Wiggo broken hearted???

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    Let rayjoy stay. He wasn't so bad. He just fell in with that bad crowd from the Asylum when they turned up. Prior to tha he was OK. Of course, he may have been radicalised by now.

Like ISIS you mean?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RichN95 wrote:
    Let rayjoy stay. He wasn't so bad. He just fell in with that bad crowd from the Asylum when they turned up. Prior to tha he was OK. Of course, he may have been radicalised by now.

Like ISIS you mean?
    I was thinking a little less radical. An imposition of light Sharia law rather than beheading anyone with an asthma inhaler
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Like ISIS you mean?
    I was thinking a little less radical. An imposition of light Sharia law rather than beheading anyone with an asthma inhaler

Well that's something of a relief.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Bradley+Wiggins+Day+Six+Championships+Wimbledon+GLfwOHDV-JVl.jpg
    Bradley+Wiggins+Day+Six+Championships+Wimbledon+b4kGvt9HqoEl.jpg
    Bradley+Wiggins+Day+Six+Championships+Wimbledon+t-_1-zs32Zxl.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Is it wrong that I fancy Cath Wiggins? :oops:
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    I'm with you there brother, there's just something about her.
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    Prefer a bit of Anjali Tendulkar myself...
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    rayjoy wrote:
    nic_77 wrote:
    redshoes wrote:
    First post on BR. My site name Red shoes is my fav Kate Bush cd.
    To the matter in hand concerning Wiggins,,, I don't care he's a bit of tw%t.

many thanks
    Hi Ray!
    (triple comma the giveaway this time)

Hi Nic ,wrong again . Red shoes is not me.
    enjoy, rayjay eerrr I mean rayjoy :lol:
    Your all paranoid ,,,,

say Hello to Coach H :lol::lol::lol:

ps How Long before Rick "i did not know it was rayjay " Chaseme spots this :lol:
    enjoy watching Contador kick Froomes ar%e ,,,I will ......banned but not forgotten :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe rick will out of the kindness of his heart let me stay on until the next one of you insults me and I get banned again, :lol:

Hi Ray, long time no post. Or perhaps not so long, certainly not long enough
    I have no idea who rayjoy is. one of the posters said I was rayjoy on a thread. I have only posted using the name my friends call me ,Tune. I am finding this all very strange.
    Oh well. Cheers I think :?

Tune
    Velonutter wrote:

We had to wait until the UCP was working again, but just to advise that tuneskyline and kissmyassmofo have now been permanently banned.

Regards,

VN
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Maybe Sir Brad himself is one of these mystery new accounts whose first post is in this thread?

I am not ruling it out.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Coach H wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:

We had to wait until the UCP was working again, but just to advise that tuneskyline and kissmyassmofo have now been permanently banned.

Regards,

VN

KMAMF :D

The Joy of Ray; by The Truth and Whiteboytrash led astray.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Lemond's thoughts:
    I do wish Bradley Wiggins was there. I don't know why, but I'd love to see a repeat of what I did with Hinault: have it straight up, split the team, let's see where we're at after the first mountain stages. I think going into the Tour with one leader makes sense when you just have one rider capable of winning the Tour. But when you have two riders capable of winning then you should take both - especially when you factor in the racing circumstances and crashes. Ultimately the team needs to win. I definitely can see the potential conflict but to say that Chris is stronger than Wiggins is not right because Bradley won it the year before, he wasn't there last year, and this year he seems to be riding - or at least was riding - in incredible shape.

It was bad management from Sky. If I were Wiggins I'd have been looking for a team to ride with before the Tour. They said he was a risk, but you cannot predict what happens on the Tour. Sky have decided to take a team based around one man. It sounds really good on paper but it discounts illnesses and accidents; real life doesn't work that way. They may need Bradley Wiggins.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/bl ... 33624.html
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Lemond's thoughts:
    I do wish Bradley Wiggins was there. I don't know why, but I'd love to see a repeat of what I did with Hinault: have it straight up, split the team, let's see where we're at after the first mountain stages. I think going into the Tour with one leader makes sense when you just have one rider capable of winning the Tour. But when you have two riders capable of winning then you should take both - especially when you factor in the racing circumstances and crashes. Ultimately the team needs to win. I definitely can see the potential conflict but to say that Chris is stronger than Wiggins is not right because Bradley won it the year before, he wasn't there last year, and this year he seems to be riding - or at least was riding - in incredible shape.

It was bad management from Sky. If I were Wiggins I'd have been looking for a team to ride with before the Tour. They said he was a risk, but you cannot predict what happens on the Tour. Sky have decided to take a team based around one man. It sounds really good on paper but it discounts illnesses and accidents; real life doesn't work that way. They may need Bradley Wiggins.

Nonsense. When was the last time Wiggins was in Tour form? Tour 2012 after 18 months (according to him) living like a hermit. But obviously form alone does not explain his exclusion vs Xanadu or Pate.

