The 'I've still got it thread' :)

seanoconn
seanoconn Posts: 11,318
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
Married men only.

If you've succeeded in eeking out a smile, hello or some flirtation from an attractive woman (not your wife) you've still got it :D Give yourself a pat on the back and a Ding for every ego boost.

Ding! :D

Blonde Polish cyclist that smiles and says hello everyday anyway, little ding.
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Was that before or after you opened your mouth?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Being a bronzed ripped Adonis I am used to that 24 hours a day ;)

(*Warning midlife crisis delusion*)
  • seanoconn
    Kajjal wrote:

Hey Assos man :D Give yourself a Ding!

Respect :D
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Ding!! for me.

When I flew back from Italy to Manchester, the hottie on the desk had placed a 'CAUTION HOT' sticker on my bag. I realised this when I got the bag off the carousel. Getting a 'flirting' from a hot Italian chick shows I have officially still got it. It's also nice to mention to my wife occasionally to keep her on top form.

Another Ding!! for me.

In my local supermarket there's a hottie who always gives me 'sly eyes' as she's handling my apples. She goes all coy when she sees me. I haven't told my wife this because she'd probably go and kill her.
  • seanoconn
    Hot Italian chick flirting = DING!

Good work Mike
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    seanoconn wrote:
    Kajjal wrote:

Hey Assos man :D Give yourself a Ding!

Respect :D

Ding dong ;)
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The woman who models the Assoss clobber always has a dirty look in her eye when she looks at me*

* in my dreams anyawy!!!

:wink:

Semi ding :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    arran77 wrote:
    The woman who models the Assoss clobber always has a dirty look in her eye when she looks at me*

* in my dreams anyawy!!!

Semi by the sounds of it. But that could be age related. Now put it down. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • A reasonably attractive woman from another department at work touched (actually it was more stroked) my shoulder while laughing at my boundless wit during a chat. This act was most certainly in breech of the 'no physical contact' policy that is in place at my work.

Is reasonably attractive worthy of a Ding?
  • arran77
    daviesee wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

* in my dreams anyawy!!!

Semi by the sounds of it. But that could be age related. Now put it down. :wink:

I get more than a semi looking at her I can tell you :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    A reasonably attractive woman from another department at work touched (actually it was more stroked) my shoulder while laughing at my boundless wit during a chat. This act was most certainly in breech of the 'no physical contact' policy that is in place at my work.

Is reasonably attractive worthy of a Ding?
    Definite Ding! Well played :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    I'm out in London tonight so I'll let you know how I get on.

I did make the office hottie smile with a cheeky comment today, so minor ding to start off....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • In a local supermarket when my 17 year old daughter says, " dad, that woman's checking you out" hottie shopping for root veg. "well, I ain't lost it" was my witty response.

Ding?
  • seanoconn
    In a local supermarket when my 17 year old daughter says, " dad, that woman's checking you out" hottie shopping for root veg. "well, I ain't lost it" was my witty response.

Ding?
    Ding :D
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I got a smile and a wink from a younger attractive blond women today who isn't my wife :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:
    I got a smile and a wink from a younger attractive blond women today who isn't my wife :D

Considering your other thread that wouldn't be hard :wink: :P

seanoconn
  • jjsh
    jjsh Posts: 142
    Not so long ago (ok, it was a few months, but I don't get many possible 'dings' so I'm telling you all anyway!), I went to a famous running shop during my lunch hour to see if they could book me in for gait analysis, as I was having problems with aches and pains, beeing all old and everything. As it happened, they could do it there and then. Result.

So this very attractive, obvious runner, young female assistant takes me through the process. She is very chatty and smiley, we are both cracking jokes, etc. Fair play, I thought, make the customer feel at ease, more likelyhood of the sale. All very comendable.

After establishing that I run like a total idiot (have you ever seen your running played back to you in slow motion? oh, ye gads, don't!), she tells me the type of shoe I need to correct this, and brings me two pairs to try. I try them both, do the tread mill and running up and down a bit in them both, the banter continues, and I pick the pair that feel the most comfotable after she shows me how they both have corrected my running (on video again). Happily, I have chosen the cheapest pair. Bonus.

So we walk back to the till. Banter continues. Ok, ok, don't worry, lass, you have your sale. Card and details 'for the computer' are exchanged, and then the banter goes along the lines of..

'so, do you live round here, then?'

'no, I'm just here for work. I work all over the UK really, I'm just up the road at xxxxx today, so I thought I'd pop in'

'Oh, do you often work at xxxxx? Where are you from then?'

I'm thinking ~Its OK, You've got the sale, don't fret.

'I'm from a little village in Lincolnshire, but, aye, I'm often at xxxxxx, yeah'

'Sounds a long way, do you have to stay over?'

No, seriously, love, you have my card, the approval reciept has printer off, you've made ya sale. Well done, chillax.

'Erm, sometimes, if I've got a lot on'

'Oh, great, well you'll be able to come out running now eh?' . And winks.

I exit the shop. You know, it's not right what they say about young people today, they are friendly and efficient. I mean, for some unknown reason, I feel all uplifted and ace.

So, I get home and am taking out the pile of various leaflets and offers that they bung in the bag with your running shoes. And there it is, writen on the top of one of them, her name (well, first name) and mobile number. I shit you not.

Possible ding?
  • seanoconn
    JJSH wrote:
    Not so long ago (ok, it was a few months, but I don't get many possible 'dings' so I'm telling you all anyway!), I went to a famous running shop during my lunch hour to see if they could book me in for gait analysis, as I was having problems with aches and pains, beeing all old and everything. As it happened, they could do it there and then. Result.

So this very attractive, obvious runner, young female assistant takes me through the process. She is very chatty and smiley, we are both cracking jokes, etc. Fair play, I thought, make the customer feel at ease, more likelyhood of the sale. All very comendable.

After establishing that I run like a total idiot (have you ever seen your running played back to you in slow motion? oh, ye gads, don't!), she tells me the type of shoe I need to correct this, and brings me two pairs to try. I try them both, do the tread mill and running up and down a bit in them both, the banter continues, and I pick the pair that feel the most comfotable after she shows me how they both have corrected my running (on video again). Happily, I have chosen the cheapest pair. Bonus.

So we walk back to the till. Banter continues. Ok, ok, don't worry, lass, you have your sale. Card and details 'for the computer' are exchanged, and then the banter goes along the lines of..

'no, I'm just here for work. I work all over the UK really, I'm just up the road at xxxxx today, so I thought I'd pop in'

'I'm from a little village in Lincolnshire, but, aye, I'm often at xxxxxx, yeah'

No, seriously, love, you have my card, the approval reciept has printer off, you've made ya sale. Well done, chillax.

I exit the shop. You know, it's not right what they say about young people today, they are friendly and efficient. I mean, for some unknown reason, I feel all uplifted and ace.

So, I get home and am taking out the pile of various leaflets and offers that they bung in the bag with your running shoes. And there it is, writen on the top of one of them, her name (well, first name) and mobile number. I shoot you not.

Possible ding?

Major Ding! Nice one, still got it :D
  • JJSH wrote:

So, I get home and am taking out the pile of various leaflets and offers that they bung in the bag with your running shoes. And there it is, writen on the top of one of them, her name (well, first name) and mobile number. I shoot you not.

Possible ding?

brass!
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Possible ding? Thats like legendary status right there!!!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • jjsh
    jjsh Posts: 142
    Just to clarify ~ this is the only time anything like that has ever happened to me. Still, made an old man happy. :-)
  • seanoconn
    goonz wrote:
    Possible ding? Thats like legendary status right there!!!
    Sorry goonz, married men only.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    A couple of years ago (ok, so I may not still have it :lol: ) there was a demonstration of some form of exercise routine at paddington station. As I had some time to spare, I stood and watched (when I say watched, I mean stared and drooled !) for a while. I caught the eye of one of the scantily clad hottie instructors, who, after the routine, came over and asked me if I'd like to go for a coffee with her.

I smiled and politely declined explaining that I'm married. Still a ding as far as I'm concerned though.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • seanoconn
    MattC59 wrote:
    A couple of years ago (ok, so I may not still have it :lol: ) there was a demonstration of some form of exercise routine at paddington station. As I had some time to spare, I stood and watched (when I say watched, I mean stared and drooled !) for a while. I caught the eye of one of the scantily clad hottie instructors, who, after the routine, came over and asked me if I'd like to go for a coffee with her.

I smiled and politely declined explaining that I'm married. Still a ding as far as I'm concerned though.
    Well, if we're doing a full history of Dings..... :lol:
  • seanoconn
    I'm off to Brighton for the weekend with the hawk, so I'm not expecting many dings. Still, you never know

ymca.gif
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm off to Brighton for the weekend with the hawk, so I'm not expecting many dings. Still, you never know

ymca.gif

roflmao.gif
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:

ymca.gif

No dings put plenty of dongs for you then :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

ymca.gif

No dings put plenty of dongs for you then :lol:

All the dongs he can handle.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    The bubbly petite (height anyway!) blonde at GP's surgery reception - guess she's about 50 so too young for me but a definite ding (and yes I CAN still tell!). If she goes cold on me I'll know she's seen my records! If only I were 15 years younger....

Fall in love every day me.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • arran77
    It's funny how several people have said that the women giving them the eye are too young for them, how do other people judge the cut off point for what's ok to oggle and what's not?

I go for the half your age plus 10% approach when deciding who I should 'admire' :wink:

seanoconn