Tour de Suisse 2014 *spoilers*

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited June 2014
    Tony Martin right there. Boss.

Albasini nearly got that but thank goodness Sagan came round him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Nice to see Li'l Pete attacking. And then spending 2k looking for Henao!
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,681
    Wiggins just finishing....
  • Turfle
    Wiggo got dropped long ago. Couldn't see if Dennis made it back to the front.
  • frenchfighter
    Henao 3rd. Boss - fans denied that rider all year.

Mollema 4th.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    lol Wiggins loses about 2.5 minutes. Obviously can't be arsed.
  • frenchfighter
    Wiggins is a total loser.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Suisse are too nice. Put him in the barriers, Michael!
  • frenchfighter
    Kreuziger 10th. Now to see where Louis and Andy finished.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • lol I thought Wiggins stayed close, just let them ride off in the last couple of km, this race will clearly act as a big FU to Team Sky it would seem.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    lol I thought Wiggins stayed close, just let them ride off in the last couple of km, this race will clearly act as a big FU to Team Sky it would seem.

doesn't do his cv any good though does it. "gun for hire.. if I can be arsed"
  • lol I thought Wiggins stayed close, just let them ride off in the last couple of km, this race will clearly act as a big FU to Team Sky it would seem.

It's not professional but then again I think it's no secret that he's a "arm around the shoulder" type athlete, you could guess that as he's not got his own way and the toys are out the pram and le hooligan is enjoying a drop or two.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,339
    Can anyone tell me if Wiggins is/was leader for Suisse? Or did he think he was going to lead then got demoted in favour of Henao?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Turfle
    They talked the last couple of days of protecting Brad, Henao, and Kennaugh, and the team report last night said they hoped all 3 would be there at the end today. Whether that changed once they saw how difficult the finish was today, or whether Brad didn't give his all is anyone's guess.
  • frenchfighter
    Can anyone tell me if Wiggins is/was leader for Suisse? Or did he think he was going to lead then got demoted in favour of Henao?

Wiggins was definitely the leader originally then l'Equipe suggested it would be Heano as Wiggins had put on weight.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,681

I can't, but does it matter? If he rode a decent TT and then didn't get dropped he would the leader of the race.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    lol I thought Wiggins stayed close, just let them ride off in the last couple of km, this race will clearly act as a big FU to Team Sky it would seem.

It's not professional but then again I think it's no secret that he's a "arm around the shoulder" type athlete, you could guess that as he's not got his own way and the toys are out the pram and le hooligan is enjoying a drop or two.
    Just riding in to the finish like any domestique whose work ended for the day a couple of kms before the line.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,339
    TheBigBean wrote:

I can't, but does it matter? If he rode a decent TT and then didn't get dropped he would the leader of the race.

Well yes, it does matter.
    If he's meant to be leader then he's seriously underperforming.
    If he's meant to be riding for Henao then it's possible that he's just soft pedaling until needed.
    If he thought he was meant to lead but got demoted before the race then he might be reasonably justified in just not giving a fondle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • frenchfighter
    11 riders in the top group. Next group came in 5secs back including Martin, Craddock, Chaves, Meintjes, Acevedo and PK.

Andy Schleck lost 1.29 :roll:
    Wiggins 2.25
    Dombrow 3.13
    Cancellara was 2.5mins down on Cavendish.
    Moser in the final group.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Full classification.
    http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/no ... p?id=72617

Dennis lost 4'22.
    Andy Schleck 1'29.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    1 MARTIN Tony OPQ 10:44:34
    2 DUMOULIN Tom GIA +6
    3 SAGAN Peter CAN +14
    4 MOLLEMA Bauke BEL +17
    5 SLAGTER Tom Jelte GRS +23
    6 FORMOLO Davide CAN +27
    7 IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Ion MOV +27
    8 KREUZIGER Roman TCS +28
    9 FRANK Mathias IAM +29
    10 CATTANEO Mattia LAM +29
    11KENNAUGH Peter SKY +29
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    11 riders in the top group. Next group came in 5secs back including Martin, Craddock, Chaves, Meintjes, Acevedo and PK.

Andy Schleck lost 1.29 :roll:
    Wiggins 2.25
    Dombrow 3.13
    Cancellara was 2.5mins down on Cavendish.
    Moser in the final group.

When is Andy out of contract?
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    One could argue that the lack of effort is disgusting given the wage he is being paid, but Frank and Andy S probably beat him to that award, especially the latter.

If you were a team owner looking to recruit a big name for next season how much money would Wiggins be worth considering there is no way of knowing which Bradley will turn up?

As for the race, it would be nice to see Cadel get a good result this week after what must've been a disappointing Giro for him.
  • frenchfighter
    Coriander wrote:

At this rate him and his brother's participation in the Tour is unlikely. Think Andy may give up after that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I get both arguments, riding like a domestique AND not being bothered, I think we'll find out later on when the climbs start, I really don't think we can say either way until then, If he's up with Dombrow setting a tempo on the climbs then maybe he's just showing he'll happily give up his chances to assist?
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099

Could well have a contract signed already, hence the FU?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Wiggins ensuring that no-one gets any ideas about him riding the TdF after Froome's wobble in the past couple of days.

He is letting down his employer, spectators, fans and himself.

(Eurosport rubbing it in with 2012 TdF retrospective show).
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Wiggo just looking forward to commies now. Has written off this race and the Tour. I wonder if he'll have a serious dig at the World's TT or if cba mode will continue?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Coriander wrote:

At this rate him and his brother's participation in the Tour is unlikely. Think Andy may give up after that.

That will be a huge shame. From competing with AC to a long slippery slope to nothing. What a waste of talent.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    This is from Sky's website on the day of the opening TT:

"Sir Bradley Wiggins meanwhile, completed a fast and technical run in 14min 20sec to stay in touch with the general classification contenders"

Sports Director Dan Frost said "We were afraid the weather might worsen later in the day so we decided that Bradley would start early, and although he rode OK, I don’t think he wanted to jeopardise anything by risking it all"

"I don’t think the GC guys will split it up, but it will probably come down to a reduced group at the end. We hope that we can have Ben [Swift] in there, so we’ll do our best to support him, but the objective is that our GC guys like Pete, Sergio and Bradley don’t lose and time.

So I think it's pretty clear that Wiggins was considered at least a joint leader. Either they decided after the first day that Henao would be the sole leader or he's decided that he can't be arsed. As far as I know the only thing he's bothered about for the rest of the season is the World TT, which he doesn't need Sky for. So he's metaphorically stuck two fingers up at them.