The Champions League (Mainly Barca) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613
    Just deciding which CL game to watch with my daughter (she plays!) and she said "lets watch the Chelsea game as it could be Jose's last game in charge"

Made me laugh - who knows she might be right.
    Got to be in it to win it :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Job done.

Arsenal go through as well for their traditional quarter final exit :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Encouraging performance I'd say from Chelsea tonight. Bit disappointing flicking between games looking for an upset tonight :D

Had to console ourselves with the Neville brothers introduction to CL football with Valencia - hopefully they will get Man U at some point in the Europa.
  • Encouraging performance I'd say from Chelsea tonight. Bit disappointing ******* between games looking for an upset tonight :D

Had to console ourselves with the Neville brothers introduction to CL football with Valencia - hopefully they will get Man U at some point in the Europa.

What is wrong with the word f l i c k i n g?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just deciding which CL game to watch with my daughter (she plays!) and she said "lets watch the Chelsea game as it could be Jose's last game in charge"

Made me laugh - who knows she might be right.

I really hope not. Mourinho and Chelsea are providing us with proper a christmas panto.
    If he goes, can it be in the new year after they crash out to Hull City in the FA cup.

Aside from that, it's perfect Karma for certain Chelsea fans who have waxed lyrical and rubbed everyone's noses in it for a few seasons now. I couldn't have asked [insert Indian deity responsible for Karma here] for anything more for Christmas.

I'm glad that you bought up the subject of karma - it seems to me that this is, especially at this time of the year and a pro pros of what is happening in the world that we should get in touch with our anja chakra and maybe feel, desire, want, understand and, somehow, be part of the feelings and passions of our fellow football fans, no matter which they club they support, their race, color, creed, age, sexuality, etc.

Apart from Manure fans. They are all scum and should be mocked mercilessly.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    As it's the season of goodwill, I guess it's time to sing our traditional Christmas song for the Arsenal fans :wink:
    https://youtu.be/EbcttjyRT1g
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Wahey, what an escape.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Just a bit of perspective for the Manure fans :lol:

CV0Mrl2WsAIpQhw.jpg
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • pinno
    Does that mean that pound for pound Man U are shyte?
  • Stevo_666
    Does that mean that pound for pound Man U are shyte?
    True, although if you redo the graph to divide income by the number of CL trophies won, it looks much worse for a couple of teams at least :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Hmmm...City get a free pass to the quarters unless they go all 'City' and screw it up. As for Arsenal, well the thread title is quite apt :) Chelsea have a toughie but not as tough as some....
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,974
    Hmmm...City get a free pass to the quarters unless they go all 'City' and screw it up. As for Arsenal, well the thread title is quite apt :) Chelsea have a toughie but not as tough as some....
    Premiership/1st division Champions getting relegated would be special but not unique.
    Champions League winners getting relegated? Now that would be unique!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Arsenal will soon get to focus on the league, probably to lose it but ya know, every little helps
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Premiership/1st division Champions getting relegated would be special but not unique.
    Flakey, remind me again who you support?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,974
    Flakey, remind me again who you support?
    I don't. That's the beauty of football. The supporters are so easily wound up.
    Don't take anything personally. I would say the same for either Manchester teams, Arsenal or Liverpool.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    No problem, at least we know why you're on this thread :wink:
  • pinno
    Squeaky bum time for Chelsea?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I thought I was Arsenals' turn next?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I thought I was Arsenals' turn next?
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow nights clash. Arsene may be wishing he had bid the full £50 mill for Suarez when he had the chance :wink:
  • pinno
    I doubt Arsenal will beat Barca over 2 legs but I hope they put up a really good fight to carry the momentum into the MU game.
    Barca will reach the final. It remains to be seen who joins them.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Fcuk me! The donkeys in the Premier league can't put the ball in from the 6 yard box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HTJ7qFxpG4
  • pinno
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    That's the same vid isn't it?
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I make that two Lionel Messi's.
  • pinno
    I'll post it again and we'll end up with 3. If you want it, watch the first one through and then the next one automatically comes up.
  • Stevo_666
    Is Arsenal ready to assume the position?
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Is Arsenal ready to assume the position?

I think they pencil it into the calendar every August now when the fixture dates are released.
  • pinno
    Flamini is a liability. Giroud has been overshadowed by Welbeck even though he's only been on 10 mins.
  • Stevo_666
    It was quite good fun pointing out to the Arsenal supporting Argentine bloke in our office that Arsenal were sunk by one of his fellow countrymen :) (He's a good bloke actually, almost felt sorry for him).
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It was quite good fun pointing out to the Arsenal supporting Argentine bloke in our office that Arsenal were sunk by one of his fellow countrymen :) (He's a good bloke actually, almost felt sorry for him).

Like Chelsea would have got passed Barca over two legs :roll: