Tour de Suisse 2014 *spoilers*

Comments

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    RichN95 wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Wiggins not even the fastest SKY rider. Looks like he's got the hump.
    He's not exactly fighting for his place, is he?
    Maybe he thinks fighting for his place won't make any difference.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    r0bh wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Maybe he thinks fighting for his place won't make any difference.
    Probably.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Would have been nice to see it, as judging solely by the timings it looked a very unWiggolike ride. Started slow-ish, and then got slower each check.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Nice job Martin.

Disappointed with Wiggins...thought he would come out a bloc. Oh well I guess it is like him to sulk rather then let his legs do the talking.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    wiggins is such a waste of talent. he's not in the team cos he can't behave like an adult, so he's sulked off :?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Disappointing show by Wiggins, he should be going out there smashing it to make it impossible for Brailsford not to pick him. Instead CBA Wiggo is here, such a waste of a good rider.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    TM has got a chance of hanging on to the leader's jersey for a few stages if he plays his cards right.
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    Andy Schleck just 55 seconds behind. Looking better i.e he finished a stage :lol:
    The dream lives on. Bring on the mountains.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Marc Goos, Belkin, broke his hip in a crash during the TT, but still finished
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    RichN95 wrote:
    inseine wrote:

Or a contract seemingly. Wins a race for Fuller. CBA otherwise. Poor.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Turfle
    Tough old sprinters stage today

Tour-de-Suisse-Stage-2-1395315303.bmp

Can any of Sagan, Swift, Modolo, Haussler, Rojas make it over the climbs? Others less likely too: Goss, Ciolek, Kristoff, Coquard, Appollonio, Soupe, Degenkolb. CAV?
  • tom3
    tom3 Posts: 287
    Wiggins is on the naughty step. Not one picture of his prologue on the sky site.

There has obviously been a huge bust up post tour of Cali. I think he was removed as team leader for this race and that is why the Cba wiggins has rocked up.

Can't see past a parting this year.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Agree it looks suspect - disappointing really - even if he's been shafted by Sky he should be out there trying to prove people wrong - if he does nothing in this race he's just proving the doubters case.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    That's why I didn't pick Wiggins as the GC winner because you never know which Wiggins will turn up. Or whether he'll turn up at all.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Race all over the place with Deignan at the head of affairs, if I understand the live ticker.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    inseine wrote:
    Race all over the place with Deignan at the head of affairs, if I understand the live ticker.

Been one of those days :D
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • jackc6549
    jackc6549 Posts: 30
    Love the CCC Method of cornering :lol:
  • Give me more
    Give me more Posts: 487
    Loved seeing Tony Martin come to the front in his leaders jersey and drive the peloton home. Awesome heli shot of him stringing the whole bunch out all by himself.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Good win for Meyer from Deignan and Warbasse (don't know him TBH) who had been away all day.
    The top ten are still close on GC.
  • frenchfighter
    Frank Schleck crashed and lost 16mins. Devolder withdrew from illness. Pozzo out from illness. Andy finished in the front group.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Louis finished in the top group for MTN but Linus lost 9mins.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    I picked Wiggins for GC on PTP as I thought he'd be fired up. I'm a fan but he really doesn't do himself any favours. It would be nice to know what he could have achieved in his career if he'd always been fully motivated.
  • gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    From the way people are talking on this thread, you'd think Wiggins had finished behind Andy Schleck in the prologue and then lost 15 minutes today. He may well not be arsed, I have no idea, but he's hardly out of the race. He's in 13th and just 32 seconds down on the leader (who is unlikely to still be up there once they hit the mountain top finishes). Realistically, there might be 2 or 3 GC rivals ahead of him at the moment by between 10 and 20 seconds. Barring something unexpected happening, the route seems to be designed in such a way that all the GC action is going to be backloaded: the time trial on Friday and then the two mountain finishes on Saturday and Sunday.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Pross wrote:
    I picked Wiggins for GC on PTP as I thought he'd be fired up. I'm a fan but he really doesn't do himself any favours. It would be nice to know what he could have achieved in his career if he'd always been fully motivated.
    Maybe he just needs to blow off steam, get drunk, and take his foot off the gas in order to be motivated at other times?

Despite his regular off-years he will still retire with an incredible palmares.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Yeah, fair point but I suspect many (myself included) wouldn't expect to see him behind Pozzovivo in a TT.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Dowsett recording 72.7mph today :shock:
  • Turfle
    The TT performance was odd (and it was an odd TT), and he was one of the last Sky guys to join the front group today, but we didn't see either thing on camera so it's tough to say how he's looking on the bike. Tomorrow's finish doesn't suit him much, so it might not be until Friday's TT that we get a proper glimpse of his state of mind.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Frank Schleck crashed and lost 16mins. Devolder withdrew from illness. Pozzo out from illness. Andy finished in the front group.

Frank has concussion but no broken bones, not sure if he is continuing.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710

Andy actually the first rider to respond to Kreuziger's final climb attack. :shock:
    Frank Schleck crashed at the Tour de Suisse? Not so :shock:

Another decent, pre Tour stage. Second time in a month that Sagandale just fail to rope in the break.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    What happened to pozzo? Had a good TT but can't see him mentioned anywhere in yesterday's report?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy