Man down ...me, again!

Comments

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Must be contagious. For the third time this year I've ended up picking myself up off the tarmac. Took a somersault in a Velopark 3/4 race when a London Phoenix and Dulwich Paragon rider went down right in front of me leaving me nowhere to go. Now know how Froome felt yesterday. Just a few cuts and bruises and was up to try and chase back onto the bunch but front wheel popped a spoke. Biggest pain was walking back to Stratford in cleats and having to suffer a tube journey hold.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Step one of pain worked all be it bloody painful
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I bet this blooming headwind ain't helping either, take it easy buddy
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • itboffin
    My train was terminated halfway so I'm currently sat on the floor of a very delayed train into Waterloo now that's not helping I can tell you.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    made it home into a nasty headwind and a lot of pain, also a weird tugging feeling, sure enough one side of my stitches have disappeared into my knee, there's also a small amount of blood :evil:

I found myself really over compensating with the right leg to the point where my right cheek started aching, even really concentrating on using the left equally i still found myself lapsing back.

is it normal after a knee crash to have puffy dead spots under the kneecap?
    is there a doctor in the house?

:?

PS. Strapped up a bit better for more of the same tomorrow
    PPS. It crossed my mind to remove the stitches myself this evening :roll:
  • itboffin
    hmmm i also now seem to have notch knee cap like a cars gear shifter
  • itboffin
  • itboffin
    Magnificat 128 miles completed yesterday making for a 250 mile week on the bike, today however the nurse removing my stitches had to dig them out with a scalpel :?

her words were "i've never removed stitches like that before" :roll:

no cycling for 2-3 days she said, i think what she really meant was dont cycle today, tomorrow you'll be just fine :wink:

when the bleeding stops i'll take another pic 8)
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Ow.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Such a hero.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • itboffin
    rubertoe wrote:
    Such a hero.

dont mistake bravery with low IQ
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I fell off yesterday. Managed to rip most of the fingernail off my little finger somehow. Obviously this hurts far more than the graze on your knee, it's beyond even a paper cut.
  • itboffin
    i guess you wont be eating any bags of salt & vinegar crisps then :twisted:
  • itboffin wrote:

I see Contador has copied you then Boff :wink:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • itboffin
    yeah knees are the new collar bones all the cool kids are breaking them
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    itboffin wrote:
    You're not wrong. :-)
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    itboffin wrote:
    Magnificat 128 miles completed yesterday making for a 250 mile week on the bike, today however the nurse removing my stitches had to dig them out with a scalpel :?

no cycling for 2-3 days she said, i think what she really meant was dont cycle today, tomorrow you'll be just fine :wink:

What's the cyclist equivalent of one of those collars they put on cats and dogs to stop them chewing out their stitches? ;)
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    rjsterry wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

What's the cyclist equivalent of one of those collars they put on cats and dogs to stop them chewing out their stitches? ;)

In ITB's case, a tombstone probably.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • itboffin
    Wow the sportive photographer actually managed to get a pic of me not looking like a MAMIL commuter and showing my dressed knee, I'm so pro now :lol:

http://sportivephoto.thirdlight.com/vie ... 4300067340
  • itboffin
    dressing off and shit it looks nasty, some white puss out of the stitch holes which i know isnt that bad but doesnt look nice and boy the knee is deformed now, i hope that swelling goes away.

:cry:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    itboffin wrote:
    Wow the sportive photographer actually managed to get a pic of me not looking like a MAMIL commuter and showing my dressed knee, I'm so pro now :lol:

http://sportivephoto.thirdlight.com/vie ... 4300067340

That's a sticking plaster. You have a sticking plaster on your knee. All this fuss over a sticking plaster?

Did yer mum kiss it better when you got home crying you big baby. :roll: :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    itboffin wrote:

How do you want to do this...?

Should you order the pics, sign them and send them out and we pay, or will we buy the pics, send them to you for signing then you send them back to us...?
  • rubertoe
    itboffin wrote:

Should you order the pics, sign them and send them out and we pay, or will we buy the pics, send them to you for signing then you send them back to us...?

Brilliant.

and as per KB's previous comment. Your Hero status has been revoked, for what is clearly a plaster.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• itboffin
    nothing covering it today, i feel naked :?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    rubertoe wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Brilliant.

and as per KB's previous comment. Your Hero status has been revoked, for what is clearly a plaster.

Even the plaster looks Photoshopped in to me.. :P
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • itboffin
    Me showing Attica who's the boss 8)

Greg66 knows that feeling
    http://sportivephoto.thirdlight.com/vie ... 4298113630
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    itboffin wrote:
    Me showing Attica who's the boss 8)

Greg66 knows that feeling
    http://sportivephoto.thirdlight.com/vie ... 4298113630

Yup, that confirms it: the sticking plaster is so small, it's covered on the photo by the handlebars...

I suppose if you had to rip it off and pulled all the hairs out, it might sting a bit.

Oh, wait... you shave your legs as well. 8)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    Nope hairy as nature intended
  • rubertoe
    I like the Armstrong stare in the next picture.
    I assume that you were doped too.?

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    rubertoe wrote:
    I like the Armstrong stare in the next picture.
    I assume that you were doped too.?
    Armstrong stare though going downhill :lol:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo