The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,765
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Chel$ea net spend this season €543.66m; Chel$ea 10th in table behind big hitters Brighton, Fulham and Brentford, and a whole 20 points behind Arsenal. Going well.

Only just bought most of them, takes time to filter through. In the meantime we'll enjoy our 2 Champions League trophies, which is 2 more than The Ar$e and Mancheater Shity have between them :)
    Standard response from two time European champions.
    FTFY.

How's the game going BTW? :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Arsenal at the top of the table is like an elephant at the top of a tree. Nobody knows how it got there but everyone knows it'll fall off :smiley:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    Ha! City slipped on the Forest leaves.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    ...imagine spending millions and loosing at home to Southampton...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,635
    Been to watch 3 AFC Wimbledon games this year. Nice little stadium and fun to watch with family, but the standard is what you’d expect from league two.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,635
    City and Haaland having a dip in form at the wrong time. Arsenal doing brilliantly but might have trouble maintaining momentum. Manu probably the in-form team but will be stuffed if something happens to Rashford.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    edited February 2023
    What we need is Gabriel Jesus back from injury.

If I was a manager, I would want Sterling's industry over Haaland's ability to score. I also think that he's becoming the focal point where before you had no idea who was going to have a pop. Now, Haaland has most of the pressure on him.
    You knew if Sterling was not scoring, he would still give it everything.
  • Stevo_666
    It's that time of year...
    https://youtu.be/BYgcRlQQOpA
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,043
    seanoconn said:

Been to watch 3 AFC Wimbledon games this year. Nice little stadium and fun to watch with family, but the standard is what you’d expect from league two.

I've got a season ticket at Derby and I'm really enjoying league 1. It helps that we are winning more than losing but for match going fans it doesn't make a big difference what division you are in. Only problem is it's pretty much impossible to get tickets for most away matches unless you went to 10 aways last season and I only went to one.

Re Man City and Haaland would have loved to see Kane go there instead - think he would have dropped into their system with his tendency to do the 10 role as well as the 9.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Chel$ea net spend this season €543.66m; Chel$ea 10th in table behind big hitters Brighton, Fulham and Brentford, and a whole 20 points behind Arsenal. Going well.

Only just bought most of them, takes time to filter through. In the meantime we'll enjoy our 2 Champions League trophies, which is 2 more than The Ar$e and Mancheater Shity have between them :)
    No,just bought the trophies for being Putins fluffer.

I don’t see how you can mention trophies when your ex owner who was turned down residences in the UK and Switzerland for being undesirable . And that’s before Putin lost the plot.

Maybe if you stated Chelski’s silverware was acquired with billions stolen through ownership of state assets being sold at nominal sums.

And if you want an example of unfettered spending without a strategy.. Everton….

And spreading the cost of players through 5 plus year contracts… maybe a season or two before you start hitting the threshold of what’s allowable.

let’s see how long before the super league rears it’s head with a bit for sports washing for the state owned entities who oppress, torture and murder their own citizens.

Mind you FIFA & UEFA are pillars of transparency , decency and honesty.

The best export the yanks have done was the FBI investigation and prosecution of corrupt FIFA executives.

Pity our own and every European law enforcement turned a blind eye and continue to do so.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,212
    ^ you're def not taxdodger's likebot then.
  • Stevo_666
    slowmart said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

No,just bought the trophies for being Putins fluffer.

I don’t see how you can mention trophies when your ex owner who was turned down residences in the UK and Switzerland for being undesirable . And that’s before Putin lost the plot.

Maybe if you stated Chelski’s silverware was acquired with billions stolen through ownership of state assets being sold at nominal sums.

And if you want an example of unfettered spending without a strategy.. Everton….

And spreading the cost of players through 5 plus year contracts… maybe a season or two before you start hitting the threshold of what’s allowable.

let’s see how long before the super league rears it’s head with a bit for sports washing for the state owned entities who oppress, torture and murder their own citizens.

Mind you FIFA & UEFA are pillars of transparency , decency and honesty.

The best export the yanks have done was the FBI investigation and prosecution of corrupt FIFA executives.

Pity our own and every European law enforcement turned a blind eye and continue to do so.
    Yawn. Chelsea was sold to Yank once the Russian s?*t hot the fan, in case you hadn't noticed. Suppose it might distract you from your relegation battle though :smile:
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    And that’s the annoying thing. For all the corruption, it’s still a beautiful game.

But you “seemed” to have missed the point regarding Putins chief fluffer and the correlation of Russian roubles buying success.

A new manager, an influx of new players and a tangible difference to the teams goal difference and points. Pity Chelski fans have only experienced the first two items. You never know wolves may finish above Chelski….

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    slowmart said:

And that’s the annoying thing. For all the corruption, it’s still a beautiful game.

But you “seemed” to have missed the point regarding Putins chief fluffer and the correlation of Russian roubles buying success.

A new manager, an influx of new players and a tangible difference to the teams goal difference and points. Pity Chelski fans have only experienced the first two items. You never know wolves may finish above Chelski….

Squadron of pigs on standby. Even with an ex Chelsea player in the squad, you're still Championship material ;)
  • pinno
    Chelsea are shyte.

I reckon it's time they sacked the Potter and brought Steve Bruce in.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

Nah, we want Big Sam.
  • Statistically, there is currently (last 5 matches) no worse team in the premier league than Chelsea.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,043
    Felt a bit sorry for Newcastle fans at Wembley - I can relate to them just wanting to see their club win something in their lifetime - though my lot did win the league twice in mine I was only 7 the second time so I can't claim it made much impact on me.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,773
    pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

Thomas Tuchel is still available.
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

He was good, but Boehly wouldn't have him back - apparently he had to be in full charge including signings etc, Alex Ferguson style and Boehly wasn't having that.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,773
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

He was good, but Boehly wouldn't have him back - apparently he had to be in full charge including signings etc, Alex Ferguson style and Boehly wasn't having that.
    I think it is always best to have an unqualified person picking the players.

By "best" I mean amusing. In the sense of, we've been watching United do it for a decade and now it's someone else's turn.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,412
    Like politics, a week is a long time in football!
  • Stevo_666

Like politics, a week is a long time in football!

Looks like Lineker went to cheer himself up today by watching Leicester play. Not sure that worked too well :)
  • pinno
    Manure held to a draw by the Saints. Man U will be celebrating a clean sheet.
    Great to see Jesus pack on the pitch. At least we don't have to trust in god.
  • pinno
    [This should be in the seemingly trivial things that cheer you up thread]

Conteh's rant.
  • pinno
    Another one for the STTTCYUPT:

Chelski 2, Everton 2
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,018
    pinno said:

Chelski 2, Everton 2

Who needs the hassle of European travel anyway?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:

Chelski 2, Everton 2

Who needs the hassle of European travel anyway?
    Not Arsenal I guess? :)
    https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64971711
  • pinno
    No, not Arsenal because we have the league to get on with.
    Europa league is a poisoned chalice anyway.

Too many rounds, too much travel, not an awful lot of Kudos.
    I hope Chelski do qualify for Europe this season.
    It will be good advertisement for prospective owners.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,212
    Moneyball is such a game for pansies. The MU vs Fulham 2nd half is just handbags. And stupid rules.