My Cannondale RZ120-1

12346»

Comments

• lillywhite79
    lillywhite79 Posts: 108
    Looks amazing youve replaced most major parts beside the frame, its like a whole new bike!

So any plans for the Elixir 3's or are you happy with them? For me they are just 'ok', not spectacular stopping power.

Nice one :D
  • lawman wrote:
    I presume you put it on the right way? Xt chains are directional and have to be put on in the correct orientation.

Yes mate writing out.
    Looks amazing youve replaced most major parts beside the frame, its like a whole new bike!

So any plans for the Elixir 3's or are you happy with them? For me they are just 'ok', not spectacular stopping power.

Nice one :D

They are just that for me too "ok" I think I will get some hope tech e4 either the Ti race version or the normal E4 for more adjustment floating rotor set. I don't mind spending the money on them as they will be transferred to next bike. Not dead money like the wheels

Agree not much left, not much left to sort forks and shock I won't change as I see it as dead money as I'll probably get something else 650b in the winter. New bar and stem are probably due now I've decided on throw / width some carbon ones. New E35 carbon 35mm clamp looks great but they don't do them in the steerer tube size.

I'm just riding it as much as possible at the moment, looking forward to doing some bigger stuff and some more trail centres soon.
  • lillywhite79
    lillywhite79 Posts: 108
    What did you do with the green chainring??
  • What did you do with the green chainring??

Sat in the garage ... Want it ? Pm me :) good place to start with 1 X10
  • Been riding loads of local natural dear tracks in the woods super tight and largely in walked by people let alone riden but boy are they fun. I did however have a shock when riding one to find this ski jump and the top of a hill certainly gives a kick :) .... Not sure the dears made this thing. So perhaps I am not alone .....

21766C9D-58B5-448E-B62F-39BEAF0DD020_zpsrgyiwll0.jpg
  • WindyG wrote:
    Where were you riding?
    Front that picture it looks like the amazon rain forest. But it was just the local woods mate it's all deer tracks :)

Been taking some time to clear them up a bit remove dead logs low hanging branches etc

It's getting there now
  • WindyG wrote:
    I was going to guess Shouldham Warren

Never been there mate ... You know this area ?
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Yeah it's a decent place to ride with nice natural single track, the guys at Kings Lynn CC look after it all, there is a Mud Sweat & Gears race up there in Sept.
  • WindyG wrote:
    Yeah it's a decent place to ride with nice natural single track, the guys at Kings Lynn CC look after it all, there is a Mud Sweat & Gears race up there in Sept.
    I will check it out mate thanks .. Let me know if you're ever riding this way ... I'm Sandringham way but travel most places no problem
  • WindyG
    I mostly ride off piste at Thetford/Brandon/Santon Downham, plus club rides at various less known places around Norfolk/Suffolk
  • WindyG wrote:
    I mostly ride off piste at Thetford/Brandon/Santon Downham, plus club rides at various less known places around Norfolk/Suffolk

Fantastic ! I ride Thetford and brandon most weekends park at brandon and the ride one side of road then cross.

Not riden many other local places. . . Might be good to have a pottle around sometime ...
  • WindyG
    Can sort something in a few weeks, won't be at Thetford until at least 24th/25th May, I park at HL as I have a pass.I don't tend to pootle though.
  • It's with a heavy heart that i am now putting this bike up for sale. I cant decide if to split it and return to standard or sell as is.

I really don't want to part it out.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    What?! I thought you loved this bike!
  • Cqc wrote:
    What?! I thought you loved this bike!

I DO ! Thats why ive spent what i have on getting it just right and why ii have invested so many hours into it but. . .

I have been riding lots of downhill of late on a friends triple clamp orange and another friends nukeproof mega AM and enjoy that so much this has to go.

I will do a for sale thread soon when i have established what its woth as one as i really dont want to strip it.
  • A good idea to bring everyone up to speed with the current spec ahead of the sale.

