Dauphine *spoilers*

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    No power meter on Contador's bike yesterday unless it is neatly tucked away.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    Hmmm, i suspect you know that's not entirely true is it FF

In fairness Pross, I don't see the race being much of anything else than Froome v Bertie...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    ddraver wrote:

In fairness Pross, I don't see the race being much of anything else than Froome v Bertie...

Pls....I cannot give up the Nibz hope quite yet....More letters from Vino!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    But why would this be a good thing? Even if he tapes it up it still provides data to coaches and bike manufacturers which can be used to analyse performance and pinpoint areas for improvement. Otherwise you are just relying on guesswork and hunches.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    ddraver wrote:

I've got no problem with that in racing terms. I'm looking forward to it both here and at the Tour but as long as it sticks to being about them in racing terms.
  • frenchfighter
    ddraver wrote:

Go ahead and quote me to prove me wrong please. You can also quote your deliberate goading posts as well.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    But why would this be a good thing? Even if he tapes it up it still provides data to coaches and bike manufacturers which can be used to analyse performance and pinpoint areas for improvement. Otherwise you are just relying on guesswork and hunches.

I neither said it was good or bad. It was an observation. Few more of those and a few less of tosh would make pro-cycling discussion more interesting.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    Pross wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I've got no problem with that in racing terms. I'm looking forward to it both here and at the Tour but as long as it sticks to being about them in racing terms.

Trouble is there's not much more to discuss yet - Whether or not Bertie's Bum Shuffle is a reliable indicator of form is all we ve really got to go on ;)
    - @ddraver
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    okgo wrote:
    He doesn't need to, but I get the impression he wants to show people what he is about, he has done it before, just crushed the competition when he didn't really NEED to, so I for one would not be surprised to see him try and put things to bed as early as tomorrow!

Even if he can, hopefully he won't. It would be nice if the kids shared out the mountain top finishes to set up the Tour showdown.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    ddraver wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Trouble is there's not much more to discuss yet - Whether or not Bertie's Bum Shuffle is a reliable indicator of form is all we ve really got to go on ;)
    I like "Bertie's Bum Shuffle" :D Also liked the inrng description: "On the approach to the line Contador was shuffling in the saddle like a dog trying to scratch its anus, every few seconds saw him wipe forward."
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Richie Porte to win the stage. The old 1-2.
  • Richmond Racer
    Turfle wrote:

*Twitter installs extra servers*
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,818
    MMmmm, late but finally live.
    No wonder, with over 54kms to go and all that climbing in the heat.
    Slow schedule.
    (goodee, cos we get to see more :) )
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Turfle
    Turfle wrote:

*Twitter installs extra servers*

judging by the way Porte was just grimacing, maybe they can put them on hold for a while.
  • Turfle
    Valverde doing Route du Sud instead of Dauphine/Suisse? Anyone know the reason?
  • Richmond Racer
    Turfle wrote:

He says he can recce some TdF stages in the process
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Its good this, having the three top contenders in the yellow, green and spotty jerseys.

Lovely bit of tarmac this.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Turfle
    Turfle wrote:

He says he can recce some TdF stages in the process

Interesting decision. A little bit of logic to it I guess, but he's going to be very short of racing. He'll have just 3 days of racing between early April and early July.
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    ddraver wrote:

Pls....I cannot give up the Nibz hope quite yet....More letters from Vino!

There's a fantastic album name if ever I heard one!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    PROFIL.png
    PROFILKMS.png
  • above_the_cows
    I am far more interested with the team support offered Froome on this stage than the overall result.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    The climb isn't particularly tough. Under normal circumstances I think we would see the the top guys' teams just set tempo, watch each other and allow a 'second tier' rider to launch near the end and take the win.

With the Sky situation as it is though, and with Contador having a pretty good early season, I can see Froome wanting to make it a really tough day and put down a psychological marker.

There's probably more interest in how Richie performs today than Froome or Contador.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I am far more interested with the team support offered Froome on this stage than the overall result.

Great minds.
  • above_the_cows
    Milton50 wrote:
    There's probably more interest in how Richie performs today than Froome or Contador.

This.
  • ddraver
    I assume Sky are just going to let this go...
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited June 2014
    Quality stream for those interested.
    http://banan.tv/tv/410/eurosport-intl-en/

(might have to download Acestream first though)
  • above_the_cows
    They'll have to close the gap a little more first.

Edit - Brändle who is in the break is only 13' down on Froome.
  • Turfle
    I still find myself looking for Nibali in Cannondale colours.
  • ddraver
    Gap now tumbling like a Sprinter on an alpine descent....
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    Turfle wrote:
    I still find myself looking for Nibali in Cannondale colours.

You're not the only one.