The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

1246247248249250252»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,507

WTF is going on at Wembley?

Don't care too much who wins out of Manure and Sh1ty, although might be good for other teams if Ten Hag keep his job 🙂

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 15,298

Be quiet.

• Stevo_666

What, now?

Anyway, here's hoping he keeps his job.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • First.Aspect

Now you've not jinxed it..... Dunno about Ten Haag. He can set up a team, but perhaps not create one. Might be the right guy under the new structure.

• MidlandsGrimpeur2
    MidlandsGrimpeur2 Posts: 1,538
    edited May 25

Fair play , I didn't think there was any chance of Utd winning that.

Ten Haag was good at Ajax with a very young side who clearly bought into his ideas.

Like the last few Utd Manager's he has come up against a disparate group of players with no real cohesion who clearly don't rate him. They also, to be fair, don't appear to be very well coached. The result is a level of inconsistency bordering on the pathological!

The main problem for Ten Haag seems to be there is little evidence this is going to change for the better at any point.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,717

It takes a long time to turn a rusty old ship around.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

So it'll be good if he keeps his job 🙂 Then this will still be selling well in the Manure club shop for at least another season:

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,113

I get the impression that since Fergie left, the Man Utd dressing room has been full of prima donnas who think they are above whatever manager takes over, and all think that because they are Man Utd players they are better than they really are.

#the recruitment has been poor in not getting the right personalities.

• First.Aspect

The last part I agree with. Too many players from the Dutch league. Dog goals. Seven goals in the Netherlands being one goal in the PL.

But he can coach. What he can't do is make Maguire fast or Varane play more than 25 games a season.