2015 Transfers / Rumours and real

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,133
    That's an odd one! Would have thought Lotto would have taken him on :?
  • EnnBee
    EnnBee Posts: 20
    gsk82 wrote:
    sean yates and bobby jullich likely off to tinkoff according to cycling news

Cycling Weekly reported Yates was off there a month ago.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    @PhilippeGilbert · 22h 22 hours ago
    Big work again from Samu Sanchez I really hop that a world tour team can give him a contract! I can't imagine such a good rider without team
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Morabito to FdJ.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy wrote:
    Morabito to FdJ.
    proper grafter
  • Clement Chevrier (22 French) who has been riding well in USA for Bissell to IAM

Getting some advice from some old dodderer
    ' when ze legs they hurt - you must say shuts up to them'
    Clement+Chevrier+USA+Pro+Challenge+Stage+2+FQwEUB_xpENl.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Viviani has confirmed he's going to Sky. (Although he hasn't actual signed the contract yet)

By my reckoning they've still got to offload another two or three.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • The_Boy
    edited October 2014
    RichN95 wrote:
    Viviani has confirmed he's going to Sky. (Although he hasn't actual signed the contract yet)

Have Edmondson's whereabouts for next season been confirmed? Of expect zandio to be surplus too, given the calibre of their new signings.

What about Wiggins? Am I getting confused, or is his contract up at end of year?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy wrote:
    Morabito to FdJ.
    proper grafter

Yup. Been brought on as lieutenant for Pinot. I know it's not a marquee signing or anything, but it does bode well. In years gone by if a French team had the next big French thing, their tactic for the following years would be to try and do the same but better.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    The_Boy wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Have Edmondson's whereabouts for next season been confirmed? Of expect zandio to be surplus too, given the calibre of their new signings.

What about Wiggins? Am I getting confused, or is his contract up at end of year?
    Ref Brad, dev team to be happening next year. Signings such as Andy Tennant and some other solid Brit names will be included.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • RichN95.
    JSCL wrote:
    Ref Brad, dev team to be happening next year. Signings such as Andy Tennant and some other solid Brit names will be included.
    I think part of the point is that all of the pursuit squad will be on it.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    RichN95 wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    Sorry, I was stating my point as a fact, not just news site gossip.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • The_Boy
    I did think about the development squad, but he will presumably also want a tilt at Roubaix? Chances of a wildcard would probably influence that particular move, no?
  • RichN95 wrote:

Speaks here. Moves for the obvious reasons I mentioned earlier and as a Sky brand marketing strategy:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/news-sh ... ky-signing
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    Speaks here. Moves for the obvious reasons I mentioned earlier and as a Sky brand marketing strategy:
    He's also a better sprinter than anyone they currently have. Sky need someone who can pick up half a dozen wins a year.
  • John Ebsen joins Androni. Nice. Can't go worse than the last time he signed for a PCT team...
  • EnnBee
    EnnBee Posts: 20
    RichN95 wrote:
    JSCL wrote:

One of the points, yes, but they won't all be on it.
  • RichN95.
    EnnBee wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    JSCL wrote:

One of the points, yes, but they won't all be on it.
    Well Clancy's a bit useless as a roadie beyond criteriums so probably OK to miss him out.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    r0bh wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    I can't understand why Sky continue with Sutton.

From Wikipedia...

"He is the son of NSW Institute of Sport's head cycling coach, Gary Sutton, and nephew of British Cycling track coach, Shane Sutton;"

I'm sure that has nothing to do with it though.

Amazing that some people think that the only riders of value are those who win races. Would recommend reading Domestique by Charlie Wegelius (who had a successful career without ever winning a race).

Team Sky ‏@TeamSky · 48m48 minutes ago
    Massive congrats to @cjsutton2 who takes victory in the #JapanCup Criterium race! #NiceOneCJ!!

B0Nq_QjIcAACZBs.jpg

I assume the Japan Cup doesn't require spoiler warnings :D
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Japan cup crit is almost fixed and most good people dont go there unless paid and no one cares about it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Tinkoff DS's Mauduit and Guidi leave to be replaced by Yates and Jullich. The later is good the former is not very intelligent or personable. Mauduit worked well with Contador so I wonder whether Jullich can fill in well. No chance Contador is taking direction from Lance's pal and Cavendish hater Yates.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    QQ%2BPhoto20141017215114.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    Japan cup crit is almost fixed and most good people dont go there unless paid and no one cares about it.

Seems that was just the criterium - the Japan Cup as such is on Sunday...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,133
    Tinkoff DS's Mauduit and Guidi leave to be replaced by Yates and Jullich. The later is good the former is not very intelligent or personable. Mauduit worked well with Contador so I wonder whether Jullich can fill in well. No chance Contador is taking direction from Lance's pal and Cavendish hater Yates.

This would be the useless and unintelligent Yates who oversaw Sky's humiliatingly poor 2012 season? I'm not sure being a 'friend of Lance' is the most worrying thing from that era in a team run by Riis :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    Yes it would be. The guy is as thick as a plank of wood.

Can you see Contador working with him? Do you think he will take Contador where he took Porte and Froome (motoman's bike shop)? Do you know what Cavendish has said about him?

---

Paul, no idea but very odd. Petacchi and some fat guy. Maybe kerin or maybe that guy is the owner and felt like dressing up in lycra

Edit. It was a one off team for the Jap cup crit.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Yes it would be. The guy is as thick as a plank of wood.

Can you see Contador working with him? Do you think he will take Contador where he took Porte and Froome (motoman's bike shop)? Do you know what Cavendish has said about him?

There is an irony mentioning motoman, who is just a bit player in the Armstrong thing, where as Contador used to be "coached" by Pepe Marti, who was actually banned in the Armstrong case.

Frenchie, you know Yates has worked for Riis before? Was a DS at CSC for 2 years.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    edited October 2014
    I was going to say, he had a big old pair of legs but appeared to be carrying additional ballast up top!

Edit: I must admit, I know very little about the Keirin in its traditional form, I couldn't name any of the top riders but I know they are held in very high regard in Japan. From what I understand, it's faster and more violent?
  • frenchfighter
    No I had no idea he worked dor Riis before. If you can find a proper bike racer or industry heavyweight that speaks highly of his DS abilities please let me know.

I am confused what the logic with those two hires other thsn picking up Sky rejects on the cheap.
    Contador is the Greatest