Eurosport 2014 / Cycling

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2014 in Pro race
http://2014tvguide.eurosport.com/m/index.html#/page/14

It's ridiculous they aren't showing races they don't have rights to etc etc :P
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    They seem to have added quite a few of races, particularly non-WT one day races.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Excuse my ignorance, why are some highlighted in blue?

Never mind, I've seen it now. Serves me right for not having it open full page!
  • RichN95 wrote:
    They seem to have added quite a few of races, particularly non-WT one day races.

Pino Cerami and Tro-Bro Leon are new for them, yes?

Do they usually show Ruta del Sol?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    How many of them will be curtailed by over-running WTA events (or worse still, whilst we watch 'hilarious' outtakes on WATTS)?
  • Pross
    RichN95 wrote:

They showed Tro Bro Leon last year - it was one of my favourite races. Binch - Chimay - Binch is a new one to me though.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

I can't remember Binche-Chamay-Binche, GP Wallonia, Roma Maxima, Le Samyn and a couple of the Norweignan races before either (I may have just missed them though)
  • RichN95.
    Pross wrote:
    How many of them will be curtailed by over-running WTA events (or worse still, whilst we watch 'hilarious' outtakes on WATTS)?
    I like WATTS.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Fingers crossed for more Dan Lloyd heroics from the co-pilot's seat. And less commentary generally. Phil and Paul are surprisingly silent for therapeutic stretches.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I can't remember Binche-Chamay-Binche, GP Wallonia, Roma Maxima, Le Samyn and a couple of the Norweignan races before either (I may have just missed them though)

Yeah, Tour des Fjords definitely new, ES covered Arctic Race (think I remember Big Maggy commentating)
  • Pross
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Roma Maxima was shown last year too. I remember watching Pozzato making a fool of himself celebrating his 'victory'. I assume it was on Eurosport as I don't watch internet feeds very often.
  • Glad to see E3 in there, as ever wish they had Het Volk, the true season opener
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Any news on David Harmon?

He has been more active on twitter and looks like he has been commentating on some CX races - seems to be doing something around the grande depart for his own set up. Does this mean he is doing his own thing or will he be back in chair with Carlton relegated back to the dungeon?
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Harmon was and is freelance but hopefully Eurosport sign him up for some of the races. He did the Rotterdam 6 days recently.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

They were all on Eurosport, last year, although Le Samyn was fog bound, so no pictures at all!

This is the same "guide" as last year, so more of a guideline, than guide.
    They usually add races as the season progresses.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Yeah, pretty much all these were on last year, just some of them were late at night, or on at the same time as bigger races so may have been missed.

Side note, if you search "cycling" on your Sky+ box (yes, I know, Sky are nasty monsters/out to kill us etc) you can download highlights from last year On Demand.

Just watched last year's TDU ahead of this years
  • Looks a good spread that. Coupled with the Sky Sports announcement the other day, I hope we see a even more racing.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    E3 over Gent Wevelgem. Backing the right one for a change.
  • MartinGT
    MartinGT Posts: 475
    Plllllease come back Dave Harmon, pleeeeease.
  • Maybe I have missed it but I can't see any mention of the World Road Race Championships.

DD.
  • Maybe I have missed it but I can't see any mention of the World Road Race Championships.

DD.

They've lost it, certainly in UK. In 2013 it was on the BBC (red button, online and a bit I think on BBC2?) in UK, not sure about other countries.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    On Sky

http://www1.skysports.com/cycling/news/ ... sky-sports.

Not that I pay for Sky, but a mate has given me his Go password which is nice. :D
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Qatar not on ES or sky this year? Bit of a shame, need as much racing as I can get in the early season. I'm jonesing.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Sky are also having a weekly magazine show starting from March.

About time too really.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • David Harmon was interviewed by VeloVeritas this week:

http://www.veloveritas.co.uk/2014/01/16 ... -interview

He says he hasn't spoken to Eurosport about working with them this year (but would like to). I'd have thought with the season soon to start and the various freelancers filling their diaries, that he may be left without a mic when the music stops.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Sky are also having a weekly magazine show starting from March.

About time too really.

This is rather exciting news. The two "niche" sports I follow, cycling and NFL, are both growing in the UK at the moment, and with it, more TV coverage.

Happy days all round
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Quick question.

Is there anyway you can get Eurosport in the UK broadcast to your TV without - 1 - The eurosport viewer app, 2 - Paying for Sky Entertainment extra pack, 3 - A dubious stream?

Basically not wanting to trust my cycling viewing to a flaky net signal, not in a virgin area and looking to de-couple myself away from sky?
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    I bought a cheap box and dish from B&Q, if you point it in the right direction you will get German Eurosport for free , which covers virtually all the cycling. As a bonus, you can also get F1 on Austrian TV ( I think), plus other stuff.

Do a Google, plenty of info on there.
  • First up, Tour of Dubai schedule is out. Live coverage starts Wednesday morning, Feb 5th.
    I'm reading rumours that Eurosport will have live coverage the Volta Algarve back this year.
    (subject to the flaky organisers and a quick whip around for the funds)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    David Harmon was interviewed by VeloVeritas this week:

He says he hasn't spoken to Eurosport about working with them this year (but would like to). I'd have thought with the season soon to start and the various freelancers filling their diaries, that he may be left without a mic when the music stops.

From what I hear it's very unlikely Eurosport will use him again.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • phil s wrote:
    David Harmon was interviewed by VeloVeritas this week:

From what I hear it's very unlikely Eurosport will use him again.

That's a real shame as he was their best commentator and good at filling the airwaves on the duller stages.