Last Comments about Scotland... maybe ever...

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited September 2014 in The cake stop
As they ready themselves to depart from the Union is there anything we need to say before they leave...

I for one am not going to go to Scotland again... and you can keep your Lochs and Ironman-Bru ... and your women

no offence...

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    RideOnTime wrote:
    As they ready themselves to depart from the Union is there anything we need to say before they leave...

Good riddance and fuck off :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    It'll make life a lot easier for those wanting to do an end to end ride. Lands End to Hadrians Wall is a lot easier.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Hurry up and get on with it (or quit moaning if you decide to stay).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Just a thought, can we please make sure that Piña is north of the border before they close the gates, we don't want to be stuck with him down here :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Just so long as Orkney Dark Island is still available down here they can all go choke on their Haggis.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    arran77 wrote:
    Just a thought, can we please make sure that Piña is north of the border before they close the gates, we don't want to be stuck with him down here :lol:
    All we need to do is put toll booths on all the border crossings - nobody will ever come through them southbound, especially you know who :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    All we need to do is put toll booths on all the border crossings - nobody will ever come through them southbound, especially you know who :wink:

:lol:

seanoconn
  • Quick thought, who gets Berwick upon Tweed?
  • arran77
    Quick thought, who gets Berwick upon Tweed?

Is it a decent sort of a place? If not the jocks can have it :wink:

seanoconn
  • If I have lent any DVDs or books to Scottish people, please can I have them back before you all become wildlings. Cheers.
    tick - tick - tick
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Will this result in a price increase in Harris Tweed slippers?
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • arran77
    simonhead wrote:

That's not going to bother me for a good few years yet Grandad :P

seanoconn
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    RideOnTime wrote:
    I for one am not going to go to Scotland again... and you can keep your Lochs and Ironman-Bru ... and your women

Hurray. Another less Englander to worry about using our roads and scenery.
  • and keep your Buckfast too!
  • arran77
    Navrig2 wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:

And one less Scotsman bastardizing the English language :P

seanoconn
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    and keep your Buckfast too!
    I trust that was an attempt at humour?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • navrig2
    arran77 wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:

And one less Scotsman bastardizing the English language :P

Bastardising, if you please.

Americans are the vulgar ones who use the Z version of these words.
  • navrig2

http://www.buckfast.org.uk/
    which line the banks of the river Dart in this Devonshire valley

More likely ignorance than humour.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    simonhead wrote:

If they sell them in Asda, yes.
  • Navrig2 wrote:

Definitely ignorance, this referendum does bring that out in all of us. However in my defence it always seems to be linked with Scottish Neds, more popular in Lanarkshire than most other places I believe.

Seems i don't know my own country and you are never too old to learn. Courtesy of the referendum in this case.
  • navrig2
    Navrig2 wrote:

Definitely ignorance, this referendum does bring that out in all of us. However in my defence it always seems to be linked with Scottish Neds, more popular in Lanarkshire than most other places I believe.

Seems i don't know my own country and you are never too old to learn. Courtesy of the referendum in this case.

Unfortunately you are correct in reference to Scottish neds and their preferred choice of beverage.

Interestingly the manufacturer of said beverage, J Chandler Ltd, no longer have an online presence and no longer publish email addresses for their employees. I understand this to be as a result of the abuse they have received from people complaining about them targetting sales at the central belt of Scotland. The Buckfast Abbey gives a snail mail address and a Google search doesn't reveal any websites etc.
  • And the Abbey's website doesn't have anything to do with Buckies prominently displayed.

BTW What is it like? I have the idea it is a kind of sweet alcopop but they call it a tonic wine.
  • Very sweet with greater viscosity than normal wine.
  • navrig2
    Sweet and sickly with a passing resemblance to cough mixture..... vomit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Buckfast, Concorde, MD 20/20, Irn Bru and vodka - we don't give a monkeys.

There used to be a joke around here before BACS's took over:

"What's green and gets you drunk?"
    "Yer Giro".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    When John Lewis and Waitrose put their prices up north of the border are you lot going to retaliate?

My children are quite partial to Waitrose Scotch Pancakes for breakfast and I'm trying to decide if you're going to increase you're prices before selling them to Waitrose? If so I might stock up before Thursday :wink:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I'm at a Trade Show in Frankfurt right now and the consensus here is how stupid we are for breaking up a once strong union. I guess it's easy to have our own opinions without looking outside of the box. We are a laughing stock to the world right now.

As I looked out of the hotel last night my and my mate chatted about how you could see factories working in the distance and how manufacturing is on a boost in Europe yet in the uk it's almost at a standstill.
    I guess at least when the big corporates are looking for cheap land and employees they will have that available in Scotland !
    Living MY dream.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    Just think, the weather reports will be shorter!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    I think we should replace Scotland with something else, i hereby propose that we offer a hand of friendship to Kazakhstan, give them the opportunity to be part of Great Britain as long as the population all add a Mc at the beginning of their name.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • VTech wrote:
    I guess at least when the big corporates are looking for cheap land and employees they will have that available in Scotland !

Therebye avoiding England. So why exactly, if this were to be the case, is it a bad thing? You really are a fud.