The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,779
    I'm gonna stick my neck out here and predict that the Cherries are gonna grab 3 points at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. Three reasons for this outrageous prediction. 1. Chelsea are normally hopeless prior to their midweek Champs Lge game. 2. Seems that some of their players go out on the lash 48hrs before a Prem game. 3. Cherries have got their confidence back and their goal scoring boots back on.

Just seen that it's the live game on Sky Saturday evening. So even Sky think Bournemouth can beat Chelski.

Come on Cherries!
    Judt leave your neck right there until Saturday evening :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,131
    Here's hoping Goo. It's a bottom of the table '6 pointer' clash.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Here's hoping Goo. It's a bottom of the table '6 pointer' clash.
    Actually you've got a big one coming up on 21st December - it's the European trophy dodgers' derby :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Slightly OT but interesting news about Gary Neville taking on the Valencia job.

Big club, lots of resources.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    He talked the talk now let's see if he can walk the walk.
    Fair play to him for having a go, unlike that tw@t Hansen.
  • pinno
    That's a diabolic remark, a shambles - from a professional forumite. I mean I can't believe that he went for the long ball direct approach...

When I had the odd opportunity to watch SKY, Neville seemed to be one of the best pundits out there. Talked a lot of sense.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    That's a diabolic remark, a shambles - from a professional forumite. I mean I can't believe that he went for the long ball direct approach...

When I had the odd opportunity to watch SKY, Neville seemed to be one of the best pundits out there. Talked a lot of sense.

He really surprised me, I thought he'd be a complete wanka. But he was forthright and informative. The antithesis to people like Jamie Redknapp who had made a good living from saying relatively little of worth.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Encouraging news for Manyoo on the injury front....

Rooney's got one!
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • pinno
    Rooney's got one!

Just one?! We're fielding the reserves.

I bet the Martial's and the Young's step into the breach and do better.
  • city_boy

That's the worry. Bet they'll start scoring a few now!
  • Stevo_666
    Rooney's got one!

Just one?! We're fielding the reserves.

+1

I reckon Manure will do better now that Shrek is out of action.
  • city_boy
    Another tactical masterclass from Pellegrini :roll:

Truly woeful from City. The sooner this muppet gets sacked the better :evil:
  • Stevo_666
    Another tactical masterclass from Pellegrini :roll:

Truly woeful from City. The sooner this muppet gets sacked the better :evil:
    Please give Pellgranny another season or two to prove himself :wink:

Must have been a sweet vitctory for Mark Hughes.
  • city_boy

Must have been a sweet vitctory for Mark Hughes.

Not just sweet, but totally deserved tbf.

Stoke played well and could have had at least 3 more goals. City on the other hand, were simply embarrassing :oops:

Having just seen Pellegrini's post match interview I'm even more convinced he has to go...he really is clueless :?
  • So it turns out Rooney isn't to blame on his own, Man Utd really are just a very basic team now.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Day of results, especially if the next 6 minutes stick. Ps where is the lost saint
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Bollox. Wonder whether Chelsea and City will end up in a bidding war for Ancelotti and/or Guardiola?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,034
    Chelsea.
    3 points off relegation.
    It's a long time since the champions were relegated. And look who they were! :twisted:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    latest?cb=20120102043236

What a result! Good prediction of mine. Just gonna put some Cherries on what's left of my birthday cake.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • latest?cb=20120102043236

What a result! Good prediction of mine. Just gonna put some Cherries on what's left of my birthday cake.

Just shows that if you back your manager, stick by your footballing principles and work hard you start to get your rewards. Something perhaps Chelsea need to take heed of.

Having said that, the three points were a bit flattering to Bournemouth - but who cares hey Mr Goo :D
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    latest?cb=20120102043236

Just shows that if you back your manager, stick by your footballing principles and work hard you start to get your rewards. Something perhaps Chelsea need to take heed of.

Having said that, the three points were a bit flattering to Bournemouth - but who cares hey Mr Goo :D

It is fair reward for how they've had to work hard and adapt the first team after injuries to key players.
    Manure at Dean Court next Saturday. I shall just enjoy this evening.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Don't worry Stevo, you'll have a PL club to support next season, it's just that it will be Middlesbrough instead of Chelsea.
  • Stevo_666
    Don't worry Stevo, you'll have a PL club to support next season, it's just that it will be Middlesbrough instead of Chelsea.
    Better than none at all eh :wink:
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    What is going on with the league this year? it's mental!

Leicester are the only consistent team, it's their league to lose!!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Day of results, especially if the next 6 minutes stick. Ps where is the lost saint
    As was today...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,034
    Newcastle within 2 points of Chelsea in the Christmas run up.
    Who saw that coming?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Having just got back from Wales last night, it would be rude not to have Swansea as my small unfashionable club to support today :)
  • city_boy
    Having just got back from Wales last night, it would be rude not to have Swansea as my small unfashionable club to support today :)

I was just about to call you out on the absurdity of wanting one of your main rivals to win, but then I realised that I will be hoping for a Leicester win on Monday night :wink:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    What is going on with the league this year? it's mental!

Leicester are the only consistent team, it's their league to lose!!

It's been a strange season alright, though I'd have to disagree with Leicester being the only consistent team. We've been crap all season!

And not just because we are having such a shocker but I do think that the quality of football on show this season in the Premier League is average. When you consider the amount of money being paid out in wages to some of the so called best players, in apparently the best league in the world then it's very mediocre. Then again it would be great to see Leicester go all the way and clinch the title, if nothing else just to see Wenger's head explode. I wish the Foxes all the best, after Monday.
  • pinno
    Mourinho's head has already exploded. He's consistently f*cked up this season. Never have I known an Arsenal down in 14th position, 2 points off a relegation spot at this point in the season. Instead of looking at Arsenal, you need to ask yourselves a deep question of where do you go from here.
    CL is looking very unlikely and playing your way to a final looks equally unlikely - there are much stronger outfits out there and Chelski would have to play the sort of footie they look incapable of playing. So if you are in Europa next year, what sort of players/managers are you likely to attract?
    Unless Chelski shoot up the table like a rocket, the future for you is looking wonderfully bleak for at least 2 seasons including this one.
    I would have more respect for Mourinho if he came out with an apology immediately after Carneiro was sacked and then the demise may not have happened but he's too arrogant for that and he's falling on his own sword as well as seemingly loosing the respect of his own players.

I think he has little option but to stay on. La Lga? No, RM wouldn't have him back. Barcelona don't need him so the only two teams most likely to win the league are out of the question. Bundesliga? Bayern's position is rock solid. I couldn't see him in Germany unless it was at Bayern. That only leaves going back to Serie A. Inter are looking good and therefore not looking for a manager. Milan could do with some help but are dwindling down in 8th place. The whole financial health of Serie A is not good and it's being taxed to death, so I am not sure Mourinho would go back - especially to Inter's main rival.

So he's stuck or more, you are stuck with him. Anyway, at the end of this season, JM will have been 3 years in the job and it is usual that he leaves at this point. It may be your only hope.

I have no idea why you have such animosity towards Wenger in the wake of his long term consistency and the position you find yourself in and all because of your failing, fumbling, manager who has fallen off a pedestal of his own making. It's comical, far more comical than anything Wenger has ever done.