Vuelta a Andalucia 2015 *Spoilers*

Comments

• milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Damn. Missed what sounds like a good stage. If someone finds highlights of it could they post the link? Thanks.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Milton50 wrote:
    Damn. Missed what sounds like a good stage. If someone finds highlights of it could they post the link? Thanks.

Its on Eurosport at 5.15
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    What an amazing race this has been. Those 2 guys are incredible riders. I'll have to watch the highlights too as it was such a good race live and I want to hear some interviews afterwards. Some odd chaps in the stage top 10 tho
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    2 second lead for froome according to team sky twitter
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • joelsim
    gsk82 wrote:

That's exactly what the clock said live. We will see.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

That's exactly what the clock said live. We will see.

The questions are when and why is it taking so long?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • milton50
    Milton50 wrote:

Its on Eurosport at 5.15

Oh ok, great.
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Ruta del Sol 2015, stage four: Maracena – Alto de Allanadas, 202km

1. Christopher Froome (Gbr) Team Sky

2. Alberto Contador (Esp) Tinkoff-Saxo, at 28 seconds

3. Mikel Nieve (Esp) Team Sky

4. Sylwester Szmyd (Pol) CCC

5. Beñat Intxausti (Esp) Movistar

Overall classification after stage four

1. Christopher Froome (Gbr) Team Sky, in

2. Alberto Contador (Esp) Tinkoff-Saxo, at 2 seconds

3. Beñat Intxausti (Esp) Movistar, at 3-32

4. Mikel Nieve (Esp) Team Sky, at 3-52

5. Romain Bardet (Fra) Ag2r-La Mondiale, at 4-13

Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... RwZRxqM.99
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    so , looks like contador burnt himself out yesterday "dancing" up the climb while froome controled his effort and had plenty left for the finish today . poor tactics from bertie.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    Milton50 wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

Its on Eurosport at 5.15

Oh ok, great.

Do you reckon that means it ll be 6 15 over here? Havent seen anything of this so far :(
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Milton50 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDjsLcH2-_0
  • PCS have it slightly different:

1. Christopher Froome (Gbr) Team Sky

2. Alberto Contador (Esp) Tinkoff-Saxo, at 29 seconds (hence the 2 seconds on GC)

3. Mikel Nieve (Esp) Team Sky, at 49 seconds

4. Sylwester Szmyd (Pol) CCC, at 59 seconds

5. Beñat Intxausti (Esp) Movistar, at 1 minute.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Good ride by "my man" Kennaugh in his domestique role. Keeping the GB champ stripes at the sharp end for most of that stage. Have to say the lack of a distance counter on screen added to the tension
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,928
    Typical crap Eurosport,,, still staying with ski jumping and no sign of cycling yet.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • ddraver
    On now in NL
    - @ddraver
  • inseine
    That was bloody brilliant! Froome looking very good, and dare I say it a bit more stylish than usual. Bravo to Contador for the chase but when the elastic snapped it really snapped.
  • inseine
    The commentary was all over the place......
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    tim000 wrote:
    so , looks like contador burnt himself out yesterday "dancing" up the climb while froome controled his effort and had plenty left for the finish today . poor tactics from bertie.

he hardly danced. he was pushing too big a gear most of the way up it. it was far from the contador who danced up to verbier in 2009
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    What an effort from Froome and a valiant chase from Contador! Lets hope this is how the rest of the season pans out, trading blows whenever they come up against each other on the big stuff!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Great work Froome. Fighter. Shame Contador cracked but he went too early yesterday.

Photos look great!

1 sec lead with a sharp short finish tomorrow. All to play for!
    Ps. No bonus seconds.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    The split screen stuff is great eh?!
    - @ddraver
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Surprisingly good racing, bodes well for the upcoming season. Already getting tired of Kirby though. His take on the problem with the distance to go graphics made me chuckle: "Hard to trust something that's been wrong on so many occasions", said without any hint of irony.
  • ddraver wrote:
    The split screen stuff is great eh?!

Yeah its pretty fantastic. They dud it yesterday as well.

Perhaps those last few ks were a bit too brutal. Certainly wont fund it at the Tour.

Very confusing graphics though as it said 700m when Froome went. Then 7mins or so later he reaches the finish!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • milton50
    Great stage. I just pray that Contador, Froome and Quintana can remain injury free and stay upright throughout the Tour, because if they do then we could potentially have one of the best races for many years.

On the profile for tomorrow's final stage there is a slight kick-up to the line. I take it that it's just a slight incline rather than a genuine attacking chance?

Vuelta-a-Andalucia-Ruta-Ciclista-Del-Sol-Stage-5-1419587942.jpg
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    I think all being well this year we will see Froome win like he probably would have last year if not for the crash. He isn't great on steep stuff and made it hurt for Bertie so he's coming good. Last year at the dauphine was a good indicator that they were both in good shape.

Shame he is going for the double really because if he doesn't do well in the tour he can just blame it on the giro in his legs rather than it be a clear cut win for Froome or someone else.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • milton50
    thegibdog wrote:
    Surprisingly good racing, bodes well for the upcoming season. Already getting tired of Kirby though. His take on the problem with the distance to go graphics made me chuckle: "Hard to trust something that's been wrong on so many occasions", said without any hint of irony.

:lol:

It's shocking how bad he is sometimes.
  • joelsim
    I love Kirby, his enthusiasm is great. I would listen to him in preference to any other commentator.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Joelsim wrote:
    I love Kirby, his enthusiasm is great. I would listen to him in preference to any other commentator.

He is wrong all the time and hasn't got a clue on some things. Thank god Stephens is there, he's great.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • joelsim
    okgo wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

He is wrong all the time and hasn't got a clue on some things. Thank god Stephens is there, he's great.

He does get a lot wrong but I like his style of commentary, it's infectious and adds to my enjoyment.