Powerlinks don't go together or come apart when squeezed

Comments

• ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Dabber wrote:
    My congratulations to Manc33.... over 150+ replies to date on Quick Links etc. How many could he achieve on something actually complicated. :D

The perfect windup.... it is a windup isn't it.... but quite entertaining at times. :?
    That's the genius of it: most of us still aren't sure!
  • At least it's not malicious. Great reading!
  • Actually, I thought the Zionist stuff was a bit off come to think about it. The bike material is gold though.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Bondurant wrote:
    Actually, I thought the Zionist stuff was a bit off come to think about it. The bike material is gold though.

If Ed Miliband is a Zionist working for Israel, people should know about it. He even admits himself to being a Zionist so how can me pointing it out make any difference.

Bondurant you are only the second person to ever mention Zionism here, apart from me.

That is just amazing, considering the clout these people have. People think Bill Gates and the Sultan of Brunei are among the richest people... lol. Try auditing the international banking families and you'd soon find people not with billions of dollars, but hundreds of trillions, spread across thousands and thousands of companies, going back at least 150 years.

Some of my posts about Zionism were deleted. No other post ever has been, only posts about that. Go figure.

You don't need me to tell you anything, how do you think I know anything about it, its all over the internet by now, just listen to pretty much any video Ken O'Keefe has put out. Watch out for those "self-hating Jews" though lol. :lol:
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    No, no, no do not go off topic on this one
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Manc33
    He started it :P

Back on topic then - just got back from a ride and the Master Link is holding up fine. That isn't to say it won't be all fused/gnarled/spread/filed/scratched in 500 miles time though, its bound to work right now, its done less than 10 miles.

After riding with the Brooks saddle on again I cannot believe I took it off for as long as I did, it is so comfy - albeit with nearly razor sharp rivets poking out and me not knowing what to do to fix it - can't even feel it when sat on it now I have filed down the rivets. In parts, the leather actually overlaps the rivet slightly. Its even made the saddle look better. Maybe the rivets will start popping off because I filed them too much but they seem alright.

Folks, I put too much olive oil on my saddle, how can you dry out leather to get it harder again? Why the F am I even asking that here lol. All I will get is use anti-freeze, use ISO alcohol, use anything if it will ruin the saddle. I was going to leave it on a radiator overnight or something but this is oil I am trying to dry out, you can't do that. Once a saddle has had too much Proofide or oil in it, is that it then, you just have to put up with a soft saddle? I could tie it underneath but I don't fancy drilling holes in the thing.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Smokescreen!!
    More about the link, please.
  • chris_bass
    please start another topic for that, i want to see which gets more replies
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Manc33 wrote:
    Try auditing the international banking families and you'd soon find people not with billions of dollars, but hundreds of trillions
    Quite apart from all the other gibberish in this post, and the usual anti-semitic overtones ("international banking families", not a very opaque code) they must have it stored in off-planet accounts, never mind offshore, as there aren't very many hundreds of trillions of dollars in the whole world (clue: there are about 2). Handy to have alien lizard pals to transport the loot in their spaceships, I suppose.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    bompington wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    Try auditing the international banking families and you'd soon find people not with billions of dollars, but hundreds of trillions
    Quite apart from all the other gibberish in this post, and the usual anti-semitic overtones ("international banking families", not a very opaque code) they must have it stored in off-planet accounts, never mind offshore, as there aren't very many hundreds of trillions of dollars in the whole world (clue: there are about 2). Handy to have alien lizard pals to transport the loot in their spaceships, I suppose.

Nah, these are inter-dimensional beings, don't forget - so all the money is simply hidden in an alternative reality on a different vibrational wavelength. Obviously.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Chris Bass wrote:
    No, no, no do not go off topic on this one
    Once again I find myself agreeing with Mr Bass on this thread. Manc has done very well keeping to split link based lunacy here, maybe this one will even work out for him and he will see the light.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    BacK OT, do you remember when all chains had these?

This is a current one on my timing chain on my 1956 Isetta.

128831F5-5374-4F8B-A4B3-35D38644C557.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ai_1
    Manc33 wrote:
    He started it :P

Back on topic then - just got back from a ride and the Master Link is holding up fine. That isn't to say it won't be all fused/gnarled/spread/filed/scratched in 500 miles time though, its bound to work right now, its done less than 10 miles....
    Can I propose a tool to help us get to the bottom of this conundrum?
    How about you take a picture after each ride and post it in this thread along with the distance and conditions of the ride. Once you've clocked up a bit of distance and the link has fused or otherwise mutated, we can review the transition across the life of the link and try to understand this great and mysterious phenomenon.
  • veronese68
    Somebody with a little talent could make a neat little animation out of it. Just make sure the link is in the same place when taking the pictures.
  • ai_1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Somebody with a little talent could make a neat little animation out of it. Just make sure the link is in the same place when taking the pictures.
    Yeah, I thought of that but it might be too complicated. You'd need to make a jig to keep the camera correctly aligned with the link in each shot :wink:
  • chris_bass
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Yeah, I thought of that but it might be too complicated. You'd need to make a jig to keep the camera correctly aligned with the link in each shot :wink:

not seen much Wallace and Gromit recently so Aardman can't be up to much, i'm sure they'd be up for this project. It is in the name of science after all.
  • Chris Bass wrote:
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

not seen much Wallace and Gromit recently so Aardman can't be up to much, i'm sure they'd be up for this project. It is in the name of science after all.

