Tour de France Stage 3 Cambridge-Londres *Spoiler*

Comments

• pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I hope Kittel gives Ji Cheng a big old hug!
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • pottssteve wrote:
    I hope Kittel gives Ji Cheng a big old hug!
    :lol:
  • mulletmaster
    mulletmaster Posts: 502
    It was as much as they could do to hold his wheel never mind actually come round Kittel. He his undisputed heavyweight sprint champ now. Only gimmicks and bad luck will see anyone else win the sprint stages.
  • d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    It was as much as they could do to hold his wheel never mind actually come round Kittel. He his undisputed heavyweight sprint champ now. Only gimmicks and bad luck will see anyone else win the sprint stages.

Greipal must be so cheesed off about this. It looked as if he was about to get the better of Cav last year, then Kittel turns up and destroys the lot of them.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Konig and Pinot come in a minute down - but probably due to the crash near the end so they'll get it back I expect.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Mourinho!!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Jerseys after the British Stages -

Yellow Jersey: Nibali
    Green Jersey: Sagan
    Polka Dot Jersey: Lemoine
    White jersey: Sagan
  • tom3
    tom3 Posts: 287

I think you are right. I also think we have sadly seen the best of Cav. A real shame to be honest as both should be in the prime of their life and battling it out. Or is 25/26 a sprinters peak.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    RichN95 wrote:
    Konig and Pinot come in a minute down - but probably due to the crash near the end so they'll get it back I expect.

Hope Konig is OK, he's in my Velogames squad!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    Pross wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Hope Konig is OK, he's in my Velogames squad!

My stint at the top of the league will be over, this evening. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Froome making cliched comment about British weather, what would he know :wink:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    There's a man on Eurosport wearing orange trousers.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    RichN95 wrote:

Rick?
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Pross wrote:
    Froome making cliched comment about British weather, what would he know :wink:

and cracking a funny about being all shook up on the cobbles.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    That stage was a bit meh if I'm honest. It would have been more exciting if Kittel had any competition. The man is immense.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • pottssteve
    He could be in with a chance tomorrow as well. Not too lumpy and a flat last 5km. I've ridden around there and if there's a breeze it's usually from the west so it could be a fast stage. Quite short at 163km, too.

Vino being interviewed on LeMond on Tour. He looks very young - maybe all the drugs have delayed the ageing process?
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:

That's Stefano. Ask DeVlaeminck for more info, they're urinal neighbours.
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    Gutted for Andy Schleck.
    Vino is cool.
    London looks depressing.
    I hope Nibali can hold on to yellow.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • pottssteve
    Orange trouser man now sucking up to Vino and LeMond....Why doesn't he ask him how he won the Olympic gold?!
  • above_the_cows
    pottssteve wrote:
    Orange trouser man now sucking up to Vino and LeMond....Why doesn't he ask him how he won the Olympic gold?!

Because he does;t want to get shot in the back of the head by a member of Kazakh Special Forces when getting into a lift.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve wrote:

Because he does;t want to get shot in the back of the head by a member of Kazakh Special Forces when getting into a lift.

Is most probably the correct answer......
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    It's a shame we didn't see the Cavendish-Kittel showdown but you have to say Kittel is a few levels above the rest of the world when it comes to flat sprints this year.

It definitely looks like Cavendish has started the post-peak phase of his career.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    RichN95 wrote:

That's Stefano. Ask DeVlaeminck for more info, they're urinal neighbours.

I wont hear a word said against him.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    I am in that there London.

After Yorkshire the atmosphere here is like the proverbial cart after Yorkshire's Lord Mayors show.

Ok there was lots and lots of people, but no joy. No love.

It was my first ever big city stage, so maybe there was a lack of atmosphere because they hadn't had to make a huge effort to see it. Gimmee a KOM area any day of the week.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Just watched it, bit disappointed in Stefano there, he's let me down with those trousers.

Great win but relatively little opposition today - Demare and Greipel didn't get to sprint and hopefully they'll get a clean run in the stages to come. Not sure how we can write Cav off on the basis of losing a race he wasn't in, sure Kittel looks great but as I say he had it all his own way today.

The spectator that caused the Schleck crash really is an idiot, I don't hope that they are hurt but I wouldn't object if their camera/phone is smashed to bits.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Well that was amazing. We were stood about 150m to go and the speed they came past us was incredible. Amazing athletes. Our boys loved it and have each came home with goodies from the TdF shop. A really nice afternoon! :mrgreen:
  • MartinB2444
    MartinB2444 Posts: 266
    The Giant Shimano team are completely bossing the lead out trains. Makes Kittel's job that bit easier (which he hardly needs !)
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    The Giant Shimano team are completely bossing the lead out trains. Makes Kittel's job that bit easier (which he hardly needs !)

Hang on - what's this!!!

Marcel Kittel ‏@marcelkittel 5m
    Big disaster at the airport in London: my hair gel did not make it through the security check... :P

Br9QPRqIAAAfT56.jpg

Probably shouldn't be taking pictures of said security check either :wink:
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Really pleased Renshaw managed to secure 3rd - a great result for him and OPQS.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Just got back! Had a fantastic view opposite the O2 on Lea Bridge flyover, hardly any crowd, but got completely pished on as the peloton came by. Still had a great time, and rode back through an empty Limehouse link on my bike, surreal!