The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Hull KR?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,863
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Swansea! Is Toshack still in charge?

Man City? How the feck are they so high up? They're traditionally shite.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Man City? How the feck are they so high up? They're traditionally shite.
    Traditionally?

Someone tell City Boy :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Yeah, when I were a lad they couldn't beat an egg. Malcolm Allinson and all that. They were always down the bottom of the table somewhere, with Brighton, Chelsea and all the other shite teams.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Yeah, when I were a lad they couldn't beat an egg. Malcolm Allinson and all that. They were always down the bottom of the table somewhere, with Brighton, Chelsea and all the other shite teams.
    Some things don't change. Well, apart from Chelsea are now CHAMPIONS :)
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,959
    Why on earth did Arsenal keep Wenger on? What did they think would change?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,979
    Why on earth did Arsenal keep Wenger on? What did they think would change?
    Well, they are now nearly 4th bottom instead of 4th top.
    That's some change!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    ^^
    Good man.

Wonder if we can get a Spuds and an Arsenal fan interested in the deal?
    You'll be lucky :D
  • Stevo_666
    21077482_1480942651942625_6000339211261921317_n.jpg?oh=0ef219c78fad8265fa7ac100f180c383&oe=5A14E5B6

:wink:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I'm watching MOTD2 and I'm sorry but were Liverpool just playing Barnsley or something?

Appaling.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Or is that an insult to Barnsley?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Looks like Arsenal's tactic this year is to try and score more goals than the opposition. Bit like Chelsea and Liverpool then.

Why hasn't Klopp worked on defending set pieces over the summer?

Chelsea are playing the Spuds away on the 20th. So that's another 3 points lost. Loving it.
    With the benefit of hindsight... :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Shock exclusive - Arsenal are sh1t. And that's before Sanchez, Ox and Ozil have left to play for bigger, better clubs.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Shock exclusive - Arsenal are sh1t. And that's before Sanchez, Ox and Ozil have left.

It doesn't bode well for them does it? Having just watched THE MIGHTY BLUES am content with that.

Not sure what wil happen this season though ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Still a hard to predict season. Ironically Mourinho could be the biggest threat.

Still, the Champions are back to business as usual and that's before Hazard is back :)
  • Stevo_666
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Still a hard to predict season. Ironically Mourinho could be the biggest threat.

It's very early days but they are certainly dispatching the poorer teams with aplomb, although how much that is down to how poor these teams have actually been is up for debate. I'll reserve judgement until they played one or two teams who bother to turn up and give them a game but I will admit they look strong and I expect them to be up there come the end of the season.

You're also right about it being a tough one to predict, but I'll venture a prediction that Arsenal will continue their newly formed tradition of finishing outside the top four :wink::mrgreen:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,959
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Shock exclusive - Arsenal are sh1t. And that's before Sanchez, Ox and Ozil have left to play for bigger, better clubs.

Are you mentioning Oxlade-Chamberlain alongside the other 2 just because Chelsea are rumoured to be favourites to sign him? Otherwise there is no reason to put him in that bracket and I'm just trying to work out what it is they've seen that makes them want to sign him because imo he's one of the reasons Arsenal are so poor. 9 league goals in six seasons too...there will probably be defenders out there with more goals to their name. The pacy winger they should have is the one they've already sold...Salah.
  • pblakeney
    How pathetic are Arsenal?
    How desperate are Chelsea?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Garry H
    Partick Thistle lost as well.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Are you mentioning Oxlade-Chamberlain alongside the other 2 just because Chelsea are rumoured to be favourites to sign him? Otherwise there is no reason to put him in that bracket and I'm just trying to work out what it is they've seen that makes them want to sign him because imo he's one of the reasons Arsenal are so poor. 9 league goals in six seasons too...there will probably be defenders out there with more goals to their name. The pacy winger they should have is the one they've already sold...Salah.
    Only because he may leave, same as the other two.

Ian Wright was not a happy bunny on radio 4 live today.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It's very early days but they are certainly dispatching the poorer teams with aplomb, although how much that is down to how poor these teams have actually been is up for debate. I'll reserve judgement until they played one or two teams who bother to turn up and give them a game but I will admit they look strong and I expect them to be up there come the end of the season.

You're also right about it being a tough one to predict, but I'll venture a prediction that Arsenal will continue their newly formed tradition of finishing outside the top four :wink::mrgreen:
    The Manure -Chelsea matches should be feisty affairs. Ditto the Manc Derbies. I think we're agreed on Arsenal though :shock: :)

BTW saw this and thought that it might amuse you. Love the Ken Barlow testimonial :lol:

Screen-Shot-2014-09-26-at-22.00.34.png
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    ^^ :lol:

Can't beat the Manc walk

https://youtu.be/zvQgiZfi9Ac

Much better than being cockney :wink:

https://youtu.be/3Ae2kYqg-E4
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    ^^ :lol:

Can't beat the Manc walk

https://youtu.be/zvQgiZfi9Ac

Much better than being cockney :wink:

https://youtu.be/3Ae2kYqg-E4
    That is debatable... :)
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    BTW saw this and thought that it might amuse you. Love the Ken Barlow testimonial :lol:
    Interesting coming from someone even more northern.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Only because he may leave, same as the other two.

Ian Wright was not a happy bunny on radio 4 live today.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41077833

And fyi
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/640734/Leicester-Danny-Drinkwater-Chelsea-transfer-news-gossip
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Why?
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Why?
    Is it not a piss take on people from up north?
    Okay, Manchester specifically, but northern in general.
    Veronese68 wrote: