Last Comments about Scotland... maybe ever...

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    nathancom wrote:
    Have a biscuit

Where's your post gone that quoted me and you said 'Jesus, you are tedious'......nice bit of deleting, I was going to quote it because you nicely confirmed what I'd said yesterday :wink: Shame you deleted it and replaced it with 'have a biscuit'.
    arran77 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Ai_1 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Would we be leaving today because if we were I wouldn't want to be stuck in one of those Scottish shite holes once they close the door on Thursday :wink:
    Besides being a bigot you're also very, very tiresome....

Thank you :mrgreen:

The :wink: should perhaps suggest that it was a light hearted quip :P banter if you will, after all this is the part of the forum where more off topic banter is acceptable :D
    Yeah Arran isn't a bigot.

The difference between you and me (actually I'm sure this isn't the only one) is that I don't take anything here seriously and actually do have a sense of humour.

I love the banter here and I really don't care when it gets slung back my way either......this place is not real life :wink:

What biscuits you got by the way, I've just made a cuppa :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    If you think your post is banter then you really need to work on it dude.

It really is tedious but I didn't particularly care enough to leave the post up.

Brewski it is.
  • arran77
    nathancom wrote:
    If you think your post is banter then you really need to work on it dude.

It really is tedious but I didn't particularly care enough to leave the post up.

Brewski it is.

I'd say it's absolutely banter, but like I said before that's because I really don't take this place seriously at all, it's just a bit of light hearted fun :lol:

I'll continue to practice my banter any time you choose to engage with me :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    still have not understood why the SNP were so unwilling to use the already devolved powers, If they are unwilling to use existing powers why does having more matter?

promising the earth on yet to be negotiated exit terms is not a sound basis on which to drift into independence.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Now if we could be serious for a moment. The average number of hours of sunshine in the UK per annum is 1334 at the moment. If you take Scotland out of the equation that goes up to 1383 hours. So if they decide to go it alone we get 49 hours more sunshine a year.
    Sounds good to me.
  • arran77
    And add to that V68, our annual average rainfall will fall massively too, so we get more sunshine and less rain......win, win I reckon :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:
    And add to that V68, our annual average rainfall will fall massively too, so we get more sunshine and less rain......win, win I reckon :lol:
    Good point. Can we vote them out?
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Good point. Can we vote them out?

Sadly no :roll:

:wink:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Wales gets a lot of rain, get rid of them too and the Republic of England could become the sunshine state of..well, FUK (Former United Kingdom). The poor northerners can lie around in the sun waiting for a job and the rich southern softies can lie around in the sun listening to President Farage on the radio reciting great Hitler speeches from 1929-1944.

Meanwhile in independent Scotland, unemployment will be at an all time low as people get together to build a giant pipeline to supply The FUK Republic with water just as soon as they pay the right price.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    One thing is for certain. Salmonds crowning glory come Friday morning, whatever the outcome, will have been to make miserable half the people in the country he purports to love. He should be proud of himself.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pina, I respect you for coming on here and explaining your thought process. If. as I still feel unlikely, there is a YES vote you will be 2/3 happy.
    Trident would be moved eventually and you wouldn't have to worry about UKIP.
    BUT you would be devastated to find yourself outside the EU. There is a touch of irony there.
    I'm stocking up on whisky tomorrow. As soon as Scotland drops out of the EU, import duty will apply on all Scottish products entering the EU (including England). That's £11-odd of excise duty per litre and 20% VAT on top of the whole lot.

Whoops.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pina, I respect you for coming on here and explaining your thought process. If. as I still feel unlikely, there is a YES vote you will be 2/3 happy.
    Trident would be moved eventually and you wouldn't have to worry about UKIP.
    BUT you would be devastated to find yourself outside the EU. There is a touch of irony there.
    I'm stocking up on whisky tomorrow. As soon as Scotland drops out of the EU, import duty will apply on all Scottish products entering the EU (including England). That's £11-odd of excise duty per litre and 20% VAT on top of the whole lot.

Whoops.

Whiskey all round then. :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Whisky or Whiskey ?:

"The spelling of whisky, or whiskey, differs geographically. As a rule, American and Irish prefer ‘whiskey’ and the Scots, Canadians and the rest of the world’s single malt makers prefer ‘whisky’. This originated during the 19th century. For in around 1870, Scotch whisky was of very low quality, much of it being distilled poorly in Coffey stills. For exportation to America, the Irish distillers wanted to differentiate their product from the poorer Scotch whisky, thus they added the ‘e’ to mark the crucial distinction. "
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    Whisky or Whiskey ?:

"The spelling of whisky, or whiskey, differs geographically. As a rule, American and Irish prefer ‘whiskey’ and the Scots, Canadians and the rest of the world’s single malt makers prefer ‘whisky’. This originated during the 19th century. For in around 1870, Scotch whisky was of very low quality, much of it being distilled poorly in Coffey stills. For exportation to America, the Irish distillers wanted to differentiate their product from the poorer Scotch whisky, thus they added the ‘e’ to mark the crucial distinction. "

Whiskey for me. The 'e' was deliberate.
  • ballysmate
    I recommend Irish whiskey.
    It is triple distilled as opposed to whisky (only twice) and has a smoother finish.
    Go on. Give it a try.
    Oh don't forget award winning Japanese whisky. If it is advertised by arch nat, Connery, it can't be bad.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    #bushmills all the way.
    Living MY dream.
  • I'm a bourbon man personally. Four Roses single barrel or a bottle of Eagle Rare. The Scots can keep theirs.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I'm a bourbon man personally. Four Roses single barrel or a bottle of Eagle Rare. The Scots can keep theirs.
    That's a bit like saying "Whisky? Naw, I prefer Pepsi"
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Whisky or Whiskey ?:

Whiskey for me. The 'e' was deliberate.

Quite right Bally San :wink:

The 'e' is very important, these people didn't sing about whisky did they :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5WgYoRCs2U

Plus good old Waitrose used Whiskey in a Jar for one of their adverts and seeing as how they say they'll put Scottish prices up after today it's whiskey all the way :P

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Ballysmate wrote:
    It is triple distilled as opposed to whisky (only twice) and has a smoother finish.
    Go on. Give it a try.
    Oh don't forget award winning Japanese whisky. If it is advertised by arch nat, Connery, it can't be bad.
    VTech wrote:
    #bushmills all the way.
    Too true. The Irish invented whiskey, the original and the best :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    arran77 wrote:
    Plus good old Waitrose used Whiskey in a Jar for one of their adverts and seeing as how they say they'll put Scottish prices up after today it's whiskey all the way :P
    I know this is supposed to be banter, but the earliest Scotland will be independent is May 2016. Not tomorrow.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Go on. Give it a try.
    VTech wrote:
    #bushmills all the way.

seanoconn :shock:

Top o the mornin to ya :D

To what to we owe this great honour :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Go on. Give it a try.
    VTech wrote:
    #bushmills all the way.

Boredom :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Go on. Give it a try.
    VTech wrote:
    #bushmills all the way.

Boredom :lol:

:lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    PBlakeney wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    I know this is supposed to be banter, but the earliest Scotland will be independent is May 2016. Not tomorrow.
    Did you have to pee on our chips? :wink:
    Regarding Whiskey I was once asked the difference between Irish and Scotch by a young lad serving in a pub. Told him Irish had an e in it and his eyes opened wide and he said "Wow! Reeeaaally?" He was quite disappointed when I told him it was in the spelling. Tullamore Dew is what caused him to ask, lovely stuff.
  • ballysmate
    And they can stick their scotch eggs up their ar5e!
    I'm starting a boycott. :lol:
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:

Picnic eggs if you please Bally :roll:

bVCXvc.jpg

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Picnic eggs if you please Bally :roll:

bVCXvc.jpg

They are ok. Plus they bear the Union flag.
  • ballysmate
    Beef broth for me in future. Or maybe Irish stew.
  • ballysmate
    I see Andy Murray has ended the debate. He is a Jock tw@t and not British after all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -view.html