2013 Cannondale RZ120-1 Purchased new in FEB 2014

Original items still on the bike form OE spec
    - Cannondale saddle
    - Rockshock Rekon forks
    - Rockshock RC rear shock
    - 9mm QR's
    - Avid Elixr 3 180Front 160Rear ( new pads fitted )

In the short time i have owned this bike i have upgraded lots of parts to make it IMO the perfect bike for my needs XC / Trail. All of these parts were purchased new and most are less than two months old

Upgraded items
    - Thomson dropper post 31.6mm remote lever
    - Hope Hoops Pro Evo 2 hubs 40t engagement on Stans Arch EX rims these are less than a month ( 100 miles ) old
    - Zee rear mech 11/36 capable
    - XT Cassette 11/36
    - Raceface narrow wide chain ring black 36T
    - Conversion to BB30 bottom bracket (makes a huge difference to the stiffness of the bike)
    - FSA carbon cranks >600g's no scuffs at all due to being clear wrapped
    - 740 mm bars
    - 40mm stem
    - carbon steerer tube spacers
    - Jagwire green dropper post and mech cables
    - Hope grips green loc on
    - Continental Trail king 2.2 black chilli running tube less
    - clear wrapped frame

Safe to say there is not a huge amount of the standard bike left but i think what is left behind is nothing short of a fantastic rig. Shame to see it go but downhill is calling.
  • Look what's been dug out for a play again ....

6995FC2B-5606-4615-9661-2907187C7153_zps6rfm45pg.jpg
  • Decided to do some more to this.

The following arrived for it today

Nobby nic Evo Snakeskin 2.25 for the front

Racing Ralph Evo Snakeskin 2.25 for the rear

FSA Carbon bars ( ordered some before but they never arrived and always wanted some )

First ever set of SPD's Shimano ones

Shimano XC50N MTB SPD shoes

Should save some weight over the Conti trail kings, they were only a few rides old and are amazing tyres so will be sticking them up for sale soon, main reason for the change is this wont be a "trail" bike as such now i have the mega, but just an XC bike so the lighter weight and better rolling resistance of the new tyres should help loads.

Hope i like the SPD's never riden clipped in before !

All good fun
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    The bar looks like it was made for that bike!
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • It's just a shame it's only 660mm stifling to get a feel for it might try a longer stem ....
  • Hey i just got this out the garage again ! Had a few blasts on it this week :)

whos still got theres ? any progress ?
  • Decided the old girl needed a full overhaul bearings and all.

D9056B07-DF92-477C-8FE6-61674B91C399_zpszdsin0o3.jpg
  • Bearing replacements numbers for anyone who finds this thread at a later date and needs them

Frame:
    6 x 6800-RS
    2 x 6902-2RS
    Complete bearing kit can be got for about £30 online or £40 for Enduro Max bearings

Bottom Bracket if using the BB30 shell
    2 x 6806-2RS
    Can be had from £3 per side for LLU sealed type or anything from £13 for hybrid cermaic to £40 a side for Enduro VV Zero ceramics which are the one :)

Forks in my model are a 1.5" straight steerer tube and need headset KP119 £31 aprox cost.

Frame link kit ( if you can find one ) which often suffer rounded bolts due to loctite and very weak ally KP072 £30

Will post pics when all the bits arrive and assembly starts again :)
  • Just got back from working away so made some progress.

Removed the old bearings, headset and frame hardware.

76B456DC-180A-4D65-9C5C-140E3C86AD2F_zpscowvwhg1.jpg

Removed the old Loctite 638 ready for bearing re-install

7E4AB9AE-A999-4C40-9E62-59A01DE5F5F8_zpssbwnqcxm.jpg

8F685B0F-770F-4C4C-82C7-E21421209F25_zpsgpqrz7je.jpg

New bearings going in

D6FD1C34-9350-4AB0-9A4A-A3DE70975C0C_zpsecf4av8n.jpg

New black frame hardware to replace the green

65CC9646-933C-40EE-A258-52309D945C10_zps6y0vqrgc.jpg

New rear mech hanger green for black again

DB2CB0DB-C0F7-4685-A488-2ABC72EFEDF2_zpshmm5jyum.jpg

53AED776-F4E1-4446-B64A-22D64914630B_zpsbnybctnj.jpg

Also then loose assembled the rear end to set chain length etc.

E19EADF6-AB90-4D99-84D8-21740B56723F_zpsegq5xm0g.jpg

Thats it for now till i get back again in 3 weeks.