Tour de France Stage 3 Cambridge-Londres *Spoiler*

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    You may yet have another chance then! Good luck! :)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Ha ha. Lets hope so :P
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    type:epyt wrote:
    Aren't banners for student demo's?

Road/Chalk is for cycling fans.
    Tornado Tom Frits, Dirk Hofman and Luc disagree.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    edited July 2014
    I think I defeaned my wife shouting for Contador when they came past and waving my banner. Contador had an ear to ear grin at that point, no word of a lie.

Sky team car came past later and I had my banner in full view for them.

This banner needs its own thread. And a pic. Heavyweight support soldier.

As for the stage, they need to derail the Giant train before it fires up 3km out. A good start would be Lotto not pulling from 30km. Let's see how good Kittel is with a tired train. (Not that he's not likely to be outstanding but it shouldn't be that easy.)
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • TMR
    Macaloon wrote:
    I think I defeaned my wife shouting for Contador when they came past and waving my banner. Contador had an ear to ear grin at that point, no word of a lie.

Sky team car came past later and I had my banner in full view for them.

This banner needs its own thread. And a pic. Heavyweight support soldier.

:)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Pick them then ddraver. Dont take all evening either.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    FF wasn't the only one to make a sign to show Contador.
  • TMR

That is cobblers Frenchie! But it's very good cobblers! Très bon mon ami :mrgreen:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Pretty sure i saw Frenchie on the coverage

Did a quick screen cap

E35.jpg
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    ^lol

Trying to post a photo if I can sort it out on the mobile...
    TMR wrote:

That is cobblers Frenchie! But it's very good cobblers! Très bon mon ami :mrgreen:

I promise you it isn't...he could have been smiling about something else I suppose. Every other rider I eyeballed was grimacing or in the zone.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    I promise you it isn't...he could have been smiling about something else I suppose. Every other rider I eyeballed was grimacing or in the zone.

Do you think he recognised you?
  • Macaloon
    There's absolutely no chance that a lycra clad Swedish bombshell, regular pro race watcher in Rapha's hub, is going to hear about her BR cameo.
  • Macaloon
    ^lol

Trying to post a photo if I can sort it out on the mobile...

I didn't think anything could challenge the pony episode for suspense.
  • frenchfighter
    I wont go into the details but somehow my original banner went missing so I had to knock this one up 30mins before I left hence its rushed look.

2014-07-07203930_zps19b343de.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    Nice sign :)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Macaloon wrote:
    There's absolutely no chance that a lycra clad Swedish bombshell, regular pro race watcher in Rapha's hub, is going to hear about her BR cameo.

Unless my impression of one of you is way wrong... and in that case...Fancy going out sometime?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    I wont go into the details but somehow my original banner went missing so I had to knock this one up 30mins before I left hence its rushed look.

Where are you going to live, now? :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Macaloon

Tremendous. Banner delivers. Well played.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Pross wrote:
    Good day for me on Velogames today, moved up over 2000 places thanks to Sagan and Kristoff :)
    You GC boys took a hit, though. Konig finished between the bunch and the second big group.
    Frank Schleck and Rolland too, dropped a chunk of time.

Talking of which, the very rear of the field looked like this:

193. MAJKA Rafal 34 TINKOFF-SAXO 03h 44' 24'' + 05' 54''
    194. MORKOV Michael 35 TINKOFF-SAXO 03h 44' 24'' + 05' 54''
    195. KING Edward 54 CANNONDALE 03h 45' 55'' + 07' 25''
    196. HERNANDEZ BLAZQUEZ Jesus Alberto 33 TINKOFF-SAXO 03h 45' 55'' + 07' 25''

Impressive.
    Oleg's boys really dominating the laughing group considering Ted King was left way behind in the spectator crash.
    So far off the pace they might have to catch a later flight. :P

Now imagine another poster if that had been and another team. Words like 'joke', 'lightweight', 'overpaid' would be getting thrown around all over the place.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    some pics from today..

_1RP4334_zps1a3a6095.jpg

_1RP4349_zpsdce459ca.jpg

_1RP4352_zps8a0c20c6.jpg

_1RP4366_zpsb669a85a.jpg

_1RP4368_zps2fbaf271.jpg

My D600 didn't perform quite as well I had hoped but still OK I think.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729

30 minutes? Surely you mean 3?

I actually would have loved to have seen someone holding that up.

How did the original one go missing? It sounds like you might have been really proud of it and gutted.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204

This is great. What are you wearing on your legs by the way?
  • frenchfighter
    Looks like your D600 did a fine job. 1 and 3 are particularly great. Nice work.

Contador's muscles looking fabulous.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Fear not they are just summer shorts not trousers...it was very sunny until 10mins before the riders arrived. Had to put my rain jacket on and cover my opqs dutch nat champ jersey.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tom3
    tom3 Posts: 287
    Fear not they are just summer shorts not trousers...it was very sunny until 10mins before the riders arrived. Had to put my rain jacket on and cover my opqs dutch nat champ jersey.

You can't really have a pop at millar's dress sense when you've clearly rocked up in your pyjama bottoms. I'm sure I have a tea towel very similar. My money is on socks and sandals out of shot.

Great work on the sign though!
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    I was about to burst out laughing at the last page of posts, and the way the thread is moving, but i suspect FF might be serious. Now that is scary. :shock:
  • frenchfighter
    Going through the results I see Frank lost a minute from a split in the peloton. So did his brother who says he is pretty beat up right now due to his crash. Rolland and Navarro also lost that minute.

Coquard continues to impress a lot. He even lost contact with the peloton a little as he says in the Olympic park he took a cycle path that was blocked by spectators at the end.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Luckily FF had a spare cardboard box and multi coloured felt tip pens with him otherwise it could have been embarassing. Although I'm not sure I used the word 'otherwise' correctly.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • mulletmaster
    mulletmaster Posts: 502
    The Schlecks really just need to do the decent thing and retire. I am embarrassed for them and the amount Trek have given them for the square root of FA these past few years.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097

I like the way it folds up and thus can be taken to, and exhibited at, all the remaining stages. 8)