Omloop Nieuwsblad **Spoilers**

Comments

• thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited February 2015
    Lol. With 20km to go Rolf Sørensen said Stannard should let the fastest of the three go and let him have 50 meters and slowly catch him possibly killing the teammates.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,042
    How did that happen!???
    Well done man!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,188
    Oy Oy Oy Quick Step.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Have that quickstep! Wouldn't want to be on their team bus on the way home!
  • Fantastic
  • Although I suppose Stannard just rode wheels for the last hour whereas all the other three had ridden hard. Had Stannard been taking turns it wouldn't have been that easy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • WOW!

Stannard just owned them. Beasted them one by one then even made Terpstra lead out the sprint!

If he continues like this Sky are going to have to substantially increase his salary another year running.

Unbelievable. He should have been completely worked over by EQS. Biggest fail since the the Schlecks vs Gilbert in LBL
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,271
    Absolute legend
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    My stream died at 2.5km to go.

Stannard beat Boonen man v man?

He dropped Boonen first. It was Terpstra he beat in the sprint.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,089
    Takes the over 50s race too.
    Chapeau.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,443
    Sporza stunned into silence! :):):)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Mad_Malx
    There was a small mushroom cloud over Gent justnow. I assume Lefevre just spontaneously combusted
    :lol:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    If there is one race that Quick.Step screw up, it's this one

They do it every single year

Hat to Stannard. He really needs to be the protected rider at P-R.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,653
    ThomThom wrote:
    Lol. With 20km to go Rolf Sørensen said Stannard should let the fastest of the three go and let him have 50 meters and slowly catch him possibly killing the teammates.

worked
    rode their legs off
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,762
    Pffft outstanding.

Fair play Stannard.
  • Would love to be a fly on the wall in the EQS debrief....
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Wow! Great job by Stannard

Terpstra reminded me of me in that sprint, what on earth was he playing at :lol:
  • thomthom
    Vandenbergh catching Terpstra's counter attack after Boonen was caught was spectacular. Spectacularly daft.
  • I got in with 2km to go... Time to rewind to understand exactly how QS cocked that up
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Thanks for running commentary. Looking forward to the highlights now.
  • Mad_Malx
    Although I suppose Stannard just rode wheels for the last hour whereas all the other three had ridden hard. Had Stannard been taking turns it wouldn't have been that easy.

Why would he do that?
  • rick_chasey
    Best legs today: sep by miles.
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    Although I suppose Stannard just rode wheels for the last hour whereas all the other three had ridden hard. Had Stannard been taking turns it wouldn't have been that easy.

Why would he do that?

Please mr Quick Step, let me help you beat me!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,575
    ThomThom wrote:
    Vandenbergh catching Terpstra's counter attack after Boonen was caught was spectacular. Spectacularly daft.

That was beautiful farce.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • thomthom
    ThomThom wrote:

worked
    rode their legs off

Yep, people should learn Danish just to get to hear this guy.
  • ThomThom wrote:

Not least as he was boxing Stannard in nicely at that point. Love finishes like that though - once the four got away it was hardly exciting, but it served to ratchet the tension up nicely.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    WOW!

Stannard just owned them. Beasted them one by one then even made Terpstra lead out the sprint!

If he continues like this Sky are going to have to substantially increase his salary another year running.

Unbelievable. He should have been completely worked over by EQS. Biggest fail since the the Schlecks vs Gilbert in LBL

The problem was that Vanmarcke was only 20-25 seconds back up until the last 6km, so they couldn't start messing around with stop-start attacks. They were riding full gas just to stay clear.

Still another epic fail by QS in the Omloop.
  • rick_chasey
    Think Stannard owes Sep a big lunch or something.
  • Mad_Malx wrote:

Why would he do that?

He wouldn't would he as that would be daft; but he got very lucky.
    Just needed Sep in there an would have been a completely different story.
    Stannard in the interview after even said he had an 'easy' ride.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mad_Malx wrote:

Why would he do that?

For the sake of panache, surely? :wink:
    Boonan also sat on for a most of the break and still ran out of gas.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.