And now Max Iglinskiy done for EPO

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    When's the first decent race of the season? Cos I don't think I can take this sort of thread any longer.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Where does this idea that you have to be winning mouthing top finishes by 5 minutes to be doped come from? After all, the iglinskys were hardly ripping it up this season .
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Do you know, I think our society faces a crisis where no-one will really know what someone else is trying to say due to auto-complete :lol:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Gazzetta give up 38 Dr Ferrari client names contained in the the Padua files:

gMrwRJA.png

No, surely not Roman Kreuziger. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Not ever being a big fan of Italian Cycling, Are there any significant names in there that are a surprising. Only thing I though was that it's disappointing to see some U23 riders there and that I hope that the Masciarellis got a family discount voucher.

I scanned to see of Nibbles or Petacci were there really...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's just a collection of people we already knew about and people we have barely heard of. Nothing particularly surprising.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    Given the names released, Ferrari is going to need a new nickname soon, no? "The Myth" seems completely inappropriate given the vast majority of riders he's been working with are, if we're being generous, jobbing domestiques.
  • Joaquim Rodríguez says that it would be unjust to the riders if the Licence Commission were to deny Astana entry to the WorldTour on Wednesday

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rodrigu ... -be-unfair
    Contador is the Greatest
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    edited December 2014
    Why don't any of the riders ever come out and complain about the situation? The Omerta is still in force methinks.

It is also a consideration that Katusha seem to be implicated in the Padua stuff heavily, albeit we all know it relates to a few years ago.

Aside from Konig and Henderson on the Kreuziger blood values, it has all been very quiet.
  • Joaquim Rodríguez says that it would be unjust to the riders if the Licence Commission were to deny Astana entry to the WorldTour on Wednesday

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rodrigu ... -be-unfair

The clue is in the word "team". If the team management are happy to employ dopers and run the risk of sanctions like this, which lets be honest does seem to be the case with Astana, then they need to be ready for those sanctions to be implemented. It doesn't matter whether it's the fault of the individual or not, the team should be managing those individuals in a manner which rewards their correct behaviour (and results!). The world governing body should also been seen to be offering more support to teams that try and behave correctly, not a bunch of cheats.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • @inrng · 4h 4 hours ago
    L'Equipe says UCI notified Licence Commission that it hasn't got Padova file, Astana's licence to be decided without regard to recent news

@inrng · 48m 48 minutes ago
    Spanish newspaper AS gets hold of Padova file, adds detail on Movistar rider J-J Rojas's links to Ferrari http://ciclismo.as.com/ciclismo/2014/12 ... 60780.html … (Spanish)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    edited December 2014
    Joelsim wrote:
    Why don't any of the riders ever come out and complain about the situation? The Omerta is still in force methinks.

It is also a consideration that Katusha seem to be implicated in the Padua stuff heavily, albeit we all know it relates to a few years ago.

Aside from Konig and Henderson on the Kreuziger blood values, it has all been very quiet.
    Just because someone doesn't get involved in something and just gets on with their own lives, it doesn't mean they endorse it or don't care. It just means they're happy for the revelvant people to deal with it.

How many rallies relating to racism, homophobia or rape etc have you been on? None? Does that mean you endorse them?

As for the word 'Omerta' what do you think that actually means? What are its origins in the sport? It's been around along time - certainly pre-EPO and was used when the existence of doping was kept hidden from the public. Well that cat's well and truely out of the bag.
    Nowadays it's used by (usually anonymous) internet people to describe riders not behaving like ill-informed anonymous internet posters. (And because of that, for me, it's a sign that the person using it isn't worth listening to).
  • joelsim
    But I speak out about any racism, homophobia or rape whenever I hear of something.

Why wouldn't clean riders say something? Wiggo does, but I can't think of many others unless they are answering questions post race.
  • RichN95.
    Joelsim wrote:
    Why wouldn't clean riders say something? Wiggo does, but I can't think of many others unless they are answering questions post race.
    Why would they say something? Why sail voluntarily into a storm? What good would it do?
  • joelsim
    It would at least show that there was a groundswell in the peloton that doping is not acceptable. Comments like Purito's leave me cold. From me thinking he was one of the good guys, I'm now not so sure.

Ekimov thinks Astana shouldn't be refused a WT licence too!
  • joelsim
    Word has it that the UCI still don't have the CONI files and that the decision on Astana may have to be made without them. Odd.
  • joelsim
    Here you go. A summary article. They surely have to have sanctions.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/ast ... of-shadows
  • ddraver
    A book or two on rational thought would do you a lot of good Joel...
    - @ddraver
  • joelsim
    Why is it irrational dd? It's logical.
  • ddraver
    Purito thinks Astana should not be denied a WT licence

Ekimov thinks Astana should not be denied a WT licence

Ekimov Doped

This DOES NOT MEAN that Purito doped
    - @ddraver
  • joelsim
    It doesn't. But he has gone down in my estimation.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    Hold on, you think they are all doping but somehow think Rodriguez, of all people, is clean?

How the f**k does that work?
  • joelsim
    I haven't said all of them are. I have my suspicions which are heightened with certain riders. It wouldn't surprise me if he was a doper but there is a lack of evidence/rumour (that I have seen) on him specifically.

Enlighten me if there is some please.
  • Looks like temporary block was a good idea. Missing a lot of nonsense today.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • joelsim
    Looks like temporary block was a good idea. Missing a lot of nonsense today.

Hooray!
  • joelsim
    Rumours that Bertie's name is coming out soon depending on lawyers.
  • Looks like temporary block was a good idea. Missing a lot of nonsense today.

Your block has been more than temporary. :P :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    edited December 2014
    Joelsim wrote:
    Rumours that Bertie's name is coming out soon depending on lawyers.

Where's this rumour from? Or have you just made it up to wind up FF?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Is there much new here? Certainly I wasn't surprised at most of the names on the list, as they've leaked over the years with the investigations. A few new ones.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.