It would have been more interesting to hear Greg compare the behind the scenes shenanigans in the scrap for team leadership.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    Macaloon wrote:
    Nonsense. When was the last time Wiggins was in Tour form? Tour 2012 after 18 months (according to him) living like a hermit. But obviously form alone does not explain his exclusion vs Xanadu or Pate.

It would have been more interesting to hear Greg compare the behind the scenes shenanigans in the scrap for team leadership.

Yeah but Greg's a media man now. He has to stoke the fire that feeds him.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Lemond seems to like to get his name in the press/media. First it was Lance, then Floyd and now he's hitching himself to the Wiggins bandwaggon.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Macaloon wrote:
    But obviously form alone does not explain his exclusion vs Xanadu or Pate.

This is the part of the argument I just can't stomach. I can accept that BW may not be the fittest member of the Team, but you can't tell me he isn't a fitter, more capable rider than some of the SKY Team. It's completely bonkers to suggest a domestique is a better choice than a former winner, when the former win has already won a Tour this year.

The arguments about Team harmony are crap as well. Look at any business in the land, there are always frictions but people are professional and get the job done.
  • RichN95.
    type:epyt wrote:
    Lemond seems to like to get his name in the press/media. First it was Lance, then Floyd and now he's hitching himself to the Wiggins bandwaggon.
    He's a pundit for Eurosport. He's just doing his job.
    RichN95 wrote:
    He's a pundit for Eurosport. He's just doing his job.

The way I see it is he should have that gig based on his TdF experiences and not on his ability to intertwine himself into whatever media shootstorm is happening at the time.

I know it doesn't work like that but I don't like his style of media personality. Nor do I like him particularly, so I suppose I'm not being objective (I don't like the guys that go on about doping when there is no way they can prove they rode clean or otherwise).
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I have little doubt Wiggo is going to be a little gutted he is missing his final chance to ride the Tour.

He can console himself by being Britains No.1 cyclist amongst the common man as he will no doubt dominate sporting pages with his Commonwealth Games exploits (fancy him for 3 golds?) - an event which will gain much more focus than TdF back in Blighty.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Daz555 wrote:
    I have little doubt Wiggo is going to be a little gutted he is missing his final chance to ride the Tour.

His final chance?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
    The folks involved in the Commonwealth Games act like it's a big deal but in reality it's just a bit 'provincial' in every sense of the word.

The athletes need to convince themselves (and sponsors) that the Games are important so they feel relevant and justified in their ego-fuelled pursuits. No athlete will make a living off the back of a successful Commonwealth Games (or if they do then everyone involved must be a bit desperate).
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    Not knocking Le Mond's achievements but he needs to brush up a little on cycling in 2014. That article is full of wind and pish.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    iainf72 wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:

His final chance?
    Being Gutted has It's benefits, like a day out at Wimbledon.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    iainf72 wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:

His final chance?
    Wont' be easy to fit Tour into his apparent Rio track plans I'd say. Sutton seems to think he is likely to stay at Sky as they will give him the most flexibility to do what he wants next year in terms of road and track .......as long as it does not include the Tour is my guess.

He could move teams of course and get one more Tour - defo. But what would this do to his chances of making the TP squad? Of course breaking the World Record in the IP during the Commies would help!
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Not sure if this has been reported somewhere else

Garmin sounding him out

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/could-b ... -to-garmin
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    The folks involved in the Commonwealth Games act like it's a big deal but in reality it's just a bit 'provincial' in every sense of the word.

The athletes need to convince themselves (and sponsors) that the Games are important so they feel relevant and justified in their ego-fuelled pursuits. No athlete will make a living off the back of a successful Commonwealth Games (or if they do then everyone involved must be a bit desperate).

I mainly agree but there are some events where, if the best athletes from Commonwealth nations turn up, you have a truly world class field (middle / long distance running is the obvious one but also some track cycling events where the field could arguably be stronger than the Olympics). That said, it always struggles to entice the best and especially in athletics where it is a bit of a rest year between Olympic and World campaigns.
  • RichN95.
    Pross wrote:

I mainly agree but there are some events where, if the best athletes from Commonwealth nations turn up, you have a truly world class field (middle / long distance running is the obvious one but also some track cycling events where the field could arguably be stronger than the Olympics). That said, it always struggles to entice the best and especially in athletics where it is a bit of a rest year between Olympic and World campaigns.
    Hockey's pretty strong. Six of the ten men's teams were in the recent 12 team World Cup - with mostly the same squads. I'm looking forward to seeing five of my club's first team trying to take on Australia.

In cycling there's quite a good list of gold medalists: Cavendish, Evans, Millar, Renshaw, O'Grady, Henderson, Cummings, Rogers, McGee, Anderson, Elliott
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:
    Hockey's pretty strong. Six of the ten men's teams were in the recent 12 team World Cup - with mostly the same squads. I'm looking forward to seeing five of my club's first team trying to take on Australia.

Pretty strong being the optimum word. Need the Dutch there to make it a real competition. :wink:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

Pretty strong being the optimum word. Need the Dutch there to make it a real competition. :wink:
    Australia stuffed them 6-1 in the World Cup final. (Beat them in the Women's though)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver