Vuelta 2014 Stage 11 *SPOILERS*

12346»

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    094-PIC491681380.jpg

The big bean photo bombs Alberto.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    menthel wrote:
    SPTDW1039.jpg

He really isn't very good at hide and seek.
    He's having a siesta.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Contador had blue, then yellow then red tape on his knee. Why? Does each tape have different properties?

094-PIC491681380.jpg

Yes they do, but what's more incredible is that the properties needed on this day have coincided with the colour of the jersey being worn :roll:
  • Big Mig looking good for an oldie!
  • RichN95.
    Big Mig looking good for an oldie!
    He's not that old. Only seven years older than Chris Horner.
  • That makes him what, 68?
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Big Mig looking good for an oldie!
    He's not that old. Only seven years older than Chris Horner.

Other than being a tad above optimum weight for a pro, he looks a lot better than Horner - tanned, healthy, living deity etc. What's not to like? :)
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    What's not to like? :)

The bloke he's stood next to
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • I'm loving the quote from Morabito's doctor -

""Fortunately, nothing is broken, his shoulder was also dislocated, but he was able to relocate it out on the road."

It's nothing really... his shoulder was dislocated, but as anyone would do, he just popped it back into place :-)
  • RichN95.
    I'm loving the quote from Morabito's doctor -

""Fortunately, nothing is broken, his shoulder was also dislocated, but he was able to relocate it out on the road."

It's nothing really... his shoulder was dislocated, but as anyone would do, he just popped it back into place :-)
    As someone who has dislocated my shoulder on a stupid number of occasions - sometimes they pop back in pretty easily without even really trying. Sometimes it takes four hospital workers twenty minutes.

I'm deciding which one of these personal antedotes to use in isolation to illustrate a universal standard and therefore show whether BMC are lying or telling the truth.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Other than being a tad above optimum weight for a pro

Which is more than you can say about Lemond
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    Contador had blue, then yellow then red tape on his knee. Why? Does each tape have different properties?
    They do different varieties of f**k all, yes.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Tom Dean wrote:
    They do different varieties of f**k all, yes.

Even the creator has to admit there is no medical benefit to the tape.

I suppose yellow and blue are team colors. and Red, was that only when he had the top?
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Nice detached and relaxed view from the wee man

“Don’t worry, I’m fine,” Quintana said. “It’s ok, it’s just a collarbone injury and in a two weeks I should be recovered.”

The Colombian also posted on his Twitter account on Wednesday evening, confirming that his 2014 season has come to an end. “That’s cycling and that’s life, falling and getting up,” Quintana wrote. “Thanks be to God, I’ll keep racing and giving everything. Now I have surgery and then I’ll think about 2015.”
  • tonyf34
    tonyf34 Posts: 194
    Didn't look like that bad an injury to me, the doc at the side of the road was digging his fingers into Quintana's shoulder hard enough without him wincing in the slightest so he certainly hasn't torn anything and not by the way he was(n't) holding his arm as he walked back.

His 'faked' screwed up in loads of pain face was a dead giveaway and yes I've torn my ligaments/muscles and dislocated my shoulder in a high speed crash..his wasn't the sight of someone with an injury to retire from IMO..his mileage obviously varied & probably just wanted out of it and this was as good an opportunity to do so..
  • dsoutar wrote:
    Other than being a tad above optimum weight for a pro

Which is more than you can say about Lemond

No comment!

Big Mig looks like he could still turn out a mean TT and dish out some punishment uphill!
  • I was hoping Nibali would have congratulated Aru on twitter. He didn't.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    I was hoping Nibali would have congratulated Aru on twitter. He didn't.
    Maybe he just sent him a text.
  • I was hoping Nibali would have congratulated Aru on twitter. He didn't.

My god, the things you find to worry about....
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382

My god, the things you find to worry about....

I've got this image now of FF furiously hitting F5 on Nibali's twitter page :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Ooh, is this the new Wiggins - Froome / Armstrong - Contador / Hinault - Lemond now? :roll:
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    RichN95 wrote:
    Maybe he just sent him a text.

Might Nibali even have used umm, that, umm, what is it, umm, oh yeah, his voice, yeah, yeah, he might have used a telephone and actually spoken some words to the person concerned in real-time.
    Maybe he didn't but it is not quite important enough to get even a teensie bit worked up about no ?
  • RichN95.
    andyrr wrote:
    Might Nibali even have used umm, that, umm, what is it, umm, oh yeah, his voice, yeah, yeah, he might have used a telephone and actually spoken some words to the person concerned in real-time.
    Can phones do that? Is that a new app?
  • “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Interesting. They really need to sort these bloody motos out.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    In the aftermath, it looks like quite a few riders on the ground are ahead of the moto, so it may be a little hasty to blame the motorcyclist (presumably Hesjedal).
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    +1
    Looks to me like the motorbike was brought down by the riders.

You can see him riding one-handed then he sees the crash and tries to avoid it but he's down.

Who's the bloke on the Scott? He's at the front of the pile...
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • RichN95 wrote:
    In the aftermath, it looks like quite a few riders on the ground are ahead of the moto, so it may be a little hasty to blame the motorcyclist (presumably Hesjedal).

Well,there is a question mark to the headline.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!