The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,630
    pinno said:

Oof. I'd hate to be an Abu Dhabi FC supporter this morning.

I couldn't find anything on this.
    You are joking?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,345
    It would be one helluva scalp if Liverpool could beat RM.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    pinno said:

It would be one helluva scalp if Liverpool could beat RM.

Hopefully
  • First.Aspect
    mrb123 said:
    No chance. Its the BBC and he's white and male, for starters. Pretty sure that neither of fat or annoying count towards diversity targets.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,924
    Man Utd have become the first team ever to concede 4 to both Watford and Brighton in a season.
    It's great to see! :D
    ten Haag should have listened to the advice he was given to not touch the job with a barge pole.
    Far too many in that changing room think they are far better than they are.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,498

Man Utd have become the first team ever to concede 4 to both Watford and Brighton in a season.
    ten Haag should have listened to the advice he was given to not touch the job with a barge pole.

Sounds like MOTD will be worth a watch :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

It was. Chelsea were shyte again.

• pinno
    Plus - you have some baseballing yanks who have taken over and won't have a clue.
    Happy days.
  • pinno
    Hopefully we can beat Leeds tomorrow and then we'll go into the spuds game 4pts in front.
    I never warmed to Blighton until today.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Got to feel a bit for Northampton. Go into the day in the last automatic promotion place with a +5 goal difference over Bristol Rovers, get a 3-1 away win, Bristol win 7-0 to overtake them on goals scored.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2022
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

And yet still ahead of Arsenal :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

And yet still, ahead of Arsenal :smile:
    At the rate they are going, they might not be for long.
    Christ they're shyte.
    I hope they keep fielding Lukaku 'cos he is shyte. He has been found out. Give man world class service and he will score goals. When the service is 1% below par, he can't score for toffee.
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    ...and Chelsea defence? It's shyte.
    2 -0 up at home and end up drawing.
  • pinno
    5 points in 5 games of which 3 games at home - Chelsea are shyte.
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    I hope their core supporters in let me see now... Chile, Egypt, Ghana, Cuba, Romania and Malta* can chip in 'cos they are going to need a whole new squad. There will be some cheap Man U players available soon so grab some bargains.

*Or perhaps, simply jump ship to Stranraer FC which was formed before Chelsea.
  • Stevo_666
    Will you settle for 4th again? :)
    https://youtu.be/BYgcRlQQOpA
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    edited May 2022
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    Luton Town! What would the top level pampered players make of a trip to Kenilworth Road next season?
  • Stevo_666
    Job done tonight. The North London trophy dodgers derby tomorrow should a tense affair >:) The Spuds seem to be the season ruiners these days...
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

Job done tonight. The North London trophy dodgers derby tomorrow should a tense affair >:) The Spuds seem to be the season ruiners these days...

It was only Leeds.
    It's just as well it wasn't Brentford.
  • pinno
    Anyway, we're going in to the game 4 pts in front and the pressure is on the spuds.
  • pinno
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

It was only Leeds.
    It's just as well it wasn't Brentford.
    ..or Arsenal at home
    ..or Burnley
    ...or Everton.

Chel-all-at-see were good but they're shyte now.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,924
    Odd how a side that has lost 6 all season is 'shyte' but a side that has lost 11 isn't, and that's without going into goals for or against.
    Are Arsenal unbeaten at home this season? Judging by comments above, they must be, and probably unbeaten at home for 3 or more seasons.......
  • Stevo_666

Odd how a side that has lost 6 all season is 'shyte' but a side that has lost 11 isn't, and that's without going into goals for or against.
    Are Arsenal unbeaten at home this season? Judging by comments above, they must be, and probably unbeaten at home for 3 or more seasons.......

The stats don't lie - Arsenal are $hitter on every level :) Anyway, time for a timely reminder...
    https://youtu.be/CKP3XvqXWvc
  • Stevo_666
    Even some Arsenal fans twigged a while back...
    https://youtu.be/spiAqsdvZnA

:D
  • First.Aspect
    What are the odds on Liverpool ending up with just the one trophy this year?
  • pinno

You're not a Chelsea supporter are you?
  • Stevo_666

What are the odds on Liverpool ending up with just the one trophy this year?

Get your blue scarf out this Saturday and we'll do our best to shorten those odds. I'm sure City and Real will do their best as well.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Have absolutely no bias and don’t support Manchester City but they are the best team in Europe this season. Opportunities to win the champions league don’t come along very often so you have to take your chances, specially when at your peak. They may never win it.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי