Vuelta 2014 Stage 11 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Interesting Sky team tactics... how to drop your own leader... ridiculous...
    left the forum March 2023
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Though cataldo still setting the pace so maybe sandbagging?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    My man warren goes. Too early for my liking.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Bikeradar sort your forum out.

Cataldo at the front drilling when Froome is off the back. Need to sort out their tactics. Do not see Nieve in that group but see most of the others. Not as hard as I was expecting. 6ks 20 odd and fast pace.

Barguil attacks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    6K to go Barguil attacks.
  • Gesink goes. Those two with 100m.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • If the others do not capitalize on Froome's suffering here then they have majorly failed.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    I'm hoping that's a tactical mice back to pelotob by barguil
  • Barguil caught, Gesink still out. 5ks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gesink moving nicely atm and has 10secs. 5ks. Do not like this climb - way too easy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Froome reaching into his pain cave nicely here and is holding on. Gesink at 20km/h with 4k and 20secs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Gesink moving nicely atm and has 10secs. 5ks. Do not like this climb - way too easy.

Eh? This is one of the false flats. Most of the km are 8%+

Purito has some decent team mates with him.
  • milton50
    Dan Martin attacks and gets a few seconds gap. Froome is struggling to hang on.
  • Navarro attacks but doesnt get far. Dan Martin goes and Contador covers with Valverde in his wheel. All together, Martin goes again, gap, Navarro covers.

Froome off the back but fighting valiantly. Chaves slipping. MTN rider in there.

14% comes in 500m or so.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    Froome back in
  • Dan Martin solo with 50m. Gesink still smashing it out with 15secs to Martin.

Still 10 riders left together.

Froome recovers! What a boss ride.

No moves. Sh*t.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    Froome attacks
  • The_Boy
    Spanish armada counters
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Contador class.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • milton50
    Contador goes. Valv and J Rod able to follow.
  • Froome bluffing?
  • milton50
    J Rod can't lose this from here.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    edited September 2014
    Delete.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • The_Boy
    Aru for the stage by the looks of things. Froome still just about hanging in
  • milton50
    They're going to give Aru the stage. Nicely timed attack.
  • Aru attacking like a man possessed at the end. Superb from him not to be sacred. Excellent win.

The others should be ashamed. Good to see Navarro right in there - he is never scared to make a move either. Contador looked like he has lots in the tank so not sure what he was waiting for. As per 2012 Vuelta, JRod, Valv and he arrive at the finish together.

Froome the winner of the day. Rides like that sort the men from the boys. You can't win Grand Tours if you do not know how to suffer. Do not like him too much but the boy is one of the best suffer riders in the pro peloton.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    Barguil takes a packet by the looks of things.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Borat takes the win. Nothing much between the rest of them, plenty of little digs made, surprising by Froome, good to see him still amongst it after losing Quintana earlier.
  • After all that, not a second between them.

Astana now have the two best GT riders in the world.
    Amazing what the odd letter from Vino can do. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • milton50
    Quite an odd stage but Froome's performance could be a massive positive for the race. If he can ride himself into some proper form by the 3rd week then maybe the race is still up for grabs.