Vuelta a Andalucia 2015 *Spoilers*

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,344
    Let's hear it for MY MAN Kudus, hanging with the big boys for a 7th place!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • GC:
    http://www.vueltaandalucia.es/clasifica ... eneral.pdf
    Fat boy Roche useless. Not a surprise.

Hoogerland in 20th!
    Brajkovic nearly 20mins down which is not good.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Cracking race. Bertie imperious, Froome pulling him in slowly. Those 2 and an in-form Nibs and Nairo are head and shoulders above the rest.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I love watching Kennaugh in that British Champs Jersey.

Contador must be battling himself at this stage of the season. His instinct is to constantly attack but the effort he puts in during this early part of the season will surely be catching up with him by the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the Tour.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Milton50 wrote:
    I love watching Kennaugh in that British Champs Jersey.

Contador must be battling himself at this stage of the season. His instinct is to constantly attack but the effort he puts in during this early part of the season will surely be catching up with him by the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the Tour.

Gorgeous. Hope he scores a big win this year. I'm confused by the tactic of pulling the wheels away from a nodding Froome-dog, but long may this lavish spectacle continue. They're nuts to consider tinkering with this classic design.

In this form relative to tier 1 competition - albeit he and Froome are on different programmes - Alberto can win the Giro on one leg and have plenty in reserve for the Tour. He needs to fear reaper Quintana above all.

Where was Wilko?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,166
    Macaloon wrote:
    Gorgeous. Hope he scores a big win this year. I'm confused by the tactic of pulling the wheels away from a nodding Froome-dog, but long may this lavish spectacle continue. They're nuts to consider tinkering with this classic design.
    I think the Sky riders are largely riding their own races. They've got four of the top seven on GC
    Macaloon wrote:
    Where was Wilko?
    6th
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    RichN95 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    I think the Sky riders are largely riding their own races. They've got four of the top seven on GC
    Macaloon wrote:
    Where was Wilko?
    6th

Ta. (Have to mute the buffoon Eurosport pretend is an appropriate voice for the home of cycling).
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    LOL.
    Old Robo Basso back to his best.
    The Tinkoff touch.

Or the ex-Sky staff touch :D

Great stage for the early season, really enjoyed that. Big props for Froome for fighting back, with better team tactics, might've been much closer.

Really hope crashes won't play a part this year, for anyone, but some epic racing.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,011
    Milton50 wrote:

But will it really catch up? A few testing days with (likely) long breaks for recovery - surely this is the best prep?

Is it my imagination or is Fenton getting a bit more respect here? Style of a bag of spanners, but a real three (or even four) way fight looking possible again after last year's injuries.
  • RichN95.
    Arkibal wrote:
    Really hope crashes won't play a part this year, for anyone, but some epic racing.
    Unfortunately the ASO have seen it fit to design an opening few days to maximise nervousness and crash potential. I would be surprised if all of the 'big four' make it to the first mountain.
  • RichN95.
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Style of a bag of spanners, but a real three (or even four) way fight looking possible again after last year's injuries.
    The thing with his style is that while the top half is all over the place, from the waist down he's really quite smooth and really efficient.
  • He still looks terrible and 100% doesn't inspire anyone with it unlike the brilliant Contador who has youngsters (and those not so young) dancing on the pedals on their weekend rides.

I dont like Froome yet I respect his talent and grit on the bike. Tinkoff did a master class on the descent which gave Contador a 10 sec headstart. Add that to the time he lost on the early slopes and he could have easily given in. Instead he put his body into controlled overdrive.

Apparently Nieve had a mechanical just before the start off the climb but still managed to finish 7th. Continues to show why my man is a super talent.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

But will it really catch up? A few testing days with (likely) long breaks for recovery - surely this is the best prep?

Well I guess we'll find out. I agree that he'll walk the Giro but it's still 3,500km in his legs and there's a reason why the Giro-Tour double is very rare. I'm not sure what his race schedule is for this year but he has to pick and choose the efforts he makes pretty carefully.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I'm not sure I can take a whole year of 'my man' race reports. :cry:
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    i dont think either froome or contador look good on a bike . froome is like a nodding dog and contador is bouncing up and down and weaving around . must be awful to ride near. nibs and quintana look much better . just goes to show it,s not how you look it,s how fast you go.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    None of them have anything on Wiggins. His climb up that mountain in Cali was so smooth.

Froome looking good and pacing himself again. It doesn't seem to be live today, any reason why?
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    http://www.sportingvideo.tv/20150218/vv ... 07288.html
    in French, but I'm not searching for an English stream

edit.. it just flipped into English...
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Mad_Malx
    Great finish there.
  • Mad_Malx
    Fenton strikes back
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Wow!
    Froome takes stage by 28 seconds?
    That was an amazing climb.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Thanks for the feed link - cracking last 5km.
  • Mad_Malx
    Last km seemed like five
  • That was brilliant! Best MTF finish in any race for some time
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    What a ride by Froome - real edge-of-seat finish
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    well that wasn't expected.

has the gc been confirmed yet?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,870
    edited February 2015
    Froome (bottom half anyway) looking smooth and Bertie looking like a gorilla wrestling a unicycle.
    Whatever next?
    Have to say I wasn't expecting such a turn of events. Quite the battle.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Last km seemed like five

I think the graphics were wrong so it went on further than expected, as well as being so steep. When they took the graphics away it really added to the nervous tension!
  • Just a word of caution.
    The result is up, but so far they aren't releasing any time.
    I sense some Spanish skullduggery afoot.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.