The Champions League (Mainly Barca) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It was quite good fun pointing out to the Arsenal supporting Argentine bloke in our office that Arsenal were sunk by one of his fellow countrymen :) (He's a good bloke actually, almost felt sorry for him).

Like Chelsea would have got passed Barca over two legs :roll:
    What, like we did in 2012? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It was quite good fun pointing out to the Arsenal supporting Argentine bloke in our office that Arsenal were sunk by one of his fellow countrymen :) (He's a good bloke actually, almost felt sorry for him).

Like Chelsea would have got passed Barca over two legs :roll:
    What, like we did in 2012? :wink:

This is how you do it. 10 men too. And a goalkeeper who could stop Messi.
  • cornerblock
    Or like this? And these are both actual Champions League knockouts, none of your "forerunner to the CL" :lol: nonsense.
  • After only one poor campaign you Chelsea fans already sound like the scousers...constantly referencing past glories rather than debating the present.

Whilst Arsenal got beat they at least played at the maximum of their ability, you could tell Barca always had more available. However if Arsenal played like that every weekend they'd win the league with ease, but that's not in their nature is it, always capable of surrending points to lesser teams when you don't expect it.
  • cornerblock
    Nay, whined on. Something about sounding like scousers.
    The irony.
  • Stevo_666
    After only one poor campaign you Chelsea fans already sound like the scousers...constantly referencing past glories rather than debating the present.

Whilst Arsenal got beat they at least played at the maximum of their ability, you could tell Barca always had more available. However if Arsenal played like that every weekend they'd win the league with ease, but that's not in their nature is it, always capable of surrending points to lesser teams when you don't expect it.
    Hardly the past, after all we are the current Champions :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    ...before MSN.

Chelsea supporters are the new ManYoo supporters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    ...before MSN.

Chelsea supporters are the new ManYoo supporters.
    With the way things are going, Arsenal supporters might become the new Tottenham supporters.
  • pinno
    One slant at Chelsea and their supporters come running out like disturbed woodlice to defend them....
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    After only one poor campaign you Chelsea fans already sound like the scousers...constantly referencing past glories rather than debating the present.

Not on this thread you are not. You won't even be in the competition next year without defying miraculous odds.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    One slant at Chelsea and their supporters come running out like disturbed woodlice to defend them....
    Pipe down and try winning the Champions League for a change :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not on this thread you are not. You won't even be in the competition next year without defying miraculous odds.
    Not sure what you're even doing on this thread given your bunch of losers will be lucky to stay in the Premier League, never mind getting into the Champions League
  • cornerblock
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Now where have I heard that before? Oops there I go again, more Scouse like behaviour. :wink: In their backyard too. "Our City, our Stadium, our Cup" I don't think so!
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Pipe down and try winning the Champions League for a change :wink:

Just like you are not responsible for Chelsea winning the CL once (So did Red Star Belgrade) under its different guises either European Cup or European Champions' Cup or (officially European Champion Clubs' Cup)*. I am not responsible for Arsenal's fortunes so when you say '...try winning the CL for a change" I am bemused. I just support my club and whatever happens, I have no control over it. I would support them even of they were in the Conference.

*Should keep Corner 'post here once in a blue Chelsea moon' block happy.

You'll have to dine on that 1 CL win for years and years... Best win it this year or things are going to be dry on that front until 2018.
  • Stevo_666
  • Stevo_666
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Au revoir Les Blues.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    No CL footie for them next season. No CL footie until 2017 at the earliest.

The bigger picture is dwindling UEFA co-efficient's.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    No Champions League, unlikely to get Europa League, might be worth putting a bet on Chelsea to win the title next year as they'll have nothing else to distract them.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    Chris Bass wrote:
    No Champions League, unlikely to get Europa League, might be worth putting a bet on Chelsea to win the title next year as they'll have nothing else to distract them.

Oh no Chris, ffs, don't say that.

City for the title. Man U relegated. Chelsea bottom half of the table, We get 4th. I really cannot expect more than that, it would be wishful thinking.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    No CL footie for them next season. No CL footie until 2017 at the earliest.
    Been there, done it, got the t-shirt. Be good to have a rest next season :)
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Chris Bass wrote:

Got me thinking how many times a team not in Europe has won it? Don't think it is often...Blackburn? Liverpool came within two games a couple of seasons ago so would Leicester be only the second time since then?
  • pinno
    I'll just interrupt the CL proceedings with the comic interlude of Europa league Chelsea fans may still aspire to it and next season may even comment on it. I'll open a thread for them in time, if it happens.

The Scousers are 2 - 0 up on the shyte MU and Totenham (deliberate missing T) are 3-0 down on their travels. Hee hee.
  • Stevo_666
    Arsenal will get bucketfulls of sympathy when they get spanked by Barca again :)
  • pinno
    I got a bite, I got a bite. I got a bite... Damn, I forgot the landing net... I'll just have to smack it on the head.
  • Stevo_666
  • pinno
    This thing that I have on the line smells fishy and has PMT !!!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    This thing that I have on the line smells fishy and has PMT !!!
    Thought I told you to stop dialling those 0898 numbers?