The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,202
    edited July 2022
    pinno said:
    No question, that's a cracking goal. It's a shame our blokes can't play as well.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Great win. One more to go. Nice to watch a game without cheating prima-donnas.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    edited July 2022
    Belter of a goal and a great game. Might have to start going to see some of the ladies footy matches :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,622
    Oh come on it was a flukey goal after she missed a sitter. Great result but let's not be deluded.
  • Stevo_666

Oh come on it was a flukey goal after she missed a sitter. Great result but let's not be deluded.

If Ronaldo had scored that everyone would be saying what a bloody genius.

Anyhow, if we get Germany in the final this will be back in the charts...
    https://youtu.be/oyoy2_7FegI

Love the bit where the Germans line up for the team photo at 3 mins in :smiley:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • First.Aspect
    No, they'd say it was clever and the goalie has slower reaction times than an oak tree.
  • Stevo_666

No, they'd say it was clever and the goalie has slower reaction times than an oak tree.

Played for and got.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,557

Oi, take that back about oak trees, unless you were referring to dead ones.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Stevo_666 said:

Played for and got.
    No, I think she attempted to put it across the goal mouth for another player to pick up and got massively lucky.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • First.Aspect

Stevo_666 said:

Played for and got.
    No, I think she attempted to put it across the goal mouth for another player to pick up and got massively lucky.
    Definitely didn't intend to nutmeg a gormless defender and goalie, but not entirely unintended that it ended up somehow over the line.

The Swedish goalie did a good impression of David Seaman at the end there as well.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400

Or the keeper made a save with good positioning, which she followed up well with a clever piece of skill, that being totally unexpected caught the defence naturally flat footed.
  • Stevo_666
    Bottom line is, we mashed the Swedes :)
  • First.Aspect
    Tashman said:

Or the keeper made a save with good positioning, which she followed up well with a clever piece of skill, that being totally unexpected caught the defence naturally flat footed.
    It was undoubtwdly quick thinking.

But being rooted to the spot three times in one game isn't a good look for a keeper. She could have written a post card during the flight of the headed second, for the third looked like Hermionie said "petrificus totalus", and for the third suffered from a sudden increase in Earth's gravity.

Great that England figured out the keeper was having a shocker, mind you.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400

Tashman said:

But being rooted to the spot three times in one game isn't a good look for a keeper. She could have written a post card during the flight of the headed second, for the third looked like Hermionie said "petrificus totalus", and for the third suffered from a sudden increase in Earth's gravity.

You're talking out of your arse or the 2nd and 3rd goals. I'll give that she was poor for the 4th though.
  • focuszing723
    edited July 2022

Tashman said:

I hate to point out the obvious here, but witches wouldn't be p1ss1n about with football, would they now. No, they'd be playing quidditch.

So the allegation of using witchcraft to win is completely unfounded.
  • focuszing723
    Nice goal, calm and precise.
  • focuszing723
    That's good going and no penalties.
  • Stevo_666
    Get in there. England - champions of Europe B)

https://youtu.be/oyoy2_7FegI
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Great Win. Enjoyed the celebration
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • focuszing723
    Hopefully our blokes will take heart from this.
  • focuszing723
    edited July 2022

• focuszing723
    Ha, great to see them having fun too.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,673
    Countdown to Spaffer claiming credit: 5,4,3....

Oi, get out of the showers you perv.
  • focuszing723
    orraloon said:

Just for you Loon.
  • Stevo_666

orraloon said:

Just for you Loon.
    :D
  • orraloon
    Is the fxxxer in the showers?
  • focuszing723
    Meh, Truss has it in the bag.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,917
    Lionesses show the men how to finish your home Euros!
    Really didn't think they would do it when Germany equalised, and they ran down the clock brilliantly.
  • orraloon
    edited July 2022
    Keegan? Gascoigne? Lineker? Shearer? Rooney? (Edit, I missed mega man Beckham.) Ooh I fell over £100m Grealish? Nah, youz Ingerlaanders need some women. Chapeau.
  • focuszing723