Guess the object

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    simonhead wrote:
    Is it for hot tapping

Winnar :mrgreen:

It's for hot tapping or pressure tapping.

Over to you Simon.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Can you hot tap an inflatable?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    Can you hot tap an inflatable?

Yeah, stick your dick down the back of the radiator first :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    3-Wire-line-RT.jpg
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • arran77
    Something to do with oil or petrochem?

seanoconn
  • simonhead
    arran77 wrote:
    Something to do with oil or petrochem?

Yup
  • arran77
    Do the cylinders have anything to do with expansion?

seanoconn
  • simonhead
    Not as far as I know
  • arran77
    Separation of different elements of a liquid?

seanoconn
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Lies, lies, lies...

It is very clearly some sort of sheep restraint or it's for cubing an avacado. or both.
  • pinno
    For Thermal Cracking?
  • simonhead
    arran77 wrote:
    Separation of different elements of a liquid?

Nah
  • simonhead
    For Thermal Cracking?

Nah
  • pinno
    Depressurise/regulate oil when it is being extracted?
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,878
    Are the spools at the end some kind of cable guide/pulleys?
  • simonhead
    monkimark wrote:
    Are the spools at the end some kind of cable guide/pulleys?

Indeed
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,878
    Some kind of suspension system to prevent shock loads when lifting or lowering equipment on wire ropes?
  • Rod11
    Rod11 Posts: 293
    So, to do with oil or petrochemical, has a cable pulley, what looks like big ass hydraulics... Is it the thing they use to maintain tension on the conduit when extracting oil, to counteract the movement between sea bed and rig? (the ex's dad was in the oil business)
  • RideOnTime
    These objects are all getting very technical and industrial can't we have something more domestic?
  • arran77
    RideOnTime wrote:
    These objects are all getting very technical and industrial can't we have something more domestic?

When you figure out what the oil oojamaflip is you can post a picture of an ironing board if you like.

seanoconn
  • arran77
    Is it something to do with the turntable on an oil rig?

seanoconn
  • RideOnTime
    arran77 wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:

When you figure out what the oil oojamaflip is you can post a picture of an ironing board if you like.

That will be fine BUT for the fact that you will remember its going to be an ironing board and hence all the fun will be lost.
  • arran77
    When the drill moves up and down with the movement of the sea does this provide a constant force on the drill to stop it stretching or squashing?

seanoconn
  • simonhead
    Jack93 wrote:
    So, to do with oil or petrochemical, has a cable pulley, what looks like big ass hydraulics... Is it the thing they use to maintain tension on the conduit when extracting oil, to counteract the movement between sea bed and rig? (the ex's dad was in the oil business)

Sorry, been snowed under, thats about as close as you will get. Its a riser tensioner. your go my friend.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    simonhead wrote:
    Jack93 wrote:

Sorry, been snowed under, thats about as close as you will get. Its a riser tensioner. your go my friend.
    My friend?!!

Fix!!!!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • RideOnTime
    Ok still means nothing. Where's the ironing board.
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    Been away so lost where we are, is it for cubeing sheep or restraining advocado's?
  • arran77
    Sandyballs wrote:
    Been away so lost where we are, is it for cubeing sheep or restraining advocado's?

We're drilling for oil with a riser tensioner :shock:

Oh and waiting for jack93 to post the next picture :wink:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    Is it time to start singing?
  • RideOnTime
    Ironing board?

can you see, can you see what it is yet?

we're all done with that blue thing? yes