Man down ...me, again!

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    itboffin wrote:
    i do now know why proper off trail mtbers wear protection, this http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycle/body-armour/ all makes sense now :roll:

and yes speed plus technical off road on bad surfaces is probably best avoided

Which is fine except you admitted you were going very slowly at the time. This simply makes you a clumsy sod.

Have you considered a safer past-time? Fire juggling perhaps?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    whats with this rest thing youv'e got another leg you can ride one legged MTFU and get out there soldier :wink::mrgreen:

GWS and heal up buddy

11.2 miles home one legged cycling http://app.strava.com/activities/159568646
    actually it was further but my speed dropped so low auto pause kicked in, you really know how hilly it is when using on one leg with the other one oozing
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    Rolf F wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Doddery old git. If you can't stay upright, stay indoors.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Loving the sympathetic tone.

Pfft. If you are soft on him, he'll never learn. He probably just crashes all the time so he can milk the forum sympathy......

Munchausen by bicycle?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714

Pot, Kettle..... At least he was on a bike when it happened.

I reckon the crash was caused by all that leg hair getting caught in a bush...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    TGOTB wrote:

Moi?

I think we should start calling him "velcro" from now on. He's an all round disgrace, really.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    TGOTB wrote:

Moi?

I think we should start calling him "velcro" from now on. He's an all round disgrace, really.

but i still have your scalp to mop up the blood, which one should I use? the Col de Aravis or the Marmotte one?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    And for chuff's sake, stay on the roads like a gentleman.
    Come on, on an MTB if you aint falling off you aint trying, that's why I prefer it to road cycling, not knowing if you'll finish the ride (or in what state).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    My 'recumbent' suggestion stands :)
  • itboffin
    The Rookie wrote:
    And for chuff's sake, stay on the roads like a gentleman.
    Come on, on an MTB if you aint falling off you aint trying, that's why I prefer it to road cycling, not knowing if you'll finish the ride (or in what state).

oh i came off plenty but as i've said mostly because of the muddy ruts left bike illegal motorbiking, i do enjoy the challenge of climbing off road just dont like the state of the trails around here.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    itboffin wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:

Moi?

but i still have your scalp to mop up the blood, which one should I use? the Col de Aravis or the Marmotte one?

Aravis from Clusaz or the other way? Because ISTR that your despicable sneak attac-tics failed woefully second time around :twisted: :mrgreen:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    and your excuse for the shameful pasting on the Marmotte? :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Cafewanda wrote:
    My 'recumbent' suggestion stands :)
    I liked the reply that thought you were saying Boff was bent.
    But you're right. He would be nearer to the ground so a shorter distance to fall.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    itboffin wrote:
    and your excuse for the shameful pasting on the Marmotte? :lol:

It was just a training ride. No racing. Nice and easy all the way from the start arch to the finish line.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    oh dear now i really wish i had shaved legs, just debulked the dressing to reveal someone elses MASSHOOF puffy leg with a huge plaster stuff firmly over my yeti hairy knees, that's gonna hurt like a bastard next week when the dressing has to be changed.

:evil:
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    itboffin wrote:
    oh dear now i really wish i had shaved legs, just debulked the dressing to reveal someone elses MASSHOOF puffy leg with a huge plaster stuff firmly over my yeti hairy knees, that's gonna hurt like a bastard next week when the dressing has to be changed.

I strongly recommend having a razor handy when you do come to change the dressing, so you only have to go through that pain once...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • veronese68
    TGOTB wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I strongly recommend having a razor handy when you do come to change the dressing, so you only have to go through that pain once...
    I suggest you MTFU!
  • itboffin
    The anaesthetic is also having nasty side effect on my insides, i'd forgotten about that :?
  • itboffin
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I suggest you MTFU!

Just booked an appt. to have my dressing changed and couldnt help notice that its the same week as the Magnificat Epic ...oops! that's going to be a big ask
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:
    Just booked an appt. to have my dressing changed and couldnt help notice that its the same week as the Magnificat Epic ...oops! that's going to be a big ask
    Have you ever taken the sensible course of action?
  • itboffin
    How long have you known me ...?

duh!
  • veronese68
    Thought so, don't know what possessed me to ask.
  • itboffin
    how much redness and swelling around the wound area is normal this soon after an op?
    not really any pain to speak of and movement is pretty good as well
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    What's the op that you've had?

ISTR that rule of thumb is you have to wait 24h for the pain to properly get up to tempo. Then it will come down over the next few days. Sometimes a nice surgeon will put a slow dissolving local anaesthetic tab in the wound before closing it. Hopefully you got someone old skool though.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    When I had my wisdom teeth out it took two days for the swelling/pain to peak, then slowly went down over the course of the next few days. So expect things to get worse over 24-48 hours before they get better I'm afraid.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    itboffin wrote:
    how much redness and swelling around the wound area is normal this soon after an op?

Quite a lot, if my parents 5 knee replacements are anything to go by...
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    MrSweary wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

OK I'm confused, is your Father Jake the Peg?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    drlodge wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

OK I'm confused, is your Father Jake the Peg?

Is he a centaur?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    So ITboffin's managed to spread his injury woes over three different threads in one forum - the "Man Down..." thread, the "How do I do that?" thread, and the "fettling" thread. Fishing for sympathy much? :roll: :D

MTFU you big girl's blouse. There, that's a fancy northern insult for you :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • itboffin
    What's the op that you've had?

ISTR that rule of thumb is you have to wait 24h for the pain to properly get up to tempo. Then it will come down over the next few days. Sometimes a nice surgeon will put a slow dissolving local anaesthetic tab in the wound before closing it. Hopefully you got someone old skool though.

yep they've pumped it full of local which is probably why my whole knee feels numb
  • itboffin
    msmancunia wrote:
    So ITboffin's managed to spread his injury woes over three different threads in one forum - the "Man Down..." thread, the "How do I do that?" thread, and the "fettling" thread. Fishing for sympathy much? :roll: :D

MTFU you big girl's blouse. There, that's a fancy northern insult for you :D

you need to broaden your search, i'm over in MTB general as well :lol:

they love it when a roadie pops over