Rose Owners/Lovers Only Show us your bikes please

Comments

• sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    for those who already have their bikes, did they come without the dreaded dork discs and wheel reflectors?
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • sophidog wrote:
    for those who already have their bikes, did they come without the dreaded dork discs and wheel reflectors?

They aren't dreaded. They are just much ridiculed.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Came without on my utterly excellent CSL.
  • Just got notification that my bike has been dispatched :D
    Moda Prima 2013
    Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
    Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
    Langster SF 2015
  • sophidog wrote:
    Neither fitted on my recent order.
    I was super impressed with the attention to detail on the assembly.
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    GregBoys wrote:
    sophidog wrote:

Same for me. No reflectors or dork discs on either of my Rose bikes.
  • sophidog
    E17Blade wrote:
    GregBoys wrote:
    sophidog wrote:

Same for me. No reflectors or dork discs on either of my Rose bikes.

thanks folks, not ordering mine until early New Year but it's something else that's now sorted. Quite fancy the Ksyrium Elite S wheels, perhaps with the red hubs if Rose will supply them
  • I think mine might have had... but then it has the Easton aero wheels...
  • She arrived on Monday :D Built her up Monday night and had my first ride yesterday. Bit of a change from my normal road bike but soon got used to the new setup ended up doing an extra 10 miles on my commute in. Couple of things I've noticed, sometimes I hit the front wheel with either foot if I try and turn to sharply not a massive issue maybe because of the 54" frame. The brakes on are set up on the European way , only discovered this last night, will get that sorted at the weekend.

Also what size stem did people go for, think mine is a little short as it was the standard Ritchey 4 Axis WTD which I think is only 100mm
    Moda Prima 2013
    Langster SF 2015
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    GiantDance wrote:

Also what size stem did people go for, think mine is a little short as it was the standard Ritchey 4 Axis WTD which I think is only 100mm

I thought that was one of the things you got to specify at time of order with Rose... along with crank length?
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • It was I measured my Giant Defy Advance, which is a medium and that was 100mm stem, just feels on this bike a little small. Might exchange for a 110mm stem
    Moda Prima 2013
    Langster SF 2015
  • dabber
    GiantDance wrote:
    It was I measured my Giant Defy Advance, which is a medium and that was 100mm stem, just feels on this bike a little small. Might exchange for a 110mm stem

In the order process I presume you get to specify via email as I can't see a way to do it on their configurator... is that the way it works? The same with crank length?

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • You should be able to change the stem using the config process. With the Crank length you can add extra details when you go through the order page. During the process they will email to make sure that everything you have asked for is correct.
    Moda Prima 2013
    Langster SF 2015
  • dabber
    Thanks for that.. I could see that you could change to stem but not the length of it in the configurator.... Anyway, as long as it gets covered in the overall ordering process that's all that matters.

• sophidog
    have other buyers had bikes delivered with the brakes the European way round? I'd assumed that Rose would set up the brakes to match the delivery address/country.
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    sophidog wrote:
    have other buyers had bikes delivered with the brakes the European way round? I'd assumed that Rose would set up the brakes to match the delivery address/country.

When you get to the point of order there is an tick box for "front brake right" or "front brake left".

There is also a tick box for "stem up" or "stem down" too.
  • sophidog
    thanks E17Blade, just another 7-8 weeks.....
  • Wish I'd notice the 'Brake' tick box. :?
    Moda Prima 2013
    Langster SF 2015
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    I ordered online then phoned to confirm, they made changes as they'd misinterpreted by order. I recommend phoning them, they'll bend over backwards to assist, their only interest is in having satisfied customers.
  • Agreed - I swapped out my stem as it was too short, process was simple & easy. Just print off a form from the website, take to PO with the old stem, send it off free post. I got the longer stem back in the post a week later.
    They also have a facebook page where they answer queries really fast.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    GiantDance wrote:
    Wish I'd notice the 'Brake' tick box. :?

You sure you want to be re-wrapping the bars on your brand new bike??

Quite a few on here prefer the European braking because of the neater cable routing round the headtube. Ditto to crossing the gear cables under the downtube.

Also means you can more easily front brake and change gear.

I had it on a hire bike in Tenerife and it took me about 90 seconds to get used to it.
  • keef66 wrote:
    GiantDance wrote:
    Wish I'd notice the 'Brake' tick box. :?

You sure you want to be re-wrapping the bars on your brand new bike??

Quite a few on here prefer the European braking because of the neater cable routing round the headtube. Ditto to crossing the gear cables under the downtube.

Also means you can more easily front brake and change gear.

I had it on a hire bike in Tenerife and it took me about 90 seconds to get used to it.

Interesting I've just ordered my Rose with UK spec, might have to reconsider. How is the cable routing neater round the headtube? Can't find pictures of the difference. If I had ordered it with Europe spec I wouldn't be changing it until I'd given it a go.
  • sophidog

does this mean that with British routing the gear cables rub on each other then?
  • Getting the hang of the front brake being on the left.
    Moda Prima 2013
    Langster SF 2015
  • sophidog
    GiantDance
    further to my earlier question, do the gear/brake cables cross over under the bottom bracket in such a way as they might rub on each other? Could decide whether i order British or Euro spec on my GFC....
  • Sorry sophidog been away awhile, will have to check for you for.
    Moda Prima 2013
    Langster SF 2015
  • 3NXPv0.jpg

m9F6ZJ.jpg

XUlwW6.jpg

YRgNXx.jpg
  • Does anyone know where the frame number is on a Rose bike?
    Moda Prima 2013
    Langster SF 2015
  • GiantDance wrote:
    Does anyone know where the frame number is on a Rose bike?

Frame stickers on mine are on the down tube just below the head tube. Turn the bike upside down.
  • Thanks, will take a look.
    Moda Prima 2013
    Langster SF 2015