Lions'. (Lurker77 said he and his brother might be up for it, just before he went AWOL).

" It aint an amusement park! Its a Theme Park (Bike Park) Rubber Dinghy Rapids Innit yer ! "

Who's buying the Bleach?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    DT140_102-103_Hillbilly-Huckfest.jpg
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    DT140_102-103_Hillbilly-Huckfest.jpg
    What's not to like? Just take a 'zero' out and it's pretty much spot on :P
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Much as I like the dirt and wide tyres, not fookin' likely mate. Yes, I know I'm a big jessie.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    We saw the picture of you getting some air, you didn't make 4" let alone 4'.
    Yes, I know that's still 4" more than me.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

ROFL

I'll take that as a 'no' then :)

It's is only a NO because of work commitments. I can bash out a 60+ mile ride any time of year without paying £25 for the privilege and forking out for new wheels and tyres.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    We saw the picture of you getting some air, you didn't make 4" let alone 4'.
    Yes, I know that's still 4" more than me.
    Matt got some footage on his phone of us doing a bit more than a 4" drop off, honest.

There is actually green run (and a pump track)...
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There is actually green run (and a pump track)...
    Would I be allowed stabilisers? The 29er is a bit high up and I get scared.
  • Stevo_666
    It's is only a NO because of work commitments. I can bash out a 60+ mile ride any time of year without paying £25 for the privilege and forking out for new wheels and tyres.
    Roughly translated as:
    07725174332_chicken-suit-sentence.jpg
  • pinno
    You'll have to do better than that Stevo. Your fishing technique peaked and troughed in the space of one weekend.
  • veronese68
    At least I have the decency to admit to being chicken.
  • Stevo_666
    Cluck cluck cluck.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Matt got some footage on his phone of us doing a bit more than a 4" drop off, honest.

POIDH...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

POIDH...
    That does say more than 4 inches BTW :D

But I am reliant on the camera man to post his footage - Matt?
  • pesky_jones
    Haha so it does. It is quarter to two, will Matthew H still be able to use his phone?
  • Stevo_666
    Haha so it does. It is quarter to two, will Matthew H still be able to use his phone?
    I'm not sure he goes to the pub every lunchtime, unlike the evenings...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm not sure he goes to the pub every lunchtime, unlike the evenings...

No pub as budget time - lunch fetched by minions and eaten whilst on a 14hr day :(

Footage doesn't do it justice, but too big for work email so I need to find another way!
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Footage doesn't do it justice, but too big for work email so I need to find another way!
    Upload it onto Youtube/Vimeo/something like that?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Upload it onto Youtube/Vimeo/something like that?

Restraining order includes YouTube
  • pesky_jones
    Footage never does justice, you just have to 2x in head