Tour de France:- Stage 14: Grenoble - Risoul *Spoiler*

Comments

• Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Nibs - team shorts, no tarty yellow bike. JRod - team shorts. Refreshing.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    edited July 2014
    I don't remember Macaloon being so down on Sky in previous years.

I think I was suggesting that Kim Terrorson wasn't all that last year too. Since then he's retarded the careers of Henao, Porte and Kennaugh, and failed to prevent Froome suffering the predictable damage of a Tour win. Add the 2013 Worlds to the 2014 Giro debacle and the results match the dismal performances.

I suspect he's untouchable because credible alternatives have tarnished histories.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Love the composition of that break. Really hope and think it could hold out.

De Marchi AGAIN!

JRod maybe but I reckon Nieve is better than him. Riblon needs a win to justify his job but has not done well so far.

Roche and Majka is good but boring Myka certainly needs to put his ugly nose in the wind.

Yates is good and has been talking of mountain opportunities.

I hope Taaramae shows his Turkey form - would have expected him yo do better this Tour but not sure if he has suffered crashes or mechanicals.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • OPQS
    OPQS Posts: 187
    Great pic.

As much as I don't want to wish ill on anyone, if Nibali was to retire today, it'd be bloody brilliant for the race.

Agreed. But it would also be complete chaos. Good viewing, but not great for the riders.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Nice big dam there.
  • frenchfighter
    Oh look rain :roll:

Didnt realise Nibali took the polka dot jersey yesterday. Joaquim needs to really up his game given Nibali is almost certain to win any summit finish where a break doesnt succeed.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    The_Boy wrote:
    Why is modolo's name on a white background?
    1st rider out?

Just seen a short of riblon. Number on a yellow background (team classification) with name on a white background. Presumably would have been same for modolo. Mystery solved.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Oh look rain :roll:

Are you actually rolling your eyes at the weather?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • OPQS
    I've just noticed - the podium girl (maillot jaune) who refused to kiss Nibali seems to have been replaced.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Nice big dam there.

That's ten dam
  • OPQS
    Joelsim wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Nice big dam there.

That's ten dam

He's here all week folks! :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    OPQS wrote:
    I've just noticed - the podium girl (maillot jaune) who refused to kiss Nibali seems to have been replaced.

Good. I never understood that - each time I have seen it since they have kissed. But then I havent watched all of them so maybe its just for some.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Cavendish is training again after only 5 days. 3x1 hr sessions indoors while watching Game of Thrones.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    OPQS wrote:

Good. I never understood that - each time I have seen it since they have kissed. But then I havent watched all of them so maybe its just for some.

I've never understood why stage racers allow anyone near their trashed immune systems at the end of a stage. But I'm a bit Howard Hughes when it comes to even shaking hands.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    OPQS wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Nice big dam there.

That's ten dam

He's here all week folks! :wink:

You're right. Knew it was a particularly poor gag when I posted it. Oh well...
  • Young Mr.Yates in an all day break on a Saturday? Standard.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    The most exciting thing so far, just happened.
    Demare climbs off to take a dump in a bloke's camper! :lol:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    One of the riders just went into a camper van at the side of the road. Either for a poop or a cup of tea. Maybe both. Very random anyway.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,396
    edited July 2014
    Anyone think the happy camper won't be flushing out his portaloo now?! :lol:
    He'll be ordering a big jar with a decent seal on the lid for when he gets home.
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Anyone think the hppy camper won't be flushing out his portaloo now?! :lol:

Maybe he'll give them a bidon to keep their 'souvenir' in.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    The most exciting thing so far, just happened.
    Demare climbs off to take a dump in a bloke's camper! :lol:

OK I didn't imagine it. That has made my Tour that has.
    Correlation is not causation.
    edited July 2014
    Anyone able to do us a GIF of the said incident?

edit: To be clear, just him going into the camper rather than the actual event in question.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,396
    There were about 3 vans parked in a row - what made him go for THAT particular one?
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    There were about 3 vans parked in a row - what made him go for THAT particular one?

The others were ladies and disabled?
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    type:epyt wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:

I think he took the man for a French speaker due to the very large French flag he had fluttering from his roof. Either that or he only pees or poops in loos underneath the colour's of his national champs jersey?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Be careful if you see a pro team cycling cap in the woods a few metres from the road they've raced along.
    edited July 2014
    type:epyt wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:

I think he took the man for a French speaker due to the very large French flag he had fluttering from his roof. Either that or he only pees or poops in loos underneath the colour's of his national champs jersey?

Surely this is what he would have been looking for:

c1af0e1745bc8657a7b14eaf39860a31.jpg

Or perhaps the traditional 'brown bear'
    9fc616fd8cbf528a7d27ac3646acf179.jpg
  • narbs
    narbs Posts: 593
    Lovely family of horses looking on.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    OPQS wrote:
    I thought she moved to collect his lion? After she presented him with it they kissed.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Yates looking less twitchy on the descent than JRod
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition