The ever popular, where was i thread

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Capt Slog wrote:
    priory wrote:
    what is this thing called a google? I thought we weren't supposed to do that, although unless you have sailed around most of the islands (as I did 30years ago) there is little alternative unless someone has been.

there aren't many islands north of athens with a port.

This has been my point each time someone has accused me of cheating. I just don't see how the hell else anyone is supposed to get these unless they google the clues. Other than that it's just a case of naming each Greek island out of the 1000's available until someone gets the right one.

thats the problem, google shouldnt be used or indeed needed. but people post obscure photos that no one will get in a million years. the photos have to be semi guessable. or at least provide semi guessable (without googling clues) tis is what happens when thread owners arent allowed to police their threads

Sloppy thread ownership I'd say :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Why are we waiting, why are we waiting. oh why are we waiting, oh why why why...Why are we waiting, why are we waiting. oh why are we waiting, oh why why why...Why are we waiting, why are we waiting. oh why are we waiting, oh why why why...Why are we waiting, why are we waiting. oh why are we waiting, oh why why why...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    regencos2007022_zps3e204490.jpg

It used to work fine, but now photobucket is driving me mad. and while I'm at it, I would like formally to announce that I am fed up with computer people who take something that works and improve it so it doesn't . This is absolutely usual , routine , normal , an inevitable sequel to stability and efficiency at work and at home . It is the reason why people do not like change and others are employed to show us why we must embrace it, an industry in iself. I don't mind if they make something better, but the maxim 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' is a serious plea by people who actually have a real job to do and do not want to spend an an extra hour or two every day trying to cope with rubbish software.
    Computers will reduce the bureaucracy because they are so efficient we were told . What a sick joke that was.
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • priory wrote:
    . . . while I'm at it, I would like formally to announce that I am fed up with computer people who take something that works and improve it so it doesn't . This is absolutely usual , routine , normal , an inevitable sequel to stability and efficiency at work and at home . It is the reason why people do not like change and others are employed to show us why we must embrace it, an industry in iself. I don't mind if they make something better, but the maxim 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' is a serious plea by people who actually have a real job to do and do not want to spend an an extra hour or two every day trying to cope with rubbish software.

You get my vote.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    priory wrote:
    Computers will reduce the bureaucracy because they are so efficient we were told . What a sick joke that was.
    When I was at school I was told that computers would lead to the paperless office. Ha! Computers lead to people printing out reams of shite that nobody will ever read.
    In response to where you were, without Googling I'll go for by the seaside somewhere. Which brings me to another point. Is Google a conversation killer? Previously you'd have a discussion in the office about who did something or when such an event happened. Now somebody Googles it and the conversation is over.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    priory wrote:
    . . . while I'm at it, I would like formally to announce that I am fed up with computer people who take something that works and improve it so it doesn't . This is absolutely usual , routine , normal , an inevitable sequel to stability and efficiency at work and at home . It is the reason why people do not like change and others are employed to show us why we must embrace it, an industry in iself. I don't mind if they make something better, but the maxim 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' is a serious plea by people who actually have a real job to do and do not want to spend an an extra hour or two every day trying to cope with rubbish software.

You get my vote.

+1. My current rant is with Google Maps. This used to be a really usable application, now it just seems to do what the hell it likes. The directions no longer seem to work properly either. I sure used to put in a postcode and having found that on the map, you used to click 'directions to here' and be able to put in another postcode. Now it automatically puts in the same postcode and says it can't calculate the route :roll: And don't get me started on the road colours :evil:

The pic i think is somewhere in africa, I thought it might be a point in Ceuta that looks over to Gibraltar (Gib not in the shot though).

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    Cape town?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    MC Hammer-land, judging by guy on the left.
  • priory
    it is in europe and well known for cycling and the bay is named after the man who invented chocolate wrappers in gainsborough.
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

• boobys bay
  • priory
    1000miles too far north

• portugal then?
  • priory
    east a bit

• arran77
    España
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Rose Bay
  • pinno
    Costa Brava, just north of Palamos?
  • priory
    yes , it is Begur castle looking north to Roses

Roses chocs are named after a gainsborough engineer who invented the first successful machine for wrapping little things up .

• pinno
    Over to you nathancom. I'll start singing 'why are we waiting' if you don't post a pic soon and you don't want me to do that.
  • nathancom
    Ok this is an easier one than some of the others...

IMG_20140426_154330_zps686afcaf.jpg
  • capt_slog
    That's Rosslyn Chapel isn't it?

• nathancom
    Thought it was harder than that! Over to you.
  • capt_slog
    edited April 2014
    Ok try this..

sorry, I was having loads of problems with photobucket, it won't save the edits to my photos.

DSC_1038-1.jpg

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Loch Ness?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    Regents Park Boating Lake?

seanoconn
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Grand Union canal
  • capt_slog
    florerider wrote:
    Grand Union canal

care to narrow it down a bit? it's 137 miles long.

• florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Can't be any narrower, the boats won't fit.
  • capt_slog
    florerider wrote:
    Can't be any narrower, the boats won't fit.
    :lol:

• arran77
    Capt Slog wrote:
    florerider wrote:
    Grand Union canal

Somewhere between London and Birmingham :mrgreen:

seanoconn
  • capt_slog
    arran77 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    florerider wrote:
    Grand Union canal

Somewhere between London and Birmingham :mrgreen:

No :lol:

Although the main GUC runs from London to Brum as you rightly say, the picture isn't part of that section.