Paris - Nice 2014 *Spoilers*

Comments

• thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Another win for Slagter, he's going well.

Curse of the rainbow jersey just mentioned on Eurosport. Don't think you can really call it a curse when Rui Costa averages about two wins a year.
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    A. Schleck coming in 5' 38" down.
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    Geraint Thomas has just crossed the finish line 7min 12sec down at #ParisNice. A brave effort to get back on his bike after his late crash. - Team Sky Twitter
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Fortunately Geraint was able to remount and finished a little over 7mins down.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Always shows class when they get back on and finish knowing the whole game is up ... Chapeau ...

Questioning the reasoning by the team when there's no TT to grab a possible consolation win ...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Yes, PTP points at last and in style with a win :-)

Shame for Geraint, he's shown decent form so hopefully he hasn't picked up any bad injuries with the Classics coming up.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Hope he is OK, he's been flying this season. Was he taken out by Frank Schleck or did he just crash? Looked nasty.

Hopefully he hasn't broken anything, not that it stopped him last time. The guy is a trooper.
  • Paul 8v
    Hope he is OK, he's been flying this season. Was he taken out by Frank Schleck or did he just crash? Looked nasty.

Hopefully he hasn't broken anything, not that it stopped him last time. The guy is a trooper.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Richmond Racer on Twitter

Pretty sickening luck for G. Am by the Sky bus now. G rode his bike to the finish. No news of how much damage he's done

G just came back and got on the bus. Gutted. wasn't clutching his shoulder and got off his bike without much difficulty.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    Anyone seen the crash again yet? I'm itching to blame it on Andy Pandy for some reason....

And any further word on G?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Fingers crossed for G. He is one unlucky fella but a tough competitor. Hope he's back soon.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    The team are saying that he hasn't broken anything:

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290, ... 51,00.html
  • Paul 8v
    Anyone seen the crash again yet? I'm itching to blame it on Andy Pandy for some reason....

I don't think Abandy Shleck was anywhere near them when it happened was he? I thought it was his brother.
  • ianwilliams
    ianwilliams Posts: 257
    Photo from Sky Facebook:

1924751_10152406258699873_1728877915_n.jpg
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    Paul 8v wrote:

I don't think Abandy Shleck was anywhere near them when it happened was he? I thought it was his brother.

Sorry, I'd forgotten Frank even existed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v wrote:

Sorry, I'd forgotten Frank even existed.
    It's because the other one gets all the air time every time he deploys the Schleck chute
  • Paul 8v
    RonB wrote:
    No breaks then, that's good. Shame as he was looking good, GC contender for the shorter tours at least. So that means they have Froome, Porte, Thomas and (When he brings his A game, Wiggo) for GC contenders, not bad at all.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Geraint Thomas ‏@GeraintThomas86 · 8m
    All is ok thanks guys. Just gutted, good all race then boom... Nothing
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Apart from Chavenel ,,,,boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

G was never going to win this IMO.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    What actually happened to Thomas today? I know he crashed and saw a clip of him lying on the ground on the local news.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:
    What actually happened to Thomas today? I know he crashed and saw a clip of him lying on the ground on the local news.

You couldn't really see it, but he crashed pretty heavily on a descent.

Lost 7 odd minutes.

I'm formulating a theory that GT struggles with bike handling when he's starting to get fatigued and there is pressure.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:
    I'm formulating a theory that GT struggles with bike handling when he's starting to get fatigued and there is pressure.
    I have an opposing theory that is that he is too confident in his bike handling. I saw him a couple of times in overhead shots last season and he was going through the pack like a rugby player.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    too much of a fan of Warrenball....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    I have an opposing theory that is that he is too confident in his bike handling. I saw him a couple of times in overhead shots last season and he was going through the pack like a rugby player.

He was inches of ending in the ditch yesterday as well because he thought he was as good a descender as Nibali.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    rayjay wrote:
    Apart from Chavenel ,,,,boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

G was never going to win this IMO.

I know it's pedantic but on the basis I have to correct it everyday in PTP I feel entitled to say, it's Chavanel with an A.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

I too have a theory.
    Don't ride anywhere near Frank Schleck on a descent.
    He was to be seen hanging over Geraint, on yet another barrier.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Gee is out according to Sky Facebook...will still ride MSR next week (#priorities)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Would I be right in thinking that the time bonuses at the top of the Col d’Eze tomorrow will be the same as a normal stage finish (10, 6, 4) or is there more to it than that? Is there still a time bonus at the very end of the stage in Nice?

Prob won't make any difference, but I just wondered.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Dupe post.