Vuelta 2014 Stage 10 *Spoilers*

1235»

Comments

• That'll teach him to complain on camera about Spanish roads:
    http://cyclingquotes.com/news/cancellar ... _drafting/
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    That'll teach him to complain on camera about Spanish roads:

What / who the hell was he drafting ? I presume his minute man ?
  • Sensational stage! One of the best TT's I've seen for a while, but I still feel asleep just as Froome started his ride, and was rudely awoken by Quintana crashing. His seat came clean off! I hope he starts tomorrow, and can still light it up on the climbs, rather than supporting Valverde. Contador certainly won't sit back and watch, he's still going to attack and put even more time into everyone else.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert · 1h
    Norfolk's Tony Martin wins the downhill outdoor solo timed trial but it was a bad day for Sir Froome, who forgot to ride at the right speed.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • BwijyyvCYAA05kP.jpg:large

BwijyuzCUAAnpLF.jpg:large

Bwid0qeCUAAJlNy.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Contador is something special
  • dsoutar wrote:

Highlights show just said it was a motorcycle
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    dsoutar wrote:
    Incidentally, whilst we're on that subject, when did AC last have a really bad day (crashes and / or mechanicals excluded) ? I can't remember one off the top of my head but as the unofficial ACFC general secretary you of all people ought to know. Just curious tbh

2013 Tour he looked poor on a few stages, losing 2m28s to Quintana on Stage 20 to Annecy and other stages, but this Contador looks like the pre-doping one
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    I wasn't on here much between the Tour and Vuelta. Was there some clarification on Contador's leg injury I missed in between? Presume it turned out it wasn't a break? Impressive performance today.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Quintana saying his brakes failed... looked like he just set up on the wrong side of the road to me. And not sure how you lock up your back wheel with failed brakes!
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    edited September 2014
    Contador is something special

Beautiful teeth. Amazing spirit to get to this level after a poor 2013.

Froome saying he went out too fast, which I took to mean in his current condition. Is he compromised by lost condition from the Tour injuries?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574

Fabian is so annoying nowadays.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    dsoutar wrote:

Surely that's the moto's fault!?
  • curium wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:

Not really the onus is on the rider to not draft & in TT's they are pretty hot on it.

No footage shown though so hard to make a comment of my own opinion & only repeating what the highlights said.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Is the rumour that Quintana's expression still didn't change as he hit the tarmac true? :D
  • curium wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:

Not really the onus is on the rider to not draft & in TT's they are pretty hot on it.

No footage shown though so hard to make a comment of my own opinion & only repeating what the highlights said.

Not the motorbike, not even Ryder's motorbike, but his mate, Popovych, on a Trek. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • r0bh wrote:
    Quintana saying his brakes failed... looked like he just set up on the wrong side of the road to me. And not sure how you lock up your back wheel with failed brakes!

He is now saying he 'over-breaked'.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TWH that Martin shot is amazing. The guy leaves absolutely everything on the road. Knows how to reach into the pain cave like Hinault. Simply untouchable quality.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72 wrote:

Typo quite funny.

Also note to Contador disbelievers, see Feltrin's response to iain. You and he will get told to look at the TDF Dr's report on Contador. The guy is fuoriclasse; just accept it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomasmc wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:
    We have hardly touched the mountains yet (there are 6 to come). Anything can happen.

Would be great if it did but I can't remember when AC last had a bad day and the other contenders aren't going to pull back that much time

Incidentally, whilst we're on that subject, when did AC last have a really bad day (crashes and / or mechanicals excluded) ? I can't remember one off the top of my head but as the unofficial ACFC general secretary you of all people ought to know. Just curious tbh

Paris Nice (09 I think) stands out for me

Yes I was going to post this as an example of a major off day. The following stage was dramatic.

Tour last year wasnt really an off day just under par. He still ppaced highly though and would have placed higher had he not raced aggressively.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    You could argue that Stage 5 of this year's Tour was an off day, losing 2m 35 to Nibali. However, there are very special circumstances as to why in that stage!
  • Agree with the "anything can happen" argument. There are still some serious contenders close enough that Contador could have his work cut out - his team doesn't look to the strongest Tinkoff line up we've seen and Contador looks to be in decent but not invincible form.

Hopefully Quintana is not giving up on his GC ambitions - Movistar riding for the podium for Valverde would really kill the race especially if Froome's doesn't have the form.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    edited September 2014
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    .. someone hacked my account :P
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Photo by Ivan Aguinaga
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Bert didn't look too clever at the '11 Tour - he got dropped by a relentless Evans chasing Schleck on the Galibier stage...
  • Photo by Ivan Aguinaga

23 years old you say...... :shock:
  • 2013- Won by a Veteran with hardly a race day in his legs all season
    2014- Likely to be won by a guy with a broken leg

The Vuelta the tour of fairy tales/dust

:)
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    2013- Won by a Veteran with hardly a race day in his legs all season
    2014- Likely to be won by a guy with a broken leg

The Vuelta the tour of fairy tales/dust

:)

It's the greatest story: "Lo, on the 3rd GT..."
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.