The Shaun the Sheep Movie sequel - Manc the Link.
  • Manc33
    bompington wrote:
    the usual anti-semitic overtones ("international banking families", not a very opaque code)

"International banking families" isn't code for anything except what I said - international banking families.

You should be asking yourself why you'd automatically jump to that conclusion and realize how ignorant it is to do that knowing nothing about what you're debating about.

Meanwhile the bankers (Jewish or not) are laughing their heads off. Look how protected they are when all someone has to do is mention them in a bad light or point out their criminality and they instantly get accused of Jew bashing. Its almost laughable.

No one else has said that to me, only in bompington's world is mentioning banking criminality the same as being anti-Jewish.

Thats like saying "The air conditioner industry is totally corrupt" and someone says "Stop being anti-Hispanic".

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Before you say don't go off topic, I didn't. I am having the anti-Semitic card pulled on me when I never even mentioned Jewish people.

Have you even watched "Money Masters" yet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDtBSiI13fE

Probably not since it doesn't mention reptilians or spaceships, you wouldn't be interested in it. You don't care about what's really going on in the world and just want something to take the p1ss out of. If you can't take the p1ss out of it, you're not even interested, but then look at how childish that is. :( Every time you do it you're just showing how impossible it is for you to discuss these subjects. The subject is pretty important - our welfare.

Now back to Madonna and her satanic ritual at the Brits...
  • imposter2.0
    Or maybe even back to cycling issues, seeing as this is a cycling forum n all...
  • Manc33
    Imposter wrote:
    Or maybe even back to cycling issues, seeing as this is a cycling forum n all...

It isn't me dragging up other stuff I have said in other threads, in this thread.
  • imposter2.0
    Manc33 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

It isn't me dragging up other stuff I have said in other threads, in this thread.

That's odd, cos I don't see anyone else harping on about zionists and international banking families here...
  • Manc33
    Imposter wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

That's odd, cos I don't see anyone else harping on about zionists and international banking families here...

viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=13017466&start=140#p19463156

That was the first mention of it in this thread.
  • veronese68
    To be fair to Mr 33 I think he's right. Other people have started the off topic on this one and he is just obliging them.

So... Are you going to take pictures having rigged up a photographic jig and make an animation of split link wear?
  • Manc33
    edited February 2015
    Heard a few clicks (I assumed were the missing link) when on the granny ring, but I might have been on a sprocket too small, so I won't blame the link quite yet. :P

Think about it though, in those gears the chain is loosest and the missing link could have play in it that wouldn't happen on the middle or outer ring. I don't mean fully loose, I mean looser so it can slide a little. Maybe that clicking was it opening back out again. I hate it I hate it I hate it. :lol:
  • crikey
    crikey Posts: 362
    Is he still being a bell end? :lol:
  • Manc33
    2012 join date lol ^^^
  • imposter2.0
    Manc33 wrote:
    Think about it though, in those gears the chain is loosest and the missing link could have play in it that wouldn't happen on the middle or outer ring. I don't mean fully loose, I mean looser so it can slide a little. Maybe that clicking was it opening back out again. I hate it I hate it I hate it. :lol:

Think about it though, because the rear mech has a spring in it, the chain is always under tension, so that would never actually happen. Not at this level of dimensional existence, anyway...
  • Manc33
    Imposter wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

Think about it though, because the rear mech has a spring in it, the chain is always under tension, so that would never actually happen. Not at this level of dimensional existence, anyway...

It does when you have a 52t outer and a 24t inner. Always under tension my ass. Anything smaller than the biggest three sprockets when on the granny 24t... and the rear mech is almost fully collapsed - not under tension. Yes the chain is the right length.

I know it was that link clicking anyway because it happened once every few pedal turns. What else is there on a chain only in one place. :roll:

I am already thinking about ditching it and putting a real link back in. I've heard the clicking, that's enough to put me off the longer rides. I'll just take a chain breaker lol.

These missing links can't handle a loss of tension, which might occur. But then why would it "handle" that when that is how it is meant to be so it can be removed. :roll:

So the problem is the link is too loose but I said that at the beginning, damn this thing is easy to get on and off, maybe a bit too easy (it could loosen).

Between ones you can't squeeze to get on and off to ones that slide on and off easily, none are all that useful! Ones that are hard to get on and off require a tool to get it off again and ones that are loose run the risk of rattling loose under lower chain tension.

What annoyed me more than the link was that I probably didn't need to use the granny ring in the end and got up the hill easier than I expected. :twisted:
  • crikey
    crikey Posts: 362
    I think that despite your 2010 start date and your 1429 posts, quick links simply aren't for you. I am in awe of your dedication in attempting to conquer this issue but I suspect it's time for you to move on to something less complex.

No chain, good luggage carrying capacity and stylish as can be...

Winther_Mini_Viking_Tricycle_with_Tray___Red_A_SS_1.jpg
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    :